It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Explosion Kills One at University of Oklahoma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Additional information that is not confirmed for its veracity:

According to a grounds keeper at OU who was involved in the situation in the hours that followed, Hinrichs was apparently either wearing the backpack on his upper back, or hugging it to his chest. The explosion cut his body in half at the waist leaving the entire lower portion of his body still seated on the park bench, but obliterating everything from the waist up. The explosion destroyed the back of the bench, but not the seat of the bench. Apparently Hinrichs had removed his ballcap just prior to the explosion and placed it on the seat next to him. It was still sitting there after the explosion.

TATP is considered a "heatless" explosive...i.e. it doesn't release much heat during the reaction. (It is the same type explosive reaction that takes place in your car airbag when it inflates.) Contrary to what certain sites are pushing, TATP is easily made with home products and is not some kind of exotic concoction. The same home mix was used in the London bombings.

Interesting account from a Norman citizen - you can consider this one confirmed:

Sunday the investigators drove away from Hinrich's apartment with a protective container full of the explosive materials taken from the apartment. It has been reported by some people that an unnamed source in the NPD has stated they did NOT detonate any of these materials, but retained them as evidence.

HOWEVER, at least two Norman citizens have attested to the fact that some time between 8 and 9 p.m. Sunday night a LARGE explosion was heard coming from the south and possibly slightly to the east of Lindsey Street. The witnesses heard this explosion as they were walking from Boyd to Lindsey along McGee Street. One witness commented, when they heard the explosion, "Well, somebody else has blown themselves up." But when no sirens were ever heard, the citizen became confused as to why not.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And by the way - I'd like to point out the Oklahoma news agencies are doing a KICK-ASS job on covering this.

kudos to them and let us not ever doubt the power of the local press.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've saved a copy of the October 2nd FBI statement scanned document that is linked on the OU main page to my server in case that document goes away on the OU site.

I would like to place both links here side-by-side so that maybe members who read this thread can verify via follow-up posts that the pdf on my server matches exactly the pdf on the OU main page. That way, for future reference, no one can claim I did anything to the document.

Thanks.

PDF saved to my server

PDF linked on OU main page

OU Main Page with link at top

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Val, have you seen the video...

they are confirming further arrests and a confirmed connection to the islamic center...

it is looking bad... maybe not a coordinated attack type of bad, but this guy was planning to take out others... not himself...

he had two tickets to algeria reserved...
Was it a vacation he was planning? nope..
see the video... it has to many revelations to name...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
update: they are not retracting the info...
but aren't restating it either...

correction: more people are being looked at, but no further arrests yet...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If the national media is reporting on this, I must have missed it. I have been watching MSNBC and CNN and have heard nothing. I surely could have missed it , but I would think that it would be unavoidable! Thanks Majic, if it hadn't been for you I would not have heard about it!

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
CindyfromFlorida, the mainstream Media have reported very little on this. It is actually rather shocking that they have such a small level of involvement in it when it is such an important issue.

Shocking to see the Media/Governemnt sweep something under the carpet. Could it be that they in fact want to make people forget because the attack didn't work as well as expected?

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Odium - I think that you have hit the nail on the head. I think that it was a plan that didn't work out, and the people involved are trying to cover it up so that it won't be examined too closely. It scares me to think what is next, and no I don't believe muslims were involved.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Breadth Of Coverage

Although the "mainstream media" seems to be ignoring this story, we can be assured that they are following it privately.

If there should be a significant buzz over the story in other media, the “MSM” will have little choice but to at least publish something about it or face discreditation as a news source.

And indeed, there seems to be a significant amount of interest on the part of the "Blogosphere" in this story. Without this sort of attention, it seems likely that this story would have disappeared and never resurfaced.

I wonder how many times such a thing has already happened? How would we even know?

Meanwhile, the bloggers keep blogging along. Many are focused on this unusual story, and they are posting some rather intriguing stuff.

Is it true? I don't know, but it certainly makes one go “hmmmm”.

Here are a couple of examples from Tapscott's Copy Desk:

Statement from Last Person to See Hinrichs Alive: "The Last Thing He Heard Was Me Whistling 'Great is the Lord'"

13 Plastic Bottles Found in Hinrichs' Car; Lots of Small, Round Holes Seen in Tree Near Bomb Site

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I have a couple of questions concerning this report. (By the way,it doesn't really bother me that the following is posted on WorldNetDaily. It was co-written by Jayna Davis, and I have a lot of confidence in her and what she'll put her name to.)

worldnetdaily.com...

First off, asking the obvious, why did the Justice Department seal the search warrant?

But the next question I have is did Bob Troester just misspeak here, or is this a slip of the tongue that reveals something?

Bob Troester, first assistance U.S. attorney in Oklahoma City, said the department requested the warrant be sealed, but declined to elaborate when asked why it was necessary to do so given previous media reports that a depressed Hinrichs acted alone and on a whim.

"You can draw whatever assumption you like," he said. We don't comment on any sealed indictments."

Indictments??? Who's talking about indictments, he was supposed to be speaking about a search warrant.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Dictionary.com
Law. A written statement charging a party with the commission of a crime or other offense, drawn up by a prosecuting attorney and found and presented by a grand jury.

The party can be anyone, the commission will be the crime, the attorney of course is the lawyer and they can be in the process of giving it to a jury. It is just a formal way of saying they wish to charge the person with a crime even after death.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Inter-Diction

Originally posted by Valhall
Indictments??? Who's talking about indictments, he was supposed to be speaking about a search warrant.

Maybe it is just a slip of the tongue. I'm sure he uses that expression a lot in his work.

On the other hand, whether it's a slip of the tongue or not, I think it is fair to say that this does at least give us a clue regarding where his head is at on this case.

He knows things we don't.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
More from the same blog linked above:

- Hinrichs attended a nearby mosque, the same one apparently attended by the "20th hijacker" of 9/11, Zaccarias Moussaoui. Moussaoui attended the same Norman, OK, flight school attended by 9/11 mastermind Mohammed Atta and another of the hijackers.

- Hinrichs joined the Triangle engineering fraternity at OU but soon thereafter dropped out for a year, then took up residence in the university owned apartment complex known as "Little Tehran" in Norman rather than returning to the Triangle house.

- Hinrichs' roommate in the apartment is reportedly a Palestinian national.

- Authorities discovered bomb-making materials in Hinrichs' apartment, including a substance known as "Mother of Satan" among Islamofascist terrorist bombmakers.

tapscottscopydesk.blogspot.com...

Do with it what you will.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

The party can be anyone, the commission will be the crime, the attorney of course is the lawyer and they can be in the process of giving it to a jury. It is just a formal way of saying they wish to charge the person with a crime even after death.

Are they trying to indict him with kiling himself? or destroying the back of the park bench?

Just trying to get this straight mind you.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Are they trying to indict him with kiling himself? or destroying the back of the park bench?

Just trying to get this straight mind you.

Brings new meaning to the term habeas corpus. If they really are pushing an indictment on the dead person, could they be using as an excuse to allow investigation of all those around him???

[edit on 10/7/05 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well, this case just got curiouser and curiouser, now didn't it?

Man arrested in FBI threat

A man whose brother blew himself up outside the University of Oklahoma's packed football stadium last year has been arrested on suspicion of threatening to assault an FBI agent in Colorado.

Police who arrested the younger Hinrichs said he had a Romanian-made assault rifle, ammunition, a military helmet, a ballistic vest, a knife, knee pads, a flashlight and other gear in his car and was carrying another knife.

The younger Hinrichs told a Colorado Springs officer he had the rifle because of an FBI agent named Todd, the FBI said in an affidavit filed Tuesday in Denver federal court. The agent's last name was not listed.

Hinrichs also told the officer the FBI had harassed him and then became agitated and screamed "I will settle it," the FBI document said.

He later told FBI investigators he had abandoned the idea of killing the agent, the document said.

The FBI said it had opened its domestic terrorism investigation of the younger Thomas Hinrichs the day after his brother's death but closed it six months later after determining he hadn't made any specific threats. It was not clear why the investigation was opened.

The investigation was reopened in August 2006 after the younger Hinrichs left a telephone message with the FBI saying he was angry at the federal government and blaming schools for his brother's death, the FBI affidavit said. He left a second message in October saying "I will ... bury you, do you understand, I will bury you," the affidavit said.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think what we have here is a very dysfunctional family. 'Cause sumtin ain't right!

Roper

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This was, and always has been, a bothced homeland terror attack. This could have been the first suicide bombing in the US if sucessful. I think we got lucky.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
failed suicide bomber maybe?

Perhaps he was supposed to detonate in a crowd or something, and not all of the bombs went off.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
HE attempted to make entry and was turned away. This is an interesting find about the sibling.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join