It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you want your government to do if your country was nuked?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The first step to never having to answer this question is to end nuclear weapons all together.

At the present day and age, the use of a nuclear deterent of any type would be scorned upon globally and would result in the destruction of whatever government used them.

It is inconceivable, that any men, or group of men in the name of a political structure should, could or would ever incinerate millions of people, at any one time.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Might against might, and sword against sword. In the end, the peacemaker will prevail, and the worlds armies will have killed each other.

The pen is more mighty then the sword..
The hand that holds the pen, is more might then the pen..
The mind that uses the pen for peace, is a man working for God and the truth.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I love how so many people immediately jump on the 'retaliation' aspect of the question.

After all, who gives a damn about hundreds, thousands, or even millions of suffering people, right?

The most important thing is to make more people suffer in payment for the suffering going on.

The first thing I would expect and pray for would be a massive relief effort to help the injured and displaced. Clean water, food, shelter, clothing, relocation assistance, and clean-up efforts would take precedence over bombing some random beligerents, IMO.

The dust hadn't even settled on 9/11 and millions of Americans were already screaming for blood, without a thought to the needs of the surviving victims. :shk:

It's so twisted up, I can't even begin to understand the mentality that allows for such narrow thinking.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Digitalgrl, when have Goverments taken notice of what the people wants Goverments will do what they like. Bush/Blair did not hold a referendum re invading Iraq. Millions of people took to the streets in the UK against this war and Blair and his gang did not give a hoot.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If a country nuked the United States, and claimed responsibility,
well I'd in my mind be saying "seres us right.", but I'd want the
government to destroy the other countries military infrastructure,
and nuke there (political) capital city.

If it was terorists, well if they were hiding in the wilderness, like in
the Afghani mountains, I'd want the government to turn the moun-
tains into rubble.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I love how so many people immediately jump on the 'retaliation' aspect of the question.

After all, who gives a damn about hundreds, thousands, or even millions of suffering people, right?

Naturally the first thing i think anyone would do is help your own i think that's kind of implied or assumed.

If it were terrorists..
Now as for foreign policy... Can anyone say Glass? My first step would by to glass Iran and Syria outright gone.

Next step is to inform China that they are too invade capture and then return north Korea to South Korea if they do not than we will nuke North Korea, on top of that slowly i would change our trading with China and send all our business where it belongs in south america.

Third i would Inform Russia that they are to shore up their Nuclear scientists and weapons immediatly and that they are no longer aloud to export nuclear technology PERIOD! Oh and remind them that we would rather Die quickly and take them with us than to die slowly being tormented by nuclear states that they created.

If it were a nation...
The entire nation is to be obliterated immediatley and absolutley no questions no mercy the world would know then that to kill americans is suicide. Then all of the Allies of said nation are to pay for damages and to rebuild what was destoyed in our nation. Refusal would be an act of war and we will be justified in using nuclear weapons on them as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i want to hear a few sweet words come from the mouth of the leader
"today, we make history. for this is the day that we turn the other cheek"

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think about my day on 9/11/01 when I was hiding under my truck trying to not think of another plane inbound as I heard on my Police Radio. I was hiding under the truck with about 5 other Officers, We dove under there when we heard Jet engines. We did not know that they where Air Force F16s patroling the skies to protect us. I was scared. I thought the world had gone mad. I heard reports that they, The Air Force was shooting down Planes. The Pentagon was hit, All I could think about was my family and would they be safe. I expected to hear that we made some Middle East country Glass under the WMD act. (You hit us and get it back seven fold). I thought about the ICBMs Warming up in the Silos. I thought How am I going to get through this day. I thought about all the people in the buildings. I am glad that cool heads prevailed. I might not agree with this Administration, but on that day, I felt sorrow for our Island Earth.

Don't forget that radation travels around the world and effects everyone.

If that dreadfull day ever comes, May GOD stop the maddness.

I know that in the fear that the world would have that day.

We have caused the World to blink a few times since 1945.

May that day never come.

It is up to us all to keep a vigilant watch for those who may what to hurt us.

Keeping this question fresh in our minds is what helps us have COOL HEADS.

I am still sick from that day. I still see it in my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join