It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus creepy ceremony

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
As a 4th degree Knight in Idaho the ceremony for all 4 levels are secret but true to secrecy but no life threatening details. I had it a lot worse as a freshman in high school, and sports with hazing and dumb things like fear factor eats and do. So all who thinks it a bad deal please, if a Catholic Gentleman please join our order in your respected parish. The #1 thing that we do is charity to the needy, and the maintenance of the parish, fund raisers for the school kid and members and widows. #2 a Patriotic order to preserve the American values, this election we set up ride to poles of catholics or not. So please look at our uniforms as a military chain of command. Thank you for reading and understanding. 4th degree Knight of Columbus

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by orangeman dave

Ummm, not sure where you are getting your info from, but I'd hate to tell you, you are off your bonkers if you think that is the case. The K of Columbus is a Fraternal Catholic Organization and yes, it promotes Catholic ideas, big shock there. The last Protestant Church I infiltrated never even knew what hit them, give it a rest man. I don't know about the K of Columba, but I can vouch for the K of Columbus here in the States, there are not infernal plans behind us promoting life and helping the retarded. Sorry to bust your bubble. Please produce said documents before you start casting accusations. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Are you for real ? You do not have much to think about do you.....

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
JESUS CRISTO BLESS US ALL

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If you want to see what the Knights of Columbus do at a grassroots level, take a look at my council website.

www.kofc12996.com...

Look at the newsletters, you can see what happens on the "frontline".

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

your a lair and a coward but you have to be a man 1st so little BOY WHAT DO HAVE TO SAY LITTLE BOY!!1

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There is a KoC building in my area. It is a newer building, a steel building. It's rather large in area, and has the KoC sign on the front. There is not a single window in the entire building.

My opinion. If you have to hide what you are doing, then you instinctually understand the wrong in your actions.

Freemasons, Knights of Columbia, British Crown. They are all one in the same.

But they will continue with their clubs, fraternities, and charities (which do very little charity), until the end of days, which isn't very far away.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hello all , I am a Catholic , My father Is A 30 year member of the Knights Of Columbus in St. Augustine . As a child I was witness to all the functions and charities that the KoC are affilliated with. Before my break with the Church (due to divorce) I was set to join and still to this day have the paperwork for membership . There is nothing to fear from this order. And the people who defame it might just as well do the same to the Boy Scouts of america or any other youth group or What of the Eagles or Moose lodges ? They all are a brotherhood. All have private rituals , or even the rotory . Sure the secrecy is there but hey when you were a kid didnt you ever have a little club , your special little group. This is about all it is except for these are charitable organizations that do tons for their communities. If you fear this then Maybe you should look before pointing.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
And if you really look into it from outside the paranoia you will find there is no religion in this world that is away from rituals of the past . All the Holidays are traced to pagan worship. I have looked into tons of information on holidays . The Catholic Church fitted the holidays to most pagan celebrations, if you really look at it tell me any symbols that arent in some way tracable to the ancient beliefs . So look into it and confront the ignorance.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
While not Knights of Columbus, I found this one kind of relevant...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

However, Fitzpatrick said members told police the rite involving a gun goes back at least 70 years.

www.foxnews.com...

Damning evidence indeed.

Nice find.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well that is horrible , but hmmmm does sort of remind me of stupider incidents involving guns for show ? Brandon Lee ?? Shot himself in head with gun supposedly loaded with blanks?? Actors killed in a movie filming (cant remember which one a horror if not mistaken ) by an attack helecopter that crashed during filming . Accidents happen unfortunately . Now if they tried to hide the event then there is a prob.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Before one can make statements and point fingers you have to Love Yourself and always think before you shoot off you mouth

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctordoom

But they will continue with their clubs, fraternities, and charities (which do very little charity), until the end of days, which isn't very far away.

According to wikipedia, the Knights of columbus

Wikipedia K of C

In the 2007 fraternal year the Order gave US$ 144,911,781 directly to charity (1.1 Billion in charitable contributions in the last 10 years) and performed over 68,695,768 man hours of voluntary service

So what does that say about an organization you say does little charity eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
oops double post. My apologies

[edit on 5-1-2009 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

According to wikipedia, the Knights of columbus

Wikipedia K of C

In the 2007 fraternal year the Order gave US$ 144,911,781 directly to charity (1.1 Billion in charitable contributions in the last 10 years) and performed over 68,695,768 man hours of voluntary service

So what does that say about an organization you say does little charity eh?

Well, there is 7 million members. That means each member gave less than $20 dollars apiece, and volunteered about 9 hours over a years period.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me, especially when you consider they are a tax exempt organization, so they didn't contribute to the public kitty at all.

But you would think, with that kind of money, they could afford some windows.

By the way, my great grandmothers side came from Bates, who were on one of the ships with Columbus himself. Found that out a couple of years ago. But I don't call myself a Knight (loyal to the British crown)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Well, there is 7 million members. That means each member gave less than $20 dollars apiece, and volunteered about 9 hours over a years period.

Actually, the article says there are 1.7 million.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me, especially when you consider they are a tax exempt organization, so they didn't contribute to the public kitty at all.

Non-profit organizations, by definition, don't make any profits. Income taxes are levied on profits.

Found that out a couple of years ago. But I don't call myself a Knight (loyal to the British crown)

"Knight" doesn't mean "loyal to the British crown". The term denotes one who has been inducted into an order of chivalry.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The number of hours volunteered on that site are just for this year alone. 1.1 Billion Dollars is a lot of money. Knights don't just donate out of their pocket to charity. They raise money through fundraisers and many times out of sweat and hard work and labour.

I'm proud of the Knights of Columbus and all they stand for. Pick up a Columbia magazine and you can see some of the things they do on a daily basis.

An actual example is the money they gave to families during the 911 crisis. That is something that touches home. There was not an insurance agency ready to give to the survivors of 911 in the amount that the Knights of Columbus gave, which was a couple to a few million dollars (I can't remember the exact amount).

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join