It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus creepy ceremony

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My father, who passed away a few years ago, was a member of the Knights of Columbus when he was younger. He had the sword and all those other gimmicks that are associated with membership. Anyhow... he always told me how the initiation ceremony was one of the scariest things he's ever witnessed or taken part in. He said he was sworn to secrecy and he would never elaborate or give a single detail of anything he saw. My question is to those who have witnessed this ceremony or who know about it... What exactly takes place? What is so scary or creepy about it?

I'm sure there are members or former members who read this board. Hopefully someone is willing to fess up! Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My husband joined the KoC when he was younger. He is no longer an active member and shared what little he remembered. (Couldn't have been that scary as he didn't recall too much detail!)

How old were you when he told you it was scary? Because I'm wondering if he used "scary" when he may have meant something else, maybe it was more mysterious and sobering.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

How old were you when he told you it was scary? Because I'm wondering if he used "scary" when he may have meant something else, maybe it was more mysterious and sobering.

I wasn't that young. I'm 23 now, so I'd say it was in my late teens. My father wasn't really one for telling scary stories either. The most he ever did in that area was hide change under rocks at the local beach and let me find it, then tell me it was pirate treasure. Little did I realize that pirates didn't use current US currency! Hey, I was only a toddler.

Anyway, maybe the initiation ceremony varies from chapter to chapter. I live in New Jersey. So what happened back in the 60's or 70's (not sure the exact year this occured) at his local chapter may be different from what happened at your husband's. Thanks for your help. Hopefully some more former members will come forward and possibly know what I am trying to find out!

[edited code into a quote, was mucking with the screen sizes -nygdan ]

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And the thing is, how CAN you elaborate, on something that you were 'sworn to secrecy'? You are going to tell your kid the names of the other people there?

Thats kind of dumb, just putting him in danger's way for no reason, at the least.

And then, are you going to say what you YOURSELF were forced to do, be it kissing someone's foot, or being blindfolded, or having a knife held at your throat, or maybe what you did to someone else, after it was done to you.

The point is, these initiations (the serious ones) are designed to keep you from talking about it. It is an 'experience' that should be felt to be shared among all those who went through it, and not mentioned to all the rest.

Plus, any time they want to break down your individual barriers, you know there will be nudity involved (or at the least, a uniform/robe that everyone has to wear). Its tried and true, and you can probably be glad you didn't hear any more from your dad/husband.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
The point is, these initiations (the serious ones) are designed to keep you from talking about it. It is an 'experience' that should be felt to be shared among all those who went through it, and not mentioned to all the rest.

Plus, any time they want to break down your individual barriers, you know there will be nudity involved (or at the least, a uniform/robe that everyone has to wear). Its tried and true, and you can probably be glad you didn't hear any more from your dad/husband.

And you know this from your VAST amount of personal experience, eh?

A uniform/robe that everyone has to wear at initiation?! Oh the HORROR!!

It's very subtle this time, but I still think you are teetering on the verge of homophobia.

P.S. Rasputin: There are a couple of KofC around here who will probably answer most if not all questions you might have... I wouldn't expect they would share ritual or cermonies with you, but perhaps can give you an idea of what it's about. Pbrez is one, as is Chief_Counsellor. Hope this helps.

[edit on 5/23/05 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Aren't they the Catholic Order?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There is nothing that frightening about the Knights of Columbus initiation ceremonies. I will not reveal to a non member anything about the ceremonials themselves. That would ruin it the expereince for those that take it in the future. I would not post the ceremonials in a public forum for the world to see.

What I can say, is the ceremonials are a very beautiful, enlightening expereince that any Catholic male would appreciate.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well maybe my father was exaggerating, who knows. He was Catholic until he married my mom and she converted him to an Episcopalian! Thank God for that because I would never want to be raised as a Catholic. No offense to anyone here, it's just not my cup of tea. I think some of their rules are rediculous, especially not allowing non-Catholic Christians to take part in communion at their churches. My church welcomes all Christians who have received their First Holy Communion to take part.

I also don't care much for entering a dark booth and confessing my sins to a guy who sins with his alter boys.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I also don't care much for entering a dark booth and confessing my sins to a guy who sins with his alter boys.

That is a particularly vicious stereotype. Just because some have been accused and some even proven to have done such things doesn't make all priests bad. This is exactly the kind of thinking that gets people into trouble.

You can't paint every member of a group with the same brush. Some men are inherently bad, some men are in their positions only to do good. The individual man's actions should determine what kind of man he is; not the actions of his sometimes misguided peers.

I find myself disappointed with people who think this way.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I can't believe I'm going to defend Christianity... but here goes.. your statement is a gross mischaracterization of Catholic priests. While it is obviously reprehensible what some priests did with young children (and the coverup that followed) it's really not right to assume that all or even any more than a tiny minority of priests engaged in this type of sick behavior.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I hate blacks, this one raped my sister last year.
I can't stand what the freemasons are about, this one guy is with the illuminati and is a power-hungry fool.
(or)
I can't stand the Jews, they are trying to take over the world.

or how bout this one,
I can't stand men, none of them are decent. Men SUCK!
I hate women! They SUCK!

Middle easterners MUST be terrorists or the Germans have been cursed by their attrocities in the past.

>>>These quotations are naive, and blind to the second power!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The point being:

If you are a Child Molestor, or just have slight feelings for children which you want to maybe act upon at some point, the message the Church is sending is, They will look after you.

The point is, after they publicly showed they would not reveal the Sinners, the message was clearly sent. In this way, they have effectively advertised to MORE molestors to join their ranks, as we ALL know the goal of a molestor is to be put in a position of trust

Any one wanting to defend their policy of covering up the names of guilty priests needs to take into account the effect giving sanctuary to Molestors has had, and how it can be justified if it has enticed even ONE Molestor to take advantage of a child.

So yes, the whole Church CAN be judged, but not all the individual priests. But it has shown that this (a history of being a child-abuser) also has NO negative effect to keep you from being promoted. So what message, in turn, does THAT send to molestors? That you can still work in the Vatican, if you are found guilty, don't worry?

And the Knights are named after a Pagan goddess, so I wouldn't stress the Catholicism aspect, except in which cases Catholicism is also Pagan goddess worship (for ex. Mary worship)

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And the Knights are named after a Pagan goddess...

Christopher Columbus was a pagan goddess? News to me.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't see anything about a pagan goddess on the K of C. Here is their history if you are interested in reading about it....

www.kofc.org...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

As if there are no episcopalian child molestors. And as if they have no 'silly' rules and practices.

akilles
The point is, after they publicly showed they would not reveal the Sinners, the message was clearly sent. In this way, they have effectively advertised to MORE molestors to join their ranks, as we ALL know the goal of a molestor is to be put in a position of trust

Its preposterous to suggest that child molestors are going ot flock to the seminaries now. Anyone who actively wants to prey on children isn't going to go thru the rigamarole of becomming a preist and having pressure to give it up.

And the Knights are named after a Pagan goddess

The KoC are named after Columbus, whom Italians like to say is clearly 'yet another Italian' genius. You are saying its supposed to mean Columbia, (and I am not aware of any shrines to a goddess name columbia) to the originators of the KoC, and that they did it for some bizzare reason.

I cannot find any representations of agoddes called columbia existing prior to the discovery of america. And the use of a dove, a columbiform bird, can be taken as a referece to some sort of Divine Feminine, sure. It can also be taken as a reference to the Holy Ghost, which is what its usually presented as and understood to mean. Given that the KoC are a catholic organization, and given that the dove is almost allways used to represent the Holy Ghost, its more reasonable to state that the dove in the KoC symbol represents the Catholic Concept of the Holy Ghost as part of the Triune Godhead.
Indeed, here we see the dove from stained glass window, in a stance very similar to that of the KoC symbol.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"it has been definitively proven that Cristobal Colon (Christopher Columbus) was not Italian, but came from what is now Spain --most likely Barcelona in Catalonia.

There was a Genoese "Colombo" who was a tailor, but it has been demonstrated convincingly that he was certainly not the navegator and explorer who sailed for the Queen of Castille."

The best researchers ( Historian Kirkpatrick
Sale ) say his real name was probably one of these:
Christoforo Colombo, Christofferus de Colombo, Christobal Colom, Christobal Colon, and Xpoual de Colon.

After 1493, Columbus, in a deliberate reference
to St. Christopher, chose the signature Xpo Ferens.

His name was NOT Columbia, or Columbus, or any variation thereof. THAT is one of the many names of the 'Divine Feminine', the Mother-Teacher-Destroyer being the different aspects.

That he was given the knowledge, in exchange for the use of his 'new' name being the one attributed to him, is becoming clear. What i mean is, he was put in charge of ships, that had a PRE-determined destination.

"Why did Columbus bring trinkets for trade if the gold of
the Grand Khan was his principal objective?
Why did he claim lands for the Spanish Crown, and for himself as the Crown's representative, if these lands belonged, as he initially thought,
to an Asiatic kingdom?

Why is there no mention of Asia or the Indies in the titles awarded to Columbus by his royal sponsors? "

Never mind that his crew was derived from the fact that the crown did offer amnesty to criminals. As long as they followed orders, its all good!

And we all know that Catholicism veils its Goddess worship, to give you the choice to either participate in it, or pretend it doesn't exist.

The Dove, as Nygdan tried to misinform, is representative of the Holy Ghost, but it is also symbolic of the feminine energy in its destructive form (the dove pointed down, instead of how we are told we are seeing it from above).

And if you still don't think there is some hidden Goddess worship ANY WHERE, please can someone tell me what is the name of the Electric force?

"COULOMB INTERACTION, attraction or repulsion of particles or objects because of their electric charge"

No accidents are allowed in history, and here we see the prevalence of a very significant name.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

There is what is called the "Colombian" faction of the Illuminati which came over to America early on. The documents that were recovered in Germany showed that the symbol for the Illuminati society was the PYRAMID and the EYE IN THE CAPSTONE as shown on the back of the ONE-DOLLAR BILL. The symbol for Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) is the ALL-SEEING EYE. The U. S. is located in the District of Columbia. There is Columbia University, and the Columbia space shuttle.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
There is what is called the "Colombian" faction of the Illuminati which came over to America early on. The documents that were recovered in Germany showed that the symbol for the Illuminati society was the PYRAMID and the EYE IN THE CAPSTONE as shown on the back of the ONE-DOLLAR BILL. The symbol for Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) is the ALL-SEEING EYE. The U. S. is located in the District of Columbia. There is Columbia University, and the Columbia space shuttle.

Don't forget Columbia, Missouri, home of the University of Missouri at Columbia.

And most of all Columbus, Mississippi --- there are some *really* illuminated folks down there! (Note all the i's (eyes) in "Mississippi") !!!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Did you come up with that all by yourself?!

Dude, can I be like you when I grow up? Seriously.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

"it has been definitively proven that Cristobal Colon (Christopher Columbus) was not Italian, but came from what is now Spain --most likely Barcelona in Catalonia.

Perhaps he wasn't, but most italians would vehemntly aruge that he is.

That he was given the knowledge, in exchange for the use of his 'new' name being the one attributed to him, is becoming clear. What i mean is, he was put in charge of ships, that had a PRE-determined destination.

Why would anyone need columbus to sail to the new world if they already knew about it??

"Why did Columbus bring trinkets for trade if the gold of
the Grand Khan was his principal objective?

I think that the first expedition was simply to find it in the first place. Subsequent expeditions would've been to explore it, and []if the palaces of india were reached then they'd bring in the big stuff. But I don't think that they'd necessarily bring it with them without knowing where to go.

Why did he claim lands for the Spanish Crown, and for himself as the Crown's representative, if these lands belonged, as he initially thought,
to an Asiatic kingdom?

The europeans did this when they did make it to the other parts of the world. And the lands he claimed were savage lands, not civilized ones, he didn't necessarily think that they were part of the Khanate.

Never mind that his crew was derived from the fact that the crown did offer amnesty to criminals. As long as they followed orders, its all good!

No catholics participate in goddess worship.

The Dove, as Nygdan tried to misinform, is representative of the Holy Ghost

How was it misinforming then????

, but it is also symbolic of the feminine energy in its destructive form (the dove pointed down, instead of how we are told we are seeing it from above).

Its supposed to represent a dove comming in to land, in descent. The other representations represent it nicely enough.

"COULOMB INTERACTION, attraction or repulsion of particles or objects because of their electric charge"

You suggest that 'they' discovered electricity and its prinicples, then say on it until a guy named Coulomb came around and then secretly told him?

souljah
The symbol for Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) is the ALL-SEEING EYE. The U. S. is located in the District of Columbia. There is Columbia University, and the Columbia space shuttle.

Please explain why the "Secret pre-colonial Illuminati' theory here is more reasonable than the 'they're named after christopher columbus' theory.

(Note all the i's (eyes) in "Mississippi") !!!

Nice, equal logic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join