It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you want your government to do if your country was nuked?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

i brought this question up in one of the threads i was posting asking everyone what they would want their countries response to be if their country got nuked by another country or the terrorists and someone suggested i start a thread and ask it

so i am.

so What would you want your governments response to be if your country got nuked?

Kind Regards,
DigitalGirl

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
That is a difficult question.

You cant really have nuclear retaliation on a terrorist nuclear bombing so that in itself answers itself. It would probably be more of what were doing now in Iraq.

If it was another country, Im not sure what to say. We would have to stop them in every way possible, but honestly, nuclear combat on a large scale would be ugly and irresponsible globaly.

Mankind has developed the huge powerhouse weapons with honestly no realistic usage or even deterent. Some country hell bent on using one will use it. But I think every man behind the button realizes the massive accountability and reaponsibilty as well as mayhem they are starting.

Do a Google search on Hiroshima or Nagasaki, and see how devastating those bombs were. Men, women and children. Their skin falling off like it is sack cloth. Their eyes hanging out of the sockets. People with nuclear shadows from the fabric on their bodies. Their hair falling out.

No one should have the power large enough to decimate people on that scale. Imagine scorched earch 50 miles by 50 miles. Its ugly.
Our best bet is no take them down, and no longer build them while we still can.

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well, if a terrorist does it, make their home country responsible and make them pay for what was destroyed plus money for the grieving families, if they refused to pay, use a nuke on them, sounds fair enough? I dont see any country lauching them from their own soil because they will be retailiated against.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Hello everyone!

i brought this question up in one of the threads i was posting asking everyone what they would want their countries response to be if their country got nuked by another country or the terrorists and someone suggested i start a thread and ask it

so i am.

so What would you want your governments response to be if your country got nuked?

Kind Regards,
DigitalGirl

Great post. I love to think, lol.

hmmm, let's see.

1. I would like for my government to respond with empathy for those in the direct path of the destruction. Send supplies, generators, and aid, immediately. First thing's first. Without our people, we have no power. I'd like for my government to focus on us. The perpetrators will be taken care of, accordingly.

2. Close borders, staff the recruiting stations (influx will be higher than normal), and ask our people how they would like to handle this.

3. Then, listen.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
thanks for replying guys.
keep your opinons coming.

see this is a hard question ..even if you arent anti-war because as HIFI stated, people launching nukes off all over the place would be terrible.

Xphilese, im not saying i agree or disagree with you , im just wondering how you think nuking them back would make things better?

anyways...what do the rest of you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Good post sour
after the government was done getting supplies together and closing the borders, what would you be telling the government you wanted to do when they said they were ready to listen?

DigitalGirl

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
How big of a nuke? 10KT? 10MT?m Suitacase, Fatboy, Plutonium, Tritium? How many people killed?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The only possible answer is full-scale thermonuclear retalitation.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
without the threat of Mutually assured destruction(MAD) your just asking to be nuked. sorry but being weak and passive to a nuclear attack is the worst thing you could do, because if every one realises your not willing to go nuclear they wont hesitate to nuke you.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
hmm i guess i should have specified that. well i dont know that much about nuclear weapons. im 19 and in my second year of college...havent studied that at all
i suppose which ever kind is the biggest threat to us. everyone says iran has em, and Korea, china, russia. which ones are they most likely to hit people with.

if someone can answer that question then that is what i will base the nuking catagory on for this thread in refrence to the question.

Kind regards,
and good point to bring up,
DigitalGirl

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hey X,
nothing to be sorry about. this isnt a debate..its an opinon thread. feel free to post what you feel is the best option

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I know this won't be popular. But if I was president assuming the attack was "terrorist" in nature. Meaning, not carried out by another nation, or state then........

Of course we would have to take care of the wounded and dead first. Probably best done in large medical camps ,think fairground size, with continuous loops of footage from Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, projected on drive in size screens. Perhaps provide free literature on the "shadow project" even, and give that a while to sink in to the survivors.

Then perhaps we could rise to the claim of being a "christian nation", and actually turn the other cheek. Setting an exmple for nations worldwide to destroy all nuclear arms.

Then honestly investigate to find those responsible, and hear their reasons for doing it, offer a total of TWICE we have spent invading Iraq, to be divided equally amongst the countries of the perpetrators. To show that for once, America is not only talking the talk, but walking the walk. I would then make a public apology for years of exploitative policies, and promise to allow nations to develop free from self serving manipulation, in every way shape and form. Then make this an ammendment in the Constitution.

And if there is EVER another attack again.......Then I would feel perfectly justified in literally taking over the globe. Unleashing every non-nuclear device in our arsenal, complete with forced draft, conscripted prisoners, and "illegal aliens" patrolling the world. All under the red white and blue!!
And we let the world know that that is exactly what we would do!

Assuming this is a nation that attacks. I would offer the same as above, without the monetary compensation though. The rest would be the same.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well, if a terrorist does it, make their home country responsible and make them pay for what was destroyed plus money for the grieving families, if they refused to pay, use a nuke on them, sounds fair enough? I dont see any country lauching them from their own soil because they will be retailiated against.

[edit on 3-8-2005 by XphilesPhan]

The bombers in London were British and I'm sure if they could have got their hands on some kind of radioactive/ dirty bomb they would have used it, how would we respond to this

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
without the threat of Mutually assured destruction(MAD) your just asking to be nuked. sorry but being weak and passive to a nuclear attack is the worst thing you could do, because if every one realises your not willing to go nuclear they wont hesitate to nuke you.

This sounds like the best possible solution so far in this thread. If one person or country got away with it, it would be throwing up a big Green Light saying (one more please sir!!) As a nation we should strike back with one that would make the terrorists bomb(s) look like childs play. Over in the Sandpit of Iraq there is a place called the Sunni Triangle and many insurgents from theat region have been killing civilians and service members with impunity. I would fly over and drop several million leaflets telling the inhabitants that the land would be leveld in 72 hrs. When their time was up, I would vaporize the Triangle and that would show them what they could expect in the future.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well...the reality is that my small country lacks the military might to do much on any grand scale. Our Navy is miniscule, our Air Force almost non-existant and our Army - though considered some of the best in the business - is not of any great numbers or extremely equipt for anything significant.

So...what would I want my Govt to do if someone nuked us?? Providing theres much left of NZ, which I doubt there would be, I'd like them to write an 'open cheque' to our SAS to do anything and everything - torture, assassination, full covert deep ops - the works - to hunt every last one of those mofos down and slaughter them...as painfully as possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
really only one answer i think if terrorists set off 1 nuke depending what country it was if it was a small country then there would be a nuke retaliation instantly IE UK, now if it was in USA maybe they would not retaliate with a nuke but massive conventional bombs cruise missiles, then if terrorists set off a second i think the middle east country's that have anything to do with terrorists would be wiped off face of the Earth with NUKES.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This question basically breaks into two parts:
1 The attacker is another nation
2 it's a terrorist attack without a clear area of origin (London bombing style)

The response depends also of the country being targeted, be it US or for example Finland (where i live)

For a country nuking US, the answer is simple, fast and total retaliation with either nukes or conventional weapons (depending on surrounding countries/area needed to destroy)

For a country like Finland without nukes or massive power projection capability it's a harder job (you can't bomb a country to hell with 63 F/A18s and few BAE Hawks) So the only option is to take the issue to UN or EU and ask for help in retaliation (or from russia if hell freezes over and it's not russia that nukes us)

If it's a terrorist organisation i'd suggest using all means nessesary (as alien said) to hunt them down. Spec-ops, police, intel orgs, of course closing down borders. Special emphasis should be on internation co-operation that should be easy to achieve after a nuclear attack. If some country refuses co-operation it should be forced to co-operate, either by sactions or by military action. And in this kind of a man hunt there's no need to be gentle, trials can be held postmortem...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well, I would hope my government would:
I. Set Nation to Code Red/ Follow Continuity Of Government Protocol.
Throughout the continental US, dispatch all existing bomb squads/radiological experts in their respective cities to areas similar to the target area struck for possible detection in their cities as well. Ground (non-military) flights, close ports, dispatch national guard to further secure reactors, power grids, evacuate landmarks, stadiums, malls, bridges, subways, high value targets, etc.
I. Dispatch FEMA & all aid humanly possible to the effected area, esp. lots of potassium iodide pills.
Gloves come off-
II. Trace all ips & their physical addresses that even remotely resemble chatter related to & leading up to the tragedy - dispatch swat teams to each identified chatter/ip location(domestically)
III. Sad, but would have to assume it's wahabbi related till proven otherwise, so quickly dispatch a few hundred trusted arabic linguists in our ranks to replace the entire "off-air" staff at Al-Jazeera, former AJ "off-air" staff quietly complying without incident-whether they like it or not.
IV. When AJ "off-air" staff is successfully replaced, offer a $1 Billion reward for any information/leading to the perpetrators of the horror. Trace all calls, e-mails, ips, claiming leads. GPS/track/pursue any possible couriers delivering media(video/dvd/notes) there.
V. Persue ALL leads, however remote - those claiming responsibility (along with their training camps/madrassahs)-airstrike to oblivion/bombathon, if a nation link is established or confirmed, clock starts to tick immediately, 6 hours to handover everyone responsible and/or unconditional surrender or face neutronic extermination-first and final warning!

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
If it was a goverment of another country who nuked my country, I would want my goverment to do the following: contact the oposition parties of the country in question and assist them financialy and logisticaly in overthrowing the people who ordered the attack, arrest them and put them on trial. It is highly likely that only a country with a dictator or a madman would actually nuke another country, so I wouldn't nuke back and punish the people who hate the dictator too.

If it was a rogue group, I guess the only proper response would be hunting that group.

I now have an interesting question:

What would you do if YOUR goverment nuked some other country?
Most think that nuking back is a proper response to nuclear attack.
So, if your goverment nuked someone first, would you be ok with that goverment nuking you, your family, your friends and your home to punish your goverment?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
So...what would I want my Govt to do if someone nuked us?? Providing theres much left of NZ, which I doubt there would be, I'd like them to write an 'open cheque' to our SAS to do anything and everything - torture, assassination, full covert deep ops - the works - to hunt every last one of those mofos down and slaughter them...as painfully as possible.

As NZ is one of the (in my opinion) most beautiful places on earth I hope to all the gods that it never sees war.

I however am right beside Washington DC.... since this is basically ground Zero I doubt I would exist to see any retaliation of a nuclear strike. Sadly I also believe that my current government could not be trusted to respond in a way that would be to my liking, considering our President can't even correctly pronounce "Nuclear"

What would I want? The world to see once again the destruction capable by these weapons and new view of their devastation. For the nations of the world to open their eyes and come together in a new understanding of the weapons they wield.

For it to be a catalyst of insight for the dismantling and total restriction of this type of weapon marking the beginning of a new age of man.

Now. What would likely happen?

Considering once again that Curious George and Dick in the big yellow hat are in charge there would be a full nuclear retaliation at the first hint of a country not turning over all terrorist cells in their locality spreading radiation into the jet streams poisoning many others resulting in further tensions, further threats, and further preemptive strikes resulting in the obliteration of mankind.

But hey... that would get rid of all the terrorists right?

Corporal Hicks- "I say we take off. Nuke the site from orbit..... it's the only way to be sure"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join