It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

has anyone ever seen an exact image of themsleves? (and mirrors don't count!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta_101
evilgenyus: More details, as in when exactly this took place (the year) ... and who were you with? Your surroundings? What were you wearing? Was the 'you' that you saw wearing the exact same clothes that you were wearing at the time you saw it? Did he look exactly your age or was he a little bit older/younger?

Details like that.

I memory is not 100% on the year, but I was about 12 or 13, so that would've been 91 or 92. One other scout was with me. he was the same age as myself. We were walking side by side. Though I didn't mention in the first post that he didn't see what I saw,unfortunately it was only witnessed by myself ( so perhaps that's significant too). It was late spring or early fall, so it was a bit cool out. I was dressed in a blue flannel shirt, red jogging pants, and a L.A. Raiders hat. What I saw was 100% identical to how I looked at that immediate time! As I mentioned in my first post, the camp is also a tree farm and so I was walking down a trail between full grown pine trees which were spaced about 3 to 4 feet across in long, straight, even rows. The trail was nearly perfectly straight between two rows of these trees, and it was about 2/3 of the way down the bank of a hill which led down to a 40 acre lake, in which the trail ran parallel with.(I hope I'm making a clear picture here..) Also as I mentioned there was no undergrowth, only some small plants and stuff on the ground, nothing major in which to hide behind. I still go to this camp but I tend to avoid that trail for the most part because it simply gives me the creeps ( along with a couple other areas of the camp.) Anyway... I hope that answers all your questions.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Have you ever heard of a doppleganger? Maybe thats what it was.

Yes, I've heard the term before, but to be honest I know very little about the subject. So if you could explain this phenomenon to me some.. I would appreciate it.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by evilgenyus]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A doppleganger is a double, an identical replica of a person. The idea behind this is that everyone has a Doppleganger, an identical copy of themselves somewhere in the world. If the person is good, then the Doppleganger will be evil and vice versa. It is even said that if the two should meet, then they will both perish.

Although there is no evidence that Dopplegangers exist, some people have actually reported claims of witnessing what they believe to be their Doppleganger.

Doppleganger is a german word, but I'm not sure what it means. I couldn't find much about it on Google.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
well... I'm still here, so I guess that means it wasn't my Doppelgangar huh?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
hmm i remember a sudy done on this a while ago,

I will have a look around and see if i can dig it out,

Should be an interesting read,

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
might want to watch the documentary 'What the Bleep do we know?"

they mention that phenomen and how they've been able to duplicate it in the lab on a very very small scale.

I've heard of this documentary, and I've been wanting to see it. Do you know if it's on DVD? and where I might get a copy of it? I don't have a credit card, so buying it online is out of the question for me.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
When I was 13 I got on the bus one night to go home from school and this kid I hadn't met before came and set across from me, chatting away as if he knew me, telling me that I had left my bike at his house the night before.

I'd never seen him before in my life. After I convinced him I wasn't this girl, he swore he knew this girl that looked just like me.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I knew a guy back in high school that looked quite a bit like me, enough that people occasionally commented on it. He wasn't an exact double, though.

My dad has been approached several times by random people who thought he was someone else. He looks so much like his 'double' that in some of the cases, when he would tell them he wasn't who they thought he was, the people he encountered thought he was the 'double' being rude to them to get rid of them

One time he had this drunk guy talking to him, called my dad by name, and started apologizing profusely for something he had done to offend him. My dad, not knowing what the heck he was talking about, told him 'look, you've got the wrong guy, you don't need to apologize to me'. This just made the guy more and more hysterical, begging and pleading to be forgiven.

On the game show 'The Price Is Right', my grandma, who is an avid game show watcher, once saw a contestant who looked exactly like one of her sons. He won the first round and came up to Bob Barker, who then welcomed him, and announced his first&last name to the audience. It was exactly the same as my uncles! My grandma couldn't believe it! Then Barker said the guy was from Nome, Alaska, and my uncle lived in Calgary, Alberta, so it wasn't my uncle, just some dude who looked exactly like him.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That's pretty cool Dragon. If I were your Dad I think I would've accepted a bribe to be forgiven or something! And who knows... maybe that WAS your uncle on the price is right, and he lied about his hometown so he wouldn't have to share the winnings.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilgenyus
That's pretty cool Dragon. If I were your Dad I think I would've accepted a bribe to be forgiven or something! And who knows... maybe that WAS your uncle on the price is right, and he lied about his hometown so he wouldn't have to share the winnings.

Hehe, yeah, my dad should have, durnit... "Sure I'll forgive you, just, uh, give me your wallet, and we'll call it even."

As for my uncle, we'll never know now, since he passed away from cancer when I was in grade 6. I'm not sure if that was before or after my grandma saw that game show, but I'm pretty sure he was still alive when that happened. My uncle was one of those incredibly weird but freakishly smart people (his IQ was off the charts), so I could totally see him doing something like that

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Dennis Hopper is my double. Apparently we were separated at birth.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Seeking Nirvana: Hey that sounds like a sad story. But why did the old lady talk to you? Did you ask her? did her son look like you at all? How old was he? Was he the same age as you? why did he run away? How old was the lady? Did she have any relation to you or your parents?

My bad, I thought that I mentioned that she thought that I was her son. She told me that I looked exactly like her son. She also asked me for my age, and it turns out that we were the same age. I never asked her why he ran away. I've never seen her before, so I'm pretty sure she didn't have any relation to myself or my parents.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Seeking Nirvana]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When I was younger (early teens) I would sometimes be able to put my self in a type of trance by looking deeply in a mirror. Eventually I believed at the time I could see another person. Me but Me2.
Maybe in another dimension, I was huge sci-fi fan so not out of the realm of possibility at the time. It was weird. Eventually I could even see differences bewteen me and me2. For a time I "felt" like me2 was trying to communicate something very importent to me. I never did find out what it was. Have tried to do this recently and was unable to. I stared at my self but all I saw was my myself.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I read a story about a class room full of kids who saw their teacher outside in the playground but she was speaking to them in the class. I have to find it its somewhere on the internet.

Well.. I found an article which describes this exact story you mention, hopefully this URL works correctly, but if not, then I'm gonna' need someone's help on learning how to do this correctly! anyway....here is the link!

It's a very interesting article, but whatever I saw, if it was in fact my Doppelgangar, it didn't warn of any impending doom that I'm aware of! (unless something will happen to me at the camp some years down the road or something) but let's hope not!

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The link worked fine! And that is a most interesting tale.

I see they called it 'bilocation', as if a person had the ability to 'project' their own image, whether of their free will or while under some sort of stress.

evilgenyus, were you under some undue amount of stress, something a child of that age would have wanted to 'escape from' rather than deal with?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
To be honest it doesn't seem that I had much stress. I did have a brother around that time who was getting into a lot of trouble with the law and etc,. He's 4 years older than I am so it would've been around that timeframe that he'd have been sent to prison for the first time, so I guess that might be a possibility. Though I can't think of any other reasons for stress at that period of my life. Though being a young boy and going through puberty and all that around the time, could've also had something to do with it, because it's a theory that ghosts and the like feed off of the energy of young children, so that's another possibility as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It might have been triggered by your 'wish' to be somewhere else, maybe visiting your brother. Like the priest in one of the other stories on the 'About' site....he needed to be in two places at once.

Since it happened to you at least a couple of times, perhaps you have the ability to repeat this 'bilocation' occurance. You should try experimenting a bit. The priest in the story was said to 'bow his head and meditate' before appearing in another location......try that and concentrate on 'visiting' someone, and then check with them to find out if you were seen during that time......it could be a handy ability to perfect! lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The only thing I don't understand though, is that if it were my wish to be someplace else during the first incident, then I don't know why I would've seen myself there. I've never really tried to "project" my image elsewhere, so I suppose I could give it a try and practice, and if it works...then I'll never go back to work again ( just once every two weeks to collect my paycheck)
I've tried meditating in general for the purposes of astral projection, OBE and etc. but have had no real luck. if you are aware of any books, guides, or online hints for the purpose of trying the former, then I would love to check them out.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by evilgenyus]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I once saw a kid in an eastern civilizations text book that looked just like myself. Although I think thats just coincidence and a good looking hindu kid.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilgenyus

Originally posted by enrage
might want to watch the documentary 'What the Bleep do we know?"

they mention that phenomen and how they've been able to duplicate it in the lab on a very very small scale.

I've heard of this documentary, and I've been wanting to see it. Do you know if it's on DVD? and where I might get a copy of it? I don't have a credit card, so buying it online is out of the question for me.

yes its on dvd. I was able to rent it at blockbuster. call around to your local video stores and see if they have it to rent.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join