It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the governor of N.O. had favoritism towards out-of-state people and foreigners

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i was watching FOX news ( don't hate me for it
) and the news guy who was in N.O. said that people who were in some hotel (the people staying in the hotel were all from out of state and foreigners) next to where the governor lives / works, were sent to the super dome and went to the front of the long line and were evacuated to the houston dome before the many who were waiting on that line and in the stadium for days...

what kind of governor cares for people out of his state and country first!?!?!?

this is crazy...

i wish i had a link to support this, but i don't...

believe me, this happined and it is sick!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
BBC Link about Brits caught up

There is another link - I believe on another thread here.

Personally - these are the easiest to *get rid* of - get them out, put them on a plane and the problem is dealt with.

Also they're probably thinking of the publicity factor - white tourist seeking shelter gets shot / raped / murdered / beaten / robbed (any combination or all of them) - I can just imagine the newspaper headlines over here.... Not good for the old transatlantic alliance...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Strictly a CYA move. Gotta score those brownie points, ya know!

Of course, in only serves to add to the tension, I would think....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
still...

a governor that cares for people out of his state and country before his own people does not need to be governor...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What you dont know and what is negalted to say is that these people paid 25 grand for 10 buses as the storm was hitting. The goverment comendeared the buses before they could get there.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would think that they were allowed to leave first is because they have a place to go. The others do not.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
What you dont know and what is negalted to say is that these people paid 25 grand for 10 buses as the storm was hitting. The goverment comendeared the buses before they could get there.

is this true!?!?!?

i didn't know this...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I would think that they were allowed to leave first is because they have a place to go. The others do not.

so...

some 100 (maybe) rich people with a "place to go" can leave first and not the 10s of 1000s of "poor" people with no "place to go"???

the numbers alone proove this is wrong...

[edit on 3-9-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

is this true!?!?!?

i didn't know this...

Im not going to say something I dont think is true. I am trying to find the link. Its really a shame how the media spins things.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Actually it makes sense for two reasons. If tourists stay and are shot/raped/killed then when you rebuild people are going to remember that and they're not going to want to go back.

The people still there are the ones that there is no shelter set up for, no homes to go to, nobody to stay with. It makes more sense to stay there where they have shelter until there is a place set up for them to go to, rather than send them somewhere they will have to sit around in the heat, with no shelter and have worse things happen to them.

Yes, I remember hearing that story about the buses too. They paid $25K, then waited and waited, and it turned out that the military had grabbed the buses to bring troops in instead, and they had no idea when the buses would show up to take them out at last.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You guys are all way off I think. The mayor cleared the hotel to make room for the command post being set up. The cops and local officials needed the space to coordinate their next move, and since they couldn't throw the hotel dwellers to the back of the line without risking a huge explosion of resentment and rage, the mayor had those people put on a bus immediately and sent out of town.

There was no favoritism, only pragmatism, as far as I can tell.

There was a severe undercurrent of racism and anger directed at the upper class, and the mayor, not being a racist, decided that for the safety of all people involved, it was best not to throw a bunch of frightened white tourists and their belongings to the poor, angry, starving, black crowd.

New Orleans is like any other major urban area I imagine, not even taking into consideration the unique history of the place. If you stink of fear and a different culture, you will get eaten alive, and that's in the best of times. The mayor's decision saved lives, I practically guarantee it.

I've seen signs calling for the man to run for POTUS, he walks on water in the eyes of a number of people. I think this is ridiculous of course, but he's also not a heartles scoundrel unconcerned with his own citizens' welfare.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
WO is correct - it was the mayor that did it and not the governor.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
WO is correct - it was the mayor that did it and not the governor. [/quote

As WO would say where is your proof? Turn about is fair play after all is it not? WO asked me for proof and I gave it to him only in that case the media source used said it was the governor.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
WyrdeOne...

i didn't even know this...

i guess FOX news left the fact that the cops needed the hotel out of the story...

i am not surprised

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

Exactly,and further i know our Gov (Australian)pushed to get our citizens out asap after a few days in that stadium,the Aussie girls reported being gropped abussed and harrassed by thugs when trying to use the toilets there let alone no aid.

That said imo the only favouritism that i`ve seen is towards anyone that was`nt affected by Katrina,because it seems like the only good thing they have done was to warn people to get out before hand.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
HELEN DALLEY: With consular officials still being kept out of New Orleans, Canberra is powerless to help the remaining trapped Australians, at least for the time being. But we are offering to send 20 emergency experts to help with recovery and we're donating $10 million to the US Red Cross to help survivors of the disaster.
link

There are two possablitys here fox news are talking out of there ass or people cant admit that the state or federal government has failed them. Its probaly a bit of both. For non americans this interview puts the disater into perpective.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So, that's how it Works.

The "Well-Dressed" have the Priority over the Poor and the "Badly-Dressed"?

No wonder so many people have died in this Disaster of a "Evacuation".

On the other hand - the President was playing Golf when Katrina Struck. What did we Expect?

Interesting that when a Cat 5 Hurricane hits Cuba, the "Tyrannt" Castro can evacuate 1.5 Million people to safety and even with 20.000 destroyed homes, nobody lost a life. No looting. No raping. No killing. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So, that's how it Works.

On the other hand - the President was playing Golf when Katrina Struck. What did we Expect?

Interesting that when a Cat 5 Hurricane hits Cuba, the "Tyrannt" Castro can evacuate 1.5 Million people to safety and even with 20.000 destroyed homes, nobody lost a life. No looting. No raping. No killing. Why is that?

amen!!!

very good point about castro too...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

So, that's how it Works.

Because they have more morals than the blacks in NO perhaps

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Is that Ivan you are talking about? If so the answer is very easy why there were so few deaths when it crossed over cuba it only had winds of approximately 85 miles and hour that is one half the speed of Katrina. That would also explain the low loss of housing.

As for the rest the answer is simple they knew if they did not do it he probably would have shot them being the tyrant he is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join