It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning to use "Mental Abilities"....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Guys and Girls,

I would like advice on developing mental abilities. This is something I am becoming increasingly interested in due to some personal expiriences. I am interested in all aspects, especially Telepathy, Telekenisis, Mind Control and AP'ing.

I have to admit I am somewhat influenced by the Star Wars Jedi, as I believe there lies some basis in truth (with the "Force" etc). I understand that Mr Lucas based his ideas on pre-existing Eastern practices.

Please don't take me as a crank, I am serious about doing this, but I am a newbie when it comes to this subject. I am usually found in the Weaponry, Scientific, UFO and Political forums, so I am completely a fish out of water when it comes to this.

Any help would be appreciated, as i have tried looking about but do not know where to start.

Thanks again.

Stu

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well first of all you gotta learn to clear your mind of basically every thought and take all of the doubt out of you. Getting all the doubt out of you is kind of hard because all your life the word impossible came up. Put it in your mind that nothing is impossible. People are limited to their body and dont use their mind power unless in very scary or bad situations. You have to realize that your brain only controls 5 senses phisically but there is alot more than sight sound taste.....You can reach out mentally and move things....you can change outcomes....You can even see some of the future.
You could if you had enough faith move a mountain with a thought. It does take practice and how ever many years youve been on earth - its all been doubts. You gotta have faith.
Dont do evil bad things to people because karma is real.7 times what you did.....not worth it.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Buy some books on meditation and try to clean up your body, like not smoking, drinking, drugging, etc. Be healthy. Do your best to remember your dreams, and seriously... meditate. You can learn a lot about yourself by doing that. Let yourself think, quietly and often. Know you have all the answers within you. It's not just Jedi nonsense. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My last post here has some steps to help with part of this development.

I personally believe telekinesis is something genetic, definately not something everyone of us is born capable of developing.

Mind Control of others has some very specific steps, having very little to do with mental abilities.
Hypnotic suggestion and intimidation, emotional blackmail, etc can be steps to mind control
the weak. I think you should just skip this one, as its really kind of selfish to try to force
your will and desires on the weak minds of others.

this is not he ability you are looking for ---waves hand

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What is the purpose of learning to use your mental abilities? Are you planning on trying to use mind control on someone? These are two seperate things. I agree with the others that meditation is your first step and also learning to develop senses beyond the ones that most of us know. There are also books you can read on creative visualization that may help you. Eliminating fear and doubt from your mind and learning to focus is also going to help. Your thoughts are more powerful then you know and can help us to manifest our own reality. Good luck and I sure hope you arent wanting to learn this for selfish reasons.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hi Stumason
There are some neat things out there.
Google up TRV or PSI or Major Ed Dames,
or Watch the movie Suspect Zero.
This is something you have to train for.
Then their's the Paul Hogan thing with the animals.
I've tried it a little.
How about Biofeedback? This works great.
I actually thought a wort off my thumb.
(only after having it burnt off and coming back twice the size.)
Try this for size, if your in a crowd and see a guy with a bald head,
pick a spot on his head and think really hard about it itching,
and see how long it takes him to scatch. It's fun.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It is not uncommon for people to come to me with those very questions. More than one of my students started down the path because they wanted 'power'.

What you will find is before you can learn to access any of your abilities you have to prove to yourself that you are worthy of them. I see this as a form of natural protection, not only for the student, but for the rest of us.

So I will tell you the same thing I tell my students, the place to start is dealing with the things that are less that perfect in your own nature. There are many paths to enlightenment, but they all take effort and time.

There are no safe paths to 'power' that do not lead through Enlightenment. My advice to you would be to survey all the different belief systems out there. Find one that speaks to you and dig in a bit. Take stock of yourself, where are you weak, where do you let childish emotions rule you, where do you do things that later you reget? Find those things, and find ways to deal with them, to grow as a person.

With every new skill, comes more responsibility. Are you ready to be responsible for every single thing you think and do? Are you ready to give up anger as a means of getting what you want? Do you concern yourself with others to the exact same degree you do yourself?

Funny thing, and you might not like to hear this. But the very path you have to walk to learn these abilities sometimes leads you to a place where you realize all the reasons you had in the beginning are no longer a part of you. I have had more than a few students give up their quest for new abilities once they get to a point where they can live free of all the fears, doubts, and self-serving rationalizations.

Anyone can learn, but you have to work for it, and the work is some of the hardest you will ever attempt.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It won't happen over night... Yet more times than none, when you do eventually achieve certain Mental Insights and Powerful Abilities, it will happen at night.

About 3 years ago I was highly spiritual and constantly seeking all sorts of different way to improve my Mental Abilities. I too was intriqued by the way Star Wars portrays a Jedi. ...And I too actually wanted to literally become a Jedi. As far fetched as the concept of The 'Force' may be, it simply isn't. There is a force that binds us all. Call it spiritual based on the universe or call it scientific based on theories and principles. Either way, there is a Force and it is exactly like the movie Star Wars, but in an infinitely more profound and powerful manner.

Our Mental Abilities here on Earth are in turn given to us through genetics, but more or less likely through the experiences we go through in life. Karma, luck, misfortune, prayers, selfishness, selflessness, etc. all determines the type of Mental Abilities, if at all, we will inconceivably achieve. This is not based on fact or fiction, this is merely based on certain insight that the universe instinctively beholds. For all I know, which may or may not be the case, our souls are the universe and the universe is our souls. Henceforth All is One and One is All, even our souls.

Back to myself... There was a time in my life that I was at a higher state of awareness in terms of Mental Abilities that I was coming closer to leaping over all sorts of spiritual/soulful\universal obstacles standing in my way. I thought I was finally there, that I would soon be able to move objects with mere thought or I would be able to control ones mind. This abilities came to me out of much suffering and pain. I kept telling myself I wasn't using these abilities for selfish gains, instead I clearly convinced myself that I was using them for selfless acts of enlightenment.

It young with my dreams, then into me being able to predict (affect the outcome) of the future, and atlast being able to control the movement of objects (big or small). Much, much more came out of my Mental Abilities, but nothing to extravagent to make it seem like I had the actual abilities of a real life Jedi. If only... Soon after I developed these abilities, the power I obtained took over me in such a selfish way. I wanted MORE! Almost exactly like Anakin Skywalker right before he turned into Darth Vader. Yet this was no movie. It was real life and I am fortunate enough to say I got out of my selfish state of mind before it was too late. How I got out, well thats a whole other story. To be brief, I literally got sick, both physically and spiritually. My soul was suffering dearly and if it wasn't for me becoming ill in more ways than just the mere physical, I probably would have becoming an evil, selfish, thoughtless bastard.

Now... I am not as power in terms of my Mental Abilities. I have been on the low down for quite some time. Just recently in the last couple of months or so I've been compelled in a strong way to again regain my Mental Abilities. But this time I won't make the same mistakes by letting the selfishness take over me. If there is any advice I can give you, it is to make sure once you do supposedly achieve an understand and obtain the know-how of your very own Mental Abilities do not become over powered by self wants and desires. Help as many people out as possible. Donate your time and efforts to helping the less fortunate. These Mental Abilities aren't for you, they aren't even for people, they are for the world and the universe in order for there to be an everlasting (heart-whelming) existence of Never Ending Peace.

~ Eric ~

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I believe Lucas was inspired by Taoism when he was creating the Star Wars philosophy. One of my favorite quotes of all time is when Yoda is talking to Luke:

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.
Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force
around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship."

I prefer to believe that the "Force" is God and that it is our responsibility to allow the Force to work through us.
In the Bible, Genesis Chapter 3, Satan actually convinces Eve to eat the fruit by telling her that she can be God-like:

"4 And the serpent said to the woman, Ye will not certainly die; 5 but God knows that in the day ye eat of it, your eyes will be opened, and ye will be as God, knowing good and evil. "

I believe that the world is going through a spiritual awakening in which many people, like yourself, are realizing that God and the Power of God, or the Force, can be found within us. This is also stated in the Bible, Luke Chapter 17:

"20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. "

But many people are going to make the same mistake that 2Super7E123 made and they are going to start taking credit for God's Power. Many people will set themselves up as Gods and that will be their demise. They will use God's Power within them for their own selfish desires. As it is written in Matthew 24:24:

"24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. "

In fact, Belshazzar in the Bible took credit for what God was doing in his life and, as a result, God took his life away from him. You can find this in the infamous story of the writing on the wall in Daniel Chapter 5:

The Bible also states that we are capable of moving mountains if we have the faith of mustard seed, Matthew 17:20:

"15 "Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and he suffers terribly; for often he falls into the fire, and often into the water. 16 And I brought him to your disciples, and they could not heal him." 17 And Jesus answered, "O faithless and perverse generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to me." 18 And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured instantly. 19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" 20 He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you."

Never take credit for God's power. Give glory to God for what he does in your life and "nothing will be impossible to you" because God, or the Force, can be found within you.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
what i always wondered was....as we only use a small percentage of our brain i thought that if there was someway in which you could unlock your mind completely that you could do stuff like telepathy,ect

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Guys and Girls,

I would like advice on developing mental abilities. This is something I am becoming increasingly interested in due to some personal expiriences. I am interested in all aspects, especially Telepathy, Telekenisis, Mind Control and AP'ing.

I have to admit I am somewhat influenced by the Star Wars Jedi, as I believe there lies some basis in truth (with the "Force" etc). I understand that Mr Lucas based his ideas on pre-existing Eastern practices.

Please don't take me as a crank, I am serious about doing this, but I am a newbie when it comes to this subject. I am usually found in the Weaponry, Scientific, UFO and Political forums, so I am completely a fish out of water when it comes to this.

Any help would be appreciated, as i have tried looking about but do not know where to start.

Thanks again.

Stu

I would suggest this site, it goes from the basics to the advanced stuff. home.xtra.co.nz...

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Mind control/manipulation of others?

Why do you want these abilities? What need do you have to manipulate others?

Spiritual awareness is something you can only uncover on your own, it's not like you can just say "Ok, by the end of the year I'd like to be able to do A, B and C"

Are your goals outcome based? Purpose-based? Or content based?

Cliched as it sounds, it's the journey that matters, not the final result.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I actually got some results w/ trying telekinesis....

Create what is known as a "psiwheel"...okay basically all u need is like an inch square of paper and a pin...and thats about it.

You stick a pin on some object, i do on a plate...so now the pin is sticking up vertically, after that you take that paper and balance it on the pin (you can bend the paper until you get a center, like a windmill without cutting it, like a four sided pyrimid) and wham now you just have to make the wheel move

what not to do:
1) Breathe directly on the wheel....
2) Quickly bring your hands towards the wheel..
3) Move your hands up and down horizontally
4) Flick you wrist or your fingers... vertically..

because all of these will create wind currents...and yea well thats why..but, even still i found it it doesnt really spind the wheel, it would cause more of a wobble then a spin...i tried several methods, until i was confident with acutally results

what i would do is wear a protective mask (my mom's a nurse), and put my hands in a vertical position and slowly without flicking my wrist or finger, move my hands towards the wheel, and stop, then i would slowly put my finger in a comfortable position, and try to make the wheel move, mentally just tell yourself the wheel would move, but you have to believe...

i know it works, cuz
a) I wore a mask
b) I found out all of the things that would cause wind currents
c) I made sure the no windows were open, the air conditioner wasnt on, and that their were no wind current what so ever.
d) I actually made the wheel turn numerous time, constantly...(in a row)
e) I sometime was able to make the wheel spin in reverse.
f) My dad saw me do it, though he made fun of me, and wondered how i did it.

so yea...this is why im a believer of telekinesis...oh yea you have to try several hand(s) , fingers positioning before it might spin. I found out that what might work for me might not work for you...like I have use my middle fingers and my thumb to control the wheel, while other might use their whole palm or whatever.

[edit on 5-7-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
*throws hands into the air*

Everyone really wants to develop some type of special ability, dont they?
I find it curiously appealing to us, even if doesnt have to make sense.

If you are able to develop something detectable, by all means tell us.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You know Raideur a little study of psychology might be helpful to you. I actually like you because I understand you but at the same time even if I could provide the sort of proof you want I would not.

Why? Because of the way you present yourself. Things like *throws hands up in the air* are not going to win any friends or convince anyone to help you find what you seek. I fear what you would do with the information.

These are deeply personal matters we are discussing, and without trust no one is going to be willing to put themselves under the microscope for you.

I would imagine you have made quite a few people's Ignore list, and if they will not talk to you how can you learn anything?

A.T
(-)

[edit on 7/5/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I love Raideur, he's the craziest zaniest sound mind around here.
He's built a nice wall around himself, but you can see he is still curious.
Its good for somoene to pose dounbt and contempt in these kinds of topics,
all the head bobbing eager "yes" people only make this look more like
a special case ward of Arkham Asylum. Speaking of which, yeah Raideur, do study psychology, understanding people's psyche's is fun and entertaining, up to the point that you notice
madness all around you, its almost like wearing a microscope over your eyes 24/7 and
seeing the dirty little microbes everywhere.

A comment on the psiwheel. Heat currents will make a wheel like that move, there are lanterns made with that effect, as well as funky disco lights that spin based on the heat of the bulb, and science experiments for school children that do the same thing.

Still it would be a fun experiment to try, sure beats ouija boards for fun at parties.

Now if you could fold the paper without touching it, I'd say ok, there might be something there.
Mental origami would be fascinating proof.
But spinning could very well be a matter of heat current, subtle, undetectable without senstitive equipment (like even a digital thermometer or two), but heat current none the less.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Contempt adds nothing to any discussion. Disagree if you wish, but do it with respect.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Work on your awareness and perceptions - not the 'basic 5' - ALL of them. Try to use your gut not your rational thinking.
Be still, listen, watch, observe, ask then listen for answers.
Do some energy work or have someone qualified to work on you - open and clean/unblock your chakras so you are more sensative to the energy around you.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm not an expert at the sort, as every attempt made by me failed.

For things like PK, try a psiwheel.
For things like AP, you have to be able to stay concious while physically asleep.

For more information, there actually is a site based on "psi" abilities.

Psipog.com

Mainly a site concisting of 'spoonbenders', but lots of helpfull tips

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join