It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conclusive proof John Titor is a fraud

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
C'mon, guys. He rips off a science fiction novel.

He's just some kid (like the goomba who tried to pretend to be that CIA agent from that... violent car game (okay, brain failed but I saw it over in Aliens and everyone caught him pretending to be CIA and laughed at him).)

And his reason for coming back is to get some old computer hardware and software? And every copy of Unix everywhere stopped working?? Hello??? Reality check???

If they had the equipment to get back here, they'd have a LOT better equipment than an old 1980's computer.

He was some goombah who was playing up the Y2K hysteria to make Yet Another DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMsday.

C'mon, guys. Don't fall for it every time some moron goes "OOO!!!! NEW DOOMSDAY!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!! GET YOUR ACCURATE 1000% PROPHECIES HERE!!!"

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just a heads up - you see there is no conclusive proof either way? There is a healthy debate underway here and so doesn't this illustrate my original point clearly?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
Just a heads up - you see there is no conclusive proof either way? There is a healthy debate underway here and so doesn't this illustrate my original point clearly?

I havn't been into this Titor thing, so this statement is based on an inquiry.

What I have always found out of place with these "time travelors" I've read about in my years is that they somehow never have anything credible to assist belief that they really are from the future. The box this guy uses for his travel platform I dismiss as it is eerily simlar to cammo boxes used in the US military circa '85 (his schematics: phft, get me stoned and I'll draw to perfection a set of schematics, tell you it was the worlds most powerful nuke, and it look real). There is always this reason or that reason that their claims can not be proven other than answering questions (of which, when dealing the future, one could answer any damn thing, who would know any difference?)

Does this guy have anything credible? Is all forms of ID non-existent in his day? What bit I read of this one is that he could only do this once? If that's so, why have his cammo box I mean travel unit mounted in different vehicles? If he can more than once, I guess its what, against some law of time travel that he can have no passengers?

You have to admit, people claiming to be of such like Titor always have excuses that would kill any form of final true or false decision. Hell for all I knowe it's a time-travelers motto "keep them guessing". (hey, con-artists do that to! ouch, heh)

Again, my statements are of inquiry from you here, as you can imagine the garbage I could run into trying to learn quickly about him.

Misfit

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Peoples,

I'm only going to defend Titor with one thing that I recall - he said something about the future and Iraq and that WMD's would never be found there...

Kind of sppokey heh?

I came into this thread about electromagnetism and gravity etc - this is what my speciality is
Whether he's real or not, who knows...all I know is that he was pretty damn accurate on Iraq and the WMD's.

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
Peoples,

I'm only going to defend Titor with one thing that I recall - he said something about the future and Iraq and that WMD's would never be found there...

Kind of sppokey heh?

Hell, the instant Bush said WMD in Iraq there were 37trillion people saying "ya right, there are none, and if there are they won't be found because Bushco does not KNOW". That sentiment was proven almost immediatly, as if the states DID know IRAQ had them, they would have been went to.

I wonder what year I am from?

NOTE: This is NOT a hijack to politics, just replying to that Titor/WMD theory, using the fact that millions of Americans and others siad it was a false claim, ergo, millions of predictions came true.

Misfit

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Excerpt ~ The Henoch Prophecies
Yet the misery on Earth will continue, as two terrible civil wars will break out in America, whereby one will follow the other. Afterwards, the United States of America will break apart and deadly hostility will prevail among her, which then leads to the division into five different territories; and it cannot be prevented that sectarian fanatics will play a dictatorial role. ~ emphasis added

Eduard 'Billy' Meier's Henoch 'Prophecies' also have a great deal to say about BSE and Ebola, 911, and other remarkably accurate 'prophetic' information provided by his 'Plejaran' or 'Plieadian' contacts.

Could this be Titor's source?

Titor has stated in his postings that disclosure of the ET existence has not occured in his 'worldline'.

An omission to preserve his perceived credibility ?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Hell, the instant Bush said WMD in Iraq there were 37trillion people saying "ya right, there are none, and if there are they won't be found because Bushco does not KNOW". That sentiment was proven almost immediatly, as if the states DID know IRAQ had them, they would have been went to.

I wonder what year I am from?

NOTE: This is NOT a hijack to politics, just replying to that Titor/WMD theory, using the fact that millions of Americans and others siad it was a false claim, ergo, millions of predictions came true.

Misfit

John Titor was only around between 2000-2001 before 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq and the search for the "WMD's".

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Misfit:

I recommend you actually read the Titor archives before you make any more silly statements

As already mentioned, Titor was here around 2000 - way before the Iraq war and way before there were any accusations that Iraq has any WMD's.

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Peoples,

No he didn't. Not in the first rounds of his "prophecies" he didn't. In fact, he completely failed to mention 9/11, Iraq, or Iran. He was going on and on about the GloomyDoomyWorld of 2026 and the aftermath of the Incredible Science-Fictional War (while making a number of incredibly stupid mistakes, like posting pictures of military equipment from the 1950's and trying to pass it off as "time travel machinery."

He's a dippy college freshman/sophomore. We even tracked his connection down to the house where he was living at the time.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good site posted in the big JT thread for good proof (as if you needed it) that it's a hoax:
www.livejournal.com...

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by warthog911
If there is no civil war in U.S this year,no WW3 in 2015 then titor is fake.

That would be an absolutely errant statement - and to make it would prove you haven't studied the issue.

What's wrong with the statement?

Titor said there'll be a Civil war in 2005 (starting in 2004).
Titor said there'll be a World War in 2015.
He said these as facts, not maybes.
So if he's wrong....why would you still hold out hope he isn't a fake?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

He's a dippy college freshman/sophomore. We even tracked his connection down to the house where he was living at the time.

Link me

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
"And his reason for coming back is to get some old computer hardware and software? And every copy of Unix everywhere stopped working?? Hello??? Reality check???"

wow... all i can say is please read the archives carefully before stating something like that. the whole story of john titor was built around this bug which will happen in 32 years, 6 months, and 28 days. i just did a quick google search and found this. -

--------------------------------------------------------------------
source:The Year 2038 Problem

"On January 19, 2038, that is precisely what's going to happen.

For the uninitiated, time_t is a data type used by C and C++ programs to represent dates and times internally. (You Windows programmers out there might also recognize it as the basis for the CTime and CTimeSpan classes in MFC.) time_t is actually just an integer, a whole number, that counts the number of seconds since January 1, 1970 at 12:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time. A time_t value of 0 would be 12:00:00 AM (exactly midnight) 1-Jan-1970, a time_t value of 1 would be 12:00:01 AM (one second after midnight) 1-Jan-1970, etc.. Since one year lasts for a little over 31 000 000 seconds, the time_t representation of January 1, 1971 is about 31 000 000, the time_t representation for January 1, 1972 is about 62 000 000, et cetera.

By the year 2038, the time_t representation for the current time will be over 2 140 000 000. And that's the problem. A modern 32-bit computer stores a "signed integer" data type, such as time_t, in 32 bits. The first of these bits is used for the positive/negative sign of the integer, while the remaining 31 bits are used to store the number itself. The highest number these 31 data bits can store works out to exactly 2 147 483 647. A time_t value of this exact number, 2 147 483 647, represents January 19, 2038, at 7 seconds past 3:14 AM Greenwich Mean Time. So, at 3:14:07 AM GMT on that fateful day, every time_t used in a 32-bit C or C++ program will reach its upper limit.

One second later, on 19-January-2038 at 3:14:08 AM GMT, disaster strikes."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
"If they had the equipment to get back here, they'd have a LOT better equipment than an old 1980's computer."

The "old 1980's computer" was infact an IBM 5100 released in 1975. The computer "supposedly" had special abilities which were never disclosed. I asked one of my computer science professors about these "special abilities" because he did some work with IBM back in the day. He said was not familiar with the "special abilities" but it's very possible.

If you do a little research on the "special abilities" of the IBM 5100 computer, you would find this...

--------------------------------------------
source:Rochester Magazine

"According to Bob Dubke, the second engineer on IBM's 5100 team in Rochester (who now co-owns a locally-based company called eXport Ventures Corp. and also works for Edina Realty), that secret function was his contribution to the design of the computer. The function, which IBM suppressed because of worries about how their competition might use it, was an interface between the assembly code surrounding the computer's ROM exterior, and the 360 emulator hidden beneath it. (IBM declined to comment for this story.) The 5100's emulator gave programmers access to the functions of the monstrous, and much less portable machines, that IBM had produced during the 1960s. An imprint of a hook on the outside of the 5100 symbolized the ability of Dubke's interface to drop into what Titor called "legacy code," and scoop out any necessary operating instructions."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome. Next time, just look around...

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No he didn't. Not in the first rounds of his "prophecies" he didn't. In fact, he completely failed to mention 9/11, Iraq, or Iran.

Being a moderator here I'm suprised you refer to them as prophecies. Whether you BELIEVE he is fake or not is besides the point. He told us snippets of information he felt he could divulge. He was from the future remember?

He was going on and on about the GloomyDoomyWorld of 2026 and the aftermath of the Incredible Science-Fictional War (while making a number of incredibly stupid mistakes, like posting pictures of military equipment from the 1950's and trying to pass it off as "time travel machinery."

Doesnt mean anything. We can't prove his machine if fake one way or another. His silly mistakes seemed to have passed a number of hardened skeptics at the time, didn't they?

He's a dippy college freshman/sophomore.

Doesn't really add to the debate, but thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Byrd:

You surprise me sometimes.

You obviously need to re-read your Titor archives.

Peoples,

No he didn't. Not in the first rounds of his "prophecies" he didn't. In fact, he completely failed to mention 9/11, Iraq, or Iran. He was going on and on about the GloomyDoomyWorld of 2026 and the aftermath of the Incredible Science-Fictional War (while making a number of incredibly stupid mistakes, like posting pictures of military equipment from the 1950's and trying to pass it off as "time travel machinery."

Yes he did!

At 8am on the 25th Feb 2001, I will quote what he said: "You are capable of changing your worldline for the better right now. None of the things I have said will be a surprise. They were set in motion ten, twenty, even thirty years ago. Are you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is that just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war?"

From what I can see, he is very clear about Iraq, WMD's and how they DO NOT find any

The Internet - another area I am an expert in
On that note, can you please provide PROOF that you traced it back to a home? The only way to find this out is to:

1) Subpoena the ISP that the IP address belongs to
2) Get the basic details from the ISP regarding the login name and ID (only if the user has an account and hasn't paid in cash, otherwise you're stuffed)
3) Hopefully, a real name is used so you can find the telco that is linked to the name you obtained (unless you're govt., good luck here - you will probably also have to subpoena the telco here).
4) Subpoena the telco for a list of the person's outgoing calls for the day in question (hopefully he hasn't used YOUR name to register his account, otherwise you will be getting a call)
5) Confirm that an outgoing call was made with the same date/time/duration as the login for the account
6) Find out who lives at the house and PROVE who was using the computer at the time

So, as you can see, it isn't easy to find out where an IP address comes from
You can find out it came from an ISP or a company, however to actually link a broad based class A, B or C address to a physical location is VERY hard.

As you can see, there are a number of public documents required to do this, so can you please scan these and provide them here.

Thanks Byrd

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ByrdHe's a dippy college freshman/sophomore. We even tracked his connection down to the house where he was living at the time.

Byrd, wow! I can't believe that you would actually make a statement like that without presenting proof to back it up. And you are a Super Mod?

What i feel is relevant to the whole TITOR cause is, ... folks its acually taking place all around you. The pieces have been set, WWIII is shorly coming, and the predictions titor made to too overwelming to ignore at this point.

I emplore you all, to have a plan ... stock up on water, gas, and canned goods. Know what you would do in case of emergency. And pick a side. Because when the # hits the fan you will be faced with the biggest decision of your life. Plan ahead! Be Smart! You have an opportunity hear to see everything coming and to face it head on. We, those that have read TITOR, have special insite into 1 possible future. Its up to you what you do with that information.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Misfit:

I recommend you actually read the Titor archives before you make any more silly statements

As already mentioned, Titor was here around 2000 - way before the Iraq war and way before there were any accusations that Iraq has any WMD's.

Cheers

JS

Not a silly statement when you consider my first post stating that I have just now got into the Titor thing. The reading I have done here is the first of any. Can't read it all at once and know all about it while maintaining normal life at the same time. My statement was not a believe/dis-believe comment, just a comment of many others also said there were no WMD, be it 3 years beforehand or the day Bush said lets go. Again, can't know it all at once since my curiosity got to me only today.

But yes, I do see the logic of your viewpoint of the matter, about being in 2000.

Tell a recovering alcoholic "cheers", jeez, now I gotta call my sponsor!

Misfit

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Misfit,

Sorry

I do remember now that you mentioned you just got into it so I'll let you off

Re you last statement - LOL.

I'll now take that into consideration:

Catcha

JS

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

A modern 32-bit computer stores a "signed integer" data type, such as time_t, in 32 bits. The first of these bits is used for the positive/negative sign of the integer, while the remaining 31 bits are used to store the number itself. The highest number these 31 data bits can store works out to exactly 2 147 483 647. A time_t value of this exact number, 2 147 483 647, represents January 19, 2038, at 7 seconds past 3:14 AM Greenwich Mean Time. So, at 3:14:07 AM GMT on that fateful day, every time_t used in a 32-bit C or C++ program will reach its upper limit.

One second later, on 19-January-2038 at 3:14:08 AM GMT, disaster strikes."

You see I don't get that, why in 33 years time would 32 bit computers still be used? We are already developing 64 bit computers and nano-scale and quantum computers, surely if they can build a time machine they are going to use something slightly more impressive that some out of date version of windows '98? Also isn't this just a variation of the Y2K bug?
Also what the hell could a 53 year old computer contain that would solve this supposed 'disaster'?

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I am curious. Is there a TITOR cover up taking place here at ATS ... here in this THREAD ???

The reason I ask is because ATS has a lot of Traffic... However not everyone knows about John Titor ... and word has traveled that he is a fraud, although without any facts to back that up.

The Title of this thread would then lead an onlooked to "ASSUME" that this thread has information that would infact DEBUNK Titor... however when you DO actually click on it, the thread is about the LACK of proof to debunk Titor.

So... To those people that do not click on this thread, are thinking that, that whole titor thing was a fraud... not it might not be.

So... Why would anyone want to cover up TITOR's validity? Is God working here to insure only the good people head this prophetic vision of the future ... or is it something far more sinister.

I ask you?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

So... Why would anyone want to cover up TITOR's validity? Is God working here to insure only the good people head this prophetic vision of the future ... or is it something far more sinister.

Cover up his validity? the problem is it isn't really valid.
His story doesn't really make much sense and if you read ThatsJustWeird's link you would see that his knowledge of his own time is full of contradictions and incompatibilities.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join