It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This was a very cool one. Criss levitated from one building roof over a small street/parking lot and landed on another building.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I highly question his show -- Do I believe he contains certain magic? Not at all...

As I read earlier in this thread, I support the notion that the street folk are in on it too, that or he's a master illusionist/magician.

I doubt his ability to levitate and read minds but he pulls off the confidence as if he ACTUALLY can do it very well.

I'd have to see it in person, I have mixed feelings.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Its all fake... thats right fake...

the people on the show with him are "in on it". Just as with David Blaine.
Trickery, using cameras and other "props".

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ohh.. what people do for the sake of entertainment... now where's my bling bling, I gotta go get on stage and pretend I'm a rap-artist that lived a troubled child hood in the projects and then spit out raps of negativity towards ladies and society.

LIVING LARGE!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i saw the second episode...

i loved that levitation from the first building to the second...

one question:

if the viewers are "in on it," what is in it for them???

money???

could angel really pay all those people (maybe even repetitively) in order for his secret to not be revealed???

all one would have to do is go on a website and say something like:

"listen, i saw criss angel's performance and guess what, it's all fake. he paid us all and we were supposed to act like it was all real"...

that's all that it would take, just one person...

i haven't seen that on any website, though...

have you???

now, i'm not saying its real, but before angel levitates, he always breathes heavily...

then, at the end, he is tired (as seen in last night's levitation)...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
if you were wonderin the levitation is a gimmick in his shoes but i cant ell what it is cus im in enough troble as it is

and the breathing is a performance making yoou believe like which is better your card tricks or david blaines? david because he makes you get into it and actually wonder how he did it
i will tell you go buy his dvd it tells you how he did it and how you can do it yourself

[edit on 1-6-2006 by ANONYMUS]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANONYMUS
if you were wonderin the levitation is a gimmick in his shoes but i cant ell what it is cus im in enough troble as it is

what do you mean???

anyway, this thread is for serious discussion...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
you dont get it do you????

its easy to make his levitation it is a special prop ijn his shoes

how about you go to criss angel dot com buy his dvd and find out for yourself
it is under magic and says self levitation next to it

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

i'll have to take a look at that...

if what you say is true, then why are so many people amazed about such things as the levitations???

it must be self evident that its fake if its on his own dvds, right

plus, that's not very good marketing...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I will admit he puts on one heck of a show. See this link for Criss Angel teaching others how to perform the levitation trick.

www.guzer.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This guy is insane.

But first, to the guy who said he could do the same thing...stop lying.
If you could, you'd be making money and be on national TV.

I agree that most of his stunts are illusions, but some of that stuff makes you wonder. I only caught the last part of the 2nd episode yesterday, though. I still have no idea how that lady disappeared. I was thinking trap door through the box and ground, but I still don't know.

Have y'all heard about his challenge to David Blaine? He said that he could reproduce any of Blaine's tricks, and that if Blaine could do something Criss couldn't match, he would retire on the spot. I wonder if Blaine heard about this one; he could become an icon if he put Angel out of business.

Angel also won this magician's award 3 times. I can see why; dude has some insane illusions.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I know what your talking about its been revealed in various Magic books, but it can only create the illusion of small levitation a few inches. It also only works from certian angles which is why David blaine and Criss angel do that trick with their back turned.

What Criss Angel did in his show the other night levitate from on building top to another could not have been down with the shoe device. I dont know how he did it but ockam's razor would lead me to believe the witnesses were in on it and some camera tricks were used.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
I still have no idea how that lady disappeared. I was thinking trap door through the box and ground, but I still don't know.

My guess would be misdirection a common tactic but very effective. The girl that disappeared would have to be in on the trick (That happens all the time in Magic). Then most likley the group of people used to set up the walls were her cover to walk right out in plane view.

The girl would quick change into a different outfit while under cover and then sneak out along the second layer of walls and then simply move away with the group of people that set it up. Notice how she had her hair tucked up in a hat, chances are that was to help quick change her appearance to have long hair and blend in with the other long haired women selected.

Thats how its often down on stage and its shocking how people miss things like that when their attention is directed somwhere eles. I would have been harder to do in a setting of a 360 degree crowd but not impossible.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by ANONYMUS

I know this is true but how does he do levitation in the middle of the sidewalk or next to a wall with people next to him on the visible sides oof the other levitation. And all he is doing is rising up and rising down. this could also be the method of how he went from one rooftop to another.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Have y'all heard about his challenge to David Blaine? He said that he could reproduce any of Blaine's tricks, and that if Blaine could do something Criss couldn't match, he would retire on the spot. I wonder if Blaine heard about this one; he could become an icon if he put Angel out of business.

Angel also won this magician's award 3 times. I can see why; dude has some insane illusions.

that's a great challenge

w0w, a battle of magicians / illusionists, what could be better

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I dont know how he did it but ockam's razor would lead me to believe the witnesses were in on it and some camera tricks were used.

very possible, but i still don't but it...

what would be in it for the witnesses...

literally five minutes of television time (and that is for the major stunts only)???

money (how could angel pay all those people and what would stop them from going on a website and spreading the secret)???

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Thats how its often down on stage and its shocking how people miss things like that when their attention is directed somwhere eles. I would have been harder to do in a setting of a 360 degree crowd but not impossible.

i don't know...

do you think that the various amount of people surrounding the area would have noticed???

i highly doubt that the girl would have blended in so easily, but that's just me...

there was, what, eight people moving the walls???

people would probably have noticed if there was an extra person...

i think i taped the show (which is a smart move for discussions in this thread) and i will take another look at it...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
David Blaine and Criss Angel use what I like to call TV magic. It is all about misdirection...

If anyone thinks these guys actually use real magic then so be it. Realistically how hard would it be to hire actors to act surprised when he does a special effect. My theory is that Criss actually just uses actors and so fourth. Especially since a lot of his magic is the same as blaines who has been exposed as a fake as well.

Oh well It is just entertainement after all.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
David Blaine and Criss Angel use what I like to call TV magic. It is all about misdirection...
If anyone thinks these guys actually use real magic then so be it.

That is a fine conclusion for those of you who have not been there in person for it. I have, and TV magic is no longer a possible explanation for me. In each of the three shows I went to, David Copperfield performed 'illusions' such as being cut in half, teletransportation of himself on a motorbike, and flying around with a woman in his arms, among many other 'tricks'. Holographs, hypnosis, smoke and mirrors, etc, are all likely tools used to fool people into believing they see something that didn't happen. In my view, none of those things can achieve what I have seen. I don't know how those guys fly, but I've seen it done in person... So, like you say, believe what you will.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
That is a fine conclusion for those of you who have not been there in person for it. I have, and TV magic is no longer a possible explanation for me. In each of the three shows I went to, David Copperfield performed 'illusions' such as being cut in half, teletransportation of himself on a motorbike, and flying around with a woman in his arms, among many other 'tricks'. Holographs, hypnosis, smoke and mirrors, etc, are all likely tools used to fool people into believing they see something that didn't happen. In my view, none of those things can achieve what I have seen. I don't know how those guys fly, but I've seen it done in person... So, like you say, believe what you will.

you are so lucky...

i wish i could have seen one of those guys in action...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i don't know...

do you think that the various amount of people surrounding the area would have noticed???

i highly doubt that the girl would have blended in so easily, but that's just me...

there was, what, eight people moving the walls???

people would probably have noticed if there was an extra person...

i think i taped the show (which is a smart move for discussions in this thread) and i will take another look at it...

Its often done like that in Magic shows with hundreds sometimes thousands of eyes all looking right at it and they still miss it. Most of the time they blend in with stage hands and often there is less then eight stage hands on stage at any given time when this happens.

When you watch the person go in wearing on thing and focus on were the Magican wants you to look its very easy to miss the person that is suppose to dissapear walk away when switched into a different outfit like that of a stage hand.

Alot of time the freaky costumes stage helpers wear in shows make this easier. Thats why I suspect something was up with the girl wearing here hair tucked up n a hat and wearing glasses. She could have drasticaly altered her appearance very quickly.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ShadowXIX...

i can see that happening on stage, but not on television (where one could tape the event and pause it and analyze it)...

that's just me though...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join