It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future ATS/PTS/BTS Voluntary Taxation System!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ok you might be asking yourself wha,huuh,whut did he say?

Allow me to explain

There is to be a new 3 board economy coming, that means more points for PTS and BTS, why? Because the ideas that the council takes in and wants to help get implemented will require funding if you will. And that funding is points.

There will be an option in the ATS store to fund which project you choose, example one of the things for BTS is going to be 2 million points or so.

You don't have to give up points, but if you'd like what you see and wish for it to be added we all gotta chip in. This way its not like an idea that is implemented is just by the sheer will of someone on the council it will actually take support from the community for it to happen.

I know some value their points greatly I know others don't so much, but now they actually have a good cause to go to.

SkepticOverlord should be stopping by to fill in any blanks!

*passes the BTS collection plate around*

I'd just like to state All my points are belong to BTS

ps: would love to hear questions, and comments, don't be shy

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea Lysergic...you can count all my points in for BTS too (not a HUGE amount, but could be helpful).

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Also I believe there will be minor tweaks to the ATS point system as well, so changes all around and new economy for all 3 boards, and stuff to actually spend points on other than just personal features but things that will affect the entire board!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If this is the sort of thinking arising from the council system, I bet ATS Admin. wish they had thought of the council a lot sooner.

This is wonderful!

People will be thrilled.

(Especially those with a lot of points and nothing to do with them)

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I wish we could take credit for this taxation but I believe it all belongs to SkepticOvlord himself. I just harped for more points for BTS
Cause we needs them to fund the projects the BTS council staff has cooking!

external image

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
CooL Idea...

I'll throw some points in....

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thank you Skeptic, Lysergic, and everyone else who's involved with this!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Wait, why do I have to give up my precious earned points to tax? I mean its not like points have any real value. Cant you councilers do whatever you want. Thats what your here for. I mean I might want one of these projects but I dont see the point o giving points for it. Cant we just vote for it. I dont see the differnece.

IT MAKES NO SENCE!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes, Lysergic has been working hard to establish some new ideas for BTS. But the problem is that active BTS members don't get many points for their contributions.

His first idea, better points for BTS, has quickly expanded into a way to give parity to the point earning potential of all forums in all boards. So we need to modify, and normalize the "economy" across the three boards first.

Then, we can create new BTS projects, and accept voluntary "taxes" in the form of ATS points. The purpose is to ensure that new ideas have the backing of enough members to warrent development. And this system makes the most sense.

This first "municipal improvement" for ATS, as a result of council discussion, will cost 2 milion ATS points. When finished, the following will happen:
1- nearly equal points are earned in all board forums (some forums more than others)
2- your BTS/PTS posts will be tallyed, and new point accounts created for each member based on your past activity in those boards
3- When using the ATS store on BTS, your BTS points will be used; on PTS, your PTS points will be used, etc.

Within 2-3 days, we'll have a new section of the ATS store for contributing these voluntary taxes... then we'll see if this project can get off the ground.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sounds wonderful, hopefully we'll be able to reach this goal in "no-time".

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Forgive me here, but I am a tad confused.

So basically we are voting for new features with our points? Kind of like a pledge drive of sorts? And the points can be pledged in any of the 3 main areas?

Sounds like a good plan however and would allow more member involvement.

Edit: Nobody could fund the project outright as posted below. I do not have that many points
[edit on 7/18/05 by FredT]

[edit on 7/18/05 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Then, we can create new BTS projects, and accept voluntary "taxes" in the form of ATS points. The purpose is to ensure that new ideas have the backing of enough members to warrent development. And this system makes the most sense.

But what if someone with alot of points to spare, lets say FredT, wants one project alot. So he gives like 2 million of his points to the cause. But nobody else gives anything. This would make it seem like alot of people back the idea but in fact only FredT does. This makes about as much sense as the 2001 elections. None.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

by SkepticOverlord

This first "municipal improvement" for ATS, as a result of council discussion, will cost 2 milion ATS points.

The 2 million point cost seems very high to me. How long will it take to get them points? Over a year?

Maybe the supermods and admin will make large donations

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Really if you think about it, it won't take that long to complete. If enough members on here want it, then they'll donate as many points as needed.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This first "municipal improvement" for ATS, as a result of council discussion, will cost 2 milion ATS points. When finished, the following will happen:
1- nearly equal points are earned in all board forums (some forums more than others)
2- your BTS/PTS posts will be tallyed, and new point accounts created for each member based on your past activity in those boards
3- When using the ATS store on BTS, your BTS points will be used; on PTS, your PTS points will be used, etc.

Basically, what you're saying is that, after the first 2 Mil of voluntary ATS points donations get the project initiated, us mere members will then be earning 3 incomes (due to the 3 boards) & can then have a "store" that sells board features according to which of the 3 incomes has points accumulated for each particular board?

If that's the case, I'll support this. I trust the Council to enforce this tax as strictly "voluntary" more than I trust the government to enforce the "voluntary" status of the taxes that they've imposed.

After all, as an economy goes, the "citizens" (members) produce "goods" (in this case, quality posts in the forums) & of the work is good enough, get "paid" (with points). The "voluntary tax" (initial donations to initiate the project) pays for the citizens use theri income to make purchases in the Store.

My main question would be...Why 3 incomes for the 3 boards? Wouldn't it be easier to tally the 3 differet sources of points into a single "pool" for each member, then allow the member to spend their points at any of the 3 boards they choose?

If the point-earning system would be "leveled" across the 3 boards, then why not just allow citizens the choice to decide which of the 3 boards where they wish to spend their points? It's sort of like giving members the choice as to which store they choose to make purchases...Even though, in effect, all 3 boards have the same "store", the place of purchase is what determines where the purchase is applied.
In effect, someone who has earned a lot of points in ATS, for example, could turn around & spend some points on their BTS board...

Just a suggestion...

My only other question would be: How, where & when would we be given the opportunity to donate towards the inital "project cost"?

[edit on 18-7-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's a great idea, not only can you actually put the points to work, it also let's the Admins know what you want. Win/win, imo.

2,000,000 is not a lot, for a collective group.

Here's one I'd give all of my points to- zero points for polarity threads. Bush/Clinton, (right/left) sucks threads. And I can give 5% of ther 2 mil alone.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Voluntary taxes for municipal projects can come from any or all of your point accounts from ATS, BTS, or PTS.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
2,000,000 is not a lot, for a collective group.

Especially when you consider that ATS (As a whole) can count a large number of "high-quality workers" amongst the "employee" roster that spans pretty much the whole globe.

Originally posted by intrepid
Here's one I'd give all of my points to- zero points for polarity threads. Bush/Clinton, (right/left) sucks threads. And I can give 5% of ther 2 mil alone.

Hey now...Let's not try to encourage the "politicians" of the Council to begin political jockeying for the "pork barrel projects" in the future...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea, except for the fact readers have to scan past hundreds of one liner posts to get to relevant info as it is... just wondering if this will make the oneliners increase to pad their "Points" even more than now.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Sounds like a great idea, except for the fact readers have to scan past hundreds of one liner posts to get to relevant info as it is... just wondering if this will make the oneliners increase to pad their "Points" even more than now.

Thats what the mods are for imo, smacketh the one liners and say 'ey gimmeh yo points!

line two, woot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join