It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus creepy ceremony

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sassanid
Except there were many different sects of Christianity before the rise of the Catholic Church as we know it today.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

I don't see what that has to do with what I said. I thought that the Catholic church started in the year Jesus died(no I didn't) so thanks for correcting me.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

This priest is someone I consider a friend so I am going to defend his church in the aspects it is worthy of defending. They don't just feed the down on their luck in my town. It is never the act of a wise man, painting every Catholic with the same brush. You didn't do that, but I really feel like it isn't fair to the good clergy. They do need to stop letting pedophiles wear the priestly regalia.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

IHe started doing it ten years ago doing soups and sandwiches and a couple years ago he got the church to by the butcher shop next door that went out of business and renovate it. Now they serve breakfast and a buffet everyday for about a hundred people with corteous volunteers and excellent hot food. I go myself before the gym if I am out of food once in a while. It's clean and nobody starts trouble.

I feel that is the work of the Holy Spirit.

(post by Anonymous911 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There is nothing to worry about. I refused to join for over ten years because for one thing guys who barely knew me, just met me, or didn’t know me at all kept asking me to join. I always asked what it was all about. They told me of their activities for fundraising, but not much else. I didn’t understand the point behind it all. Others would say dumb things like, “We’re the right hand to the priest.” A close friend of mine told me there were secrets which really caused me to say, “I will never...”

Eventually my curiosity got the best of me. I also just wanted to meet more people at church. The Grand knight told me when they could initiate me, but he couldn’t tell me anything about what to expect. I just told him that I would not swear to anything. He said that word isn’t in their ceremony. I agreed to join just as long it was a promise. The scriptures tell us to swear on nothing.

I agreed to secrecy, but like I said, there is nothing to worry about. As far as being spooky, I think it was just because I didn’t know what to expect. I can’t reveal anything about the ceremony. I’m not sure why. It was all pretty innocuous, but a promise is a promise, I guess.

They never told me that I had to promise what does not go on. I will just say it’s nothing crazy like drinking blood, sacrificing an animal, having sex with an animal, or anything bizarre at all.

I hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasputin13

Human sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Could It Ever Be For The Profane Who May, More Than Anyone, Need A Dose Or Two Of Moral Intervention...???

I Would Like To Know....???

And... Would I Ever Want To Kill For The Profound Word Like The Ruffians...???

Is So... Who Is The One In Your Ritual That Would Possess The Word I'd Like To Possess...???

Also... Will I Be Killed By A Master For Finishing The Crafting Of The Pillar ...???

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
"Christopher Columbus was a pagan goddess?"

Only when he put on a dress and asked his cabin boy to call him Susan.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasputin13
My father, who passed away a few years ago, was a member of the Knights of Columbus when he was younger. He had the sword and all those other gimmicks that are associated with membership. Anyhow... he always told me how the initiation ceremony was one of the scariest things he's ever witnessed or taken part in. He said he was sworn to secrecy and he would never elaborate or give a single detail of anything he saw. My question is to those who have witnessed this ceremony or who know about it... What exactly takes place? What is so scary or creepy about it?

I'm sure there are members or former members who read this board. Hopefully someone is willing to fess up! Thanks.

I'm a little late to the party but, I have to add my 0.02 cents.

My dad was a KofC, too. It changed his life for the better. I'd never seen him happier and healthier. Whatever it was, it had a positive effect in his life and, made me love him all the more despite all of his previous failings as a father before he became a Knight. He never once asked me to join but, left an indelible mark on me to the point where I am now almost persuaded to re-kindle my relationship to the religion I was born into. RIP dad. I miss you dearly.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: Sassanid
Except there were many different sects of Christianity before the rise of the Catholic Church as we know it today.

Yes, before Constantine the Great, there were many different forms of Christianity, many gospels which were not used by the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD and were excluded in New Testament, like "Gospel of Judas"????
Links below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join