It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anyone ever seen an exact image of themsleves? (and mirrors don't count!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'd like to tell a couple stories, and I'll do my best to keep them brief.. When I was about 12 or 13, I was walking down a trail in a scout with another friend of mine. All of a sudden I'd say approximately 30 to 40 yards ahead of me I saw an exact likeness of myself jump from the trees, down onto the trail. "He" stood there and looked me straight in the eyes for probably about 5 whole seconds and then jumed into the trees on the other side of the trail. After the initial shock left me, I ran up ahead and there was nobody there. The camp is actually a tree farm and so the trees are all evenly spaced with no undergrowth, and only a few rows of trees down from where he jumped to is the edge of a lake, so nobody could have hidden.

Another similar event happened in which case another "me" was seen, but was witnessed by someone else. This happened again when I was 14. I rode my bicycle and parked it at my mom's frined's house, who lived within 2 b locks of the park where the town festival was going on at the time. I walked from there and hung out all day. My mom was working there selling raffle tickets for a woman's orgination that day, and at the end of the night I helped her pack up everything to take to her friends house... ( the presided of the club, and also where my bike was parked) We took her van the two blocks and took the stuff inside. when I walked in the woman looked at me and said.. "what are you doing back here again?" I asked what she meant and she said that I was out on her back porch a little while ago and that I told her I was there to get my bike. But whatever was there on her porck was not me, and I had my mother to vouch for this.

I heard a third story of someone else seeing them, but I'm not sure if I believe them, so I won't bother telling that one. (they like to B.S) Anyway... I wonder if anybody else has had any similar experiences and/or what this "person" might be. I don't know if I want to call it a "guardian angel" or anything because I don't feel I was being guarded from anything. It's really weird. so..anyway.. let me know your thoughs please.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I cant say that i have seen "Another me* but i sure can say that others have,

I have had many come up to me convinced they had seen me before,

Once i was working and a family came in and were like *Wow hello*
i lookewd at them rather oddly. they then said... do you not remember us, from the holiday camp? i then stated that i had never been to a holiday camp only when i was about 2 lol...

they looked at me and said that how odd this was, the girl they met looked identical to me, she talked the same way i did and they were shocked that i was not her,

Anyway a week later the family came back to my place of work with holiday snaps, and heck the shock when i seen pics of this girl who looked like me,?

It still puzzles me today and lol would love to have met her,

interesting stuff to say the least..........

sometimes wonder though if some people who experience this ie,,, the one where you meet them your self and then they seem to dissapear as in your first case, could possible be that you were ment to be a twin??

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I guess thats' always something worth noting. As far as I know though, I wasn't supposed to be a twin; though my mother DID has a miscarriaige between the times' my brother and I were born. Also, I too have had people come up to me and sware they've seen me before, but most of the times I pass it off because they weren't sources that know me well enough to be POSITIVE it was me. But I always tell them it's possible they saw my "stunt double" ( as I've come to refer to it as)

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Also Asara... I forgot to mention, that I too am a new member. any chance you'd like to pick up another young grasshopper such as myself? I can't u2u because apparantly you have to have 20 posts to do so first, in which case I'm not quite there, so I can't cantact you any other way right now that I'm aware of....

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have never experienced anything like you describe. I have seen myself a few times in Dreams and once in an OBE.

Both had an effect on how I see myself since they helped me to understand better how others see me. Interesting note to the OBE, the more skilled around me at the time mostly had negative reactions to seeing themselves for the first time 'A ugly piece of meat' was one description I will never forget. For me there was a fondness about seeing myself lying there on the couch, it was not in the least bit negative.

Strong positive self-image I guess.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/24/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
evilgenyus,

Is this YOUR story..I could swear I have heard it before..
maybe you called it in to a talk show?
It just sounds so familiar to me.
Was this somewhere on the Applachian trail?

asala,
I think I have the familiar face syndrome too..
Probably about a dozen times, in my life, people have come up to me..
"hey, how have you been?" or would just walk right up and shake my hand
and tell me how happy they were to se me again..
And then there was the stink, near my old hometown, for about a month.
People at stoplights would wave to me...roll down there windows, and say.
Hey VERNON (not my name)..What are you up to?

I finally met Vernon...at a stop light..He not only looked similar to me..
But we had the EXACT same CAR. Same model,color, year.
I motioned for him to pull over..And we talked, he mentioned that people were calling him by a different name too, my name..
Imagine peoples surprise when we became buds, and started hanging out in the same nightclubs..meeting the same people..parking right next to each other in the lot...LOL..

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Also Asara... I forgot to mention, that I too am a new member. any chance you'd like to pick up another young grasshopper such as myself? I can't u2u because apparantly you have to have 20 posts to do so first, in which case I'm not quite there, so I can't cantact you any other way right now that I'm aware of....

sure jump on my adobtee train lol, i think as im a mod you can u2u me,
ill give you a u2u and see,

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No Space.... I've never posted this story before. you must've missed me saying that I'm a new member. Anyway... this story takes place here in Ohio.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I read a story about a class room full of kids who saw their teacher outside in the playground but she was speaking to them in the class. I have to find it its somewhere on the internet. But there a stories of time travel and paraelle universes where people walk into the past and walk out again.

Then again if you believe in spirits of the Biblical kind then they could easyly appear as a copy of someone. Jesus said that we could also entertain angels as our guests so, you never know, some good ones and some bad.

Maybe you can think you look like someone from thinking about it, but in fact you may look more different than one thinks.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is a VERY interesting topic, I enjoyed reading this.

I need to know more information on your stories

AND

What about those kids in the classroom that saw their teacher outside while she was inside?

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Im in the UK and its 3am so Im logging off now Im going to edit this post with the right story tomorrow maybe, I will find it. I will find many links if people are interested.
forteantimes is pretty good read about their latest stories.

www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
what kind of additional information do you want Zeta?

and to Space.... I guess I do recall submitting the story to coast to coast AM about 2 months ago via e-mail, but if he told the story on air, then I wasn't listening at the time. so I guess it's possible you heard it there, if anywhere else.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
evilgenyus,

Thats exactly where I heard it.
Too bad you missed the reading of your e-mail.
I think it was more than two months ago, though.
So, was it on the Appalachian trail, where this occurred?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
No, it was at a scout camp in Ohio called Seven Ranges. The appalachian doesn't go through ohio...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
When I was twenty I was visting some relatives, and I was looking at their family portraits. I saw this guy who looked exactly like me. His grandparents thought that I was their grandson. It was pretty funny. A couple of years ago some friends of mine went to Chicago for the weekend. When they came back, the told me that they thought it was me, and they started talking to him.
The next story is actually pretty sad. One time I was at a bus stop, and this woman came up to me. She had this look of sheer happiness. She started talking to me like she knew me, and I was just completely lost. Well, it turns out that her son had run away from home, and she hadn't seen him in two years. I felt so bad for this lady. Til this day, I feel sad for her, and I hope she found her son.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Seeking Nirvana]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
evilgenyus: More details, as in when exactly this took place (the year) ... and who were you with? Your surroundings? What were you wearing? Was the 'you' that you saw wearing the exact same clothes that you were wearing at the time you saw it? Did he look exactly your age or was he a little bit older/younger?

Details like that.

Seeking Nirvana: Hey that sounds like a sad story. But why did the old lady talk to you? Did you ask her? did her son look like you at all? How old was he? Was he the same age as you? why did he run away? How old was the lady? Did she have any relation to you or your parents?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wow, evilgenyus.....I've seen evidence of my supposed 'double' , but nothing so breath taking as your experience!!

Several years ago, when I worked as an artist at a local ad agency, one of the salesmen came in with a newspaper and asked me if I had gotten another job.

When he handed me the paper, there on the front page was a photo of a group from a nearby private school, and there was a woman in the shot that looked verrry much like me, only a bit younger. And she was identified as the art teacher. ( I had gone to college to become a teacher, but had gotten side tracked after graduation. )

Later that same day, my Mother-in-law also called me to tell me about the photo. ( She didn't actually think it was me. LOL....at least she didn't openly accuse me of leading a double life! )

I keep waiting to actually run into this woman, ( at art shows, art supply stores, etc. since we have this in common......but so far I have not seen her in the flesh.)

[edit on 25-7-2005 by frayed1]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
might want to watch the documentary 'What the Bleep do we know?"

they mention that phenomen and how they've been able to duplicate it in the lab on a very very small scale.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of a doppleganger? Maybe thats what it was.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Im in the UK and its 3am so Im logging off now Im going to edit this post with the right story tomorrow maybe, I

imo you wont . why? sadly there is a 2 hour time limit to edit post

have yet to see any of my clones... maybe thats who has been stealing my socks...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join