It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning to use "Mental Abilities"....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You hit on a good subject. From what I understand we only use a small fraction of our brains. Now if you were able to use the portion they (scientific community) say we can't use, then would we all be walking around like little S. Hawking's? That part of the brain is the least studied and the most misunderstood. I would say in all confidence that I feel some have the ability to tap into this area and I feel it is also possible that there may be a genetic component to it also.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
try clearing your mind of absolutely everything and then focusing it back onto itself in to the point in space time where your every thought that you have ever had would contract to. mind does matter!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Genetics plays a part in how easily one can learn to tap abilities, but they are possible to everyone. Just as your basic starting personality as defined by the profile side of Astrology determines how interested you might be in the ideas.

But I have never known anyone who, if they are willing to do the work required could not develop any of the Psi abilities. It just takes some longer than others. The most significant stumbling block is always the level of personal problems and flaws they have to overcome. That is actually the hard part, growing up. If you can do that, Psi is actually rather easy to learn.

The idea that Genetics is the determining factor is really tied to older thinking when we considered Psi to be a 'gift' of the 'gods'.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Rational thinking is the only thing that should be done. Nothing should just be done and the person should always know exactly why they are doing this.

Gut feelings lead to confusion and questions.

The human brain may be a strange lump of cells, but it is still just that and keeping that in mind, how can one rationally suggest that it can project fields or communicate across space in some exotic fashion?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Radieur,

I would really rather not turn every Thread into a debate on the whole concept of Paranormal or Psi experiences. You have the right to your opinion of course but it is getting a little redundant. But one more time I will respond to your comments.

Rational thinking is the only thing that should be done

Rational thinking is vital, but only half the story. To be fully human you must also embrace your Emotional side as well. Intution, despite it's 'fuzzy' nature it is every bit as powerful an Intellect. From it flows all Art and much of the Wisdom of mankind.

Intuition is the 'knowing without knowing' and while it makes little Rational sense it does work, and for me that is the only valid test.

Gut feelings lead to confusion and questions.

Indeed, and what is so wrong about those? Questions are the first step on the path to Wisdom, to learn anything first you must ask a Question.

Confusion, ok not as good, but still valid. We should never become so cautious that we are afraid to get a little confused. Again, this is a necessary step on the path to knowledge. This reminds me of a quote from Frank Herbert:

"To claim absolute knowledge is to become monsterous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty."

The human brain may be a strange lump of cells, but it is still just that and keeping that in mind, how can one rationally suggest that it can project fields or communicate across space in some exotic fashion

The brain is physical, but it is also more. Right now we are sitting in a Forum full of people who know this from direct personal experience. You can only maintain your stance because you choose to believe that all of us, every single one, is either deluded, lying, or plain mistaken.

You claim that we believe these things so that we can feel special but what are you doing. You, Raideur, know all the answers, what did you say last night 'I can explain everything, except the Brain which nobody understands'. What is that except setting yourself up as special, the only 'rational' one of the bunch?

But you should keep looking, eventually something will happen, someone will come along that you, despite yourself, will believe. And then like the rest of us you will begin what will be a neverending quest to understand the most important question of all 'Why'.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Alexander
Amazing posts

I'd like the ability to move things with my mind but one thing i would absolutly NEVER want to learn, is the ability to hear what people are thinking, sure it would be able to win dates or see what people think but THAT is an intrusion of their privacy and thats just morally wrong. Helping them decide to do somthign in your favor on the other hand is alright in my book as long as the person doesnt intrude on their thoughts.

And what is in the parts of the brain we dont use? I wonder if anyone has tried breaking those walls with like..looking into a mirror with mind control or something and mentally breaking thsoe walls and find out what is in those unused parts.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i have a story about these mental abilitys about 5 days ago i was on the toilet and i was starring at this brush and everything around it just went away and after awhile the brush moved a couple inches what im wondering if this was if this is telikaneises or not?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisdumb

Hey man it doesnt work ive tried it plz help me ive tried hard man what u said but it doesnt work it doesnt work ive tried it u have made me go mad insane plz help

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join