It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Former Mossad chief says US may still find WMDs in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ex-Mossad chief and former director of the National Security Council has stated that it is too early to conclude that Iraq has no Weapons of Mass Destructions and said "I do not believe that Saddam Hussein risked the fall of his regime and his own capture just out of false pride"

www.hindu.com
US can still uncover weapons of mass destruction alleged to have been built by deposed Iraqi ruler Saddam Hussein and its forces may remain in the country for much longer than Americans commonly believe, a former chief of Israeli espionage agency Mossad has said.

Efraim Halevy, who also served as director to the National Security Council, told Ha'aretz.com readers in an online question and answer session that it is too early to conclude that their was an intelligence failure in the issue of Iraq WMDs.

"Notwithstanding the fact that weapons of mass destruction have not yet been found in Iraq, I would not rule out the possibility that they might be found in the future. Iraq is a vast country, and only several months ago, a full squadron of aircraft was discovered buried in the sand," Halevy asserted.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Efraim Halevy is clearly trying to create a false threat with Iraq, Palestine as well as Iran. Note that this statement was told to the Israeli media in hopes of sparking U.N. inspectors to continue the failed search of WMD and to pressure the US to take action upon Iran.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am wondering why none of the new agencies of english origins have picked this story up. it seems to be only appearing in Indian and middle-eastern news agencies. Seems to me as an obvious attempt at propaganda (which Efraim Halevy is famous for)

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Sir Efraim should just really shut up.

I'm fed up with the Israeli attempts to feed us crap intel in order to get the US into fighting proxy wars for them.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
He's probably trying to cover his own butt after feeding bad intel to the US.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
as soon a mossad finishes planting wmd's in iraq...we will find them..................

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The MOSSAD is looking out for no one's interests but Israel.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Look at all the liberal lefties come crawling out of the woodworks.
What Efraim Halevy said was his views of the Iraqi war. He is ex-mossad and he provided his own personal views. Incidentally, his knowledge and experience FAR surpasses everyone on this forum. SO I WOULD TAKE WHAT HE SAYS WITH ALOT OF RESPECT.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

as soon a mossad finishes planting wmd's in iraq...we will find them..................

Got That RIGHT!

With a little help from CIA nothing can go Wrong!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It is neither liberal nor leftist to recognize that there is an Israeli agenda that only sporadically co-incides with the interests of America.
I applaud the prosecution of our Iraqi efforts up to this point, as I also acknowledge the need for our Afghan operation.

The military clout of the US is to be used for our requirements, not that of Israel.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Former Mosad cheif? Jesus, i wouldnt be supprised if the Isreali's plant them there just to have them uncovered. Bleh.

*Edit* oops I should have read other peoples comments first! Well its glad to see people that share my oppinion.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Ishes]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by periwinkle blue
It is neither liberal nor leftist to recognize that there is an Israeli agenda that only sporadically co-incides with the interests of America.
I applaud the prosecution of our Iraqi efforts up to this point, as I also acknowledge the need for our Afghan operation.

The military clout of the US is to be used for our requirements, not that of Israel.

I have no problem with that. The US should act in their own interest.

But regardless the existance of Israel is in the US interest both on a moral and strategic level. If you think Israel needs the US to fight Israel's wars you are wrong. Israel fights its own wars and has done so for decades. The US gets involved for its own self interest. Furthermore the US would have wanted Israeli military support if it wouldn't have sparked an uproar in the Arab world.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The uproar in the Arab world was essentially ignited by Israel at it's formation after WWII. That however is unfortunately ancient history seeded by British Palestinian policies dating back to 1922, and as unlikely to be resolved as the Falklands/Malvinas issue which sparked the 1982 battles in the South Atlantic, which had been predicated on disputes back to the early 1800s.
The only recent ignitions are of Middle-Eastern origin, the 1991 Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, 9/11/2001, and the obstinence of Saddam which necessited the current efforts in Iraq. None of which are uproars of US manufacture.
I wish the military forces of the US to be utilized sparingly and where best justified.
Did not Patrick Buchanan (hardly a leftist) describe the US Congress as "Israeli Occupied Territory"?......both insightful and darkly humorous.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Im sure they can still find them, they have had all the time to place all they want.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The only weapons of mass destruction they are going to find are the ones that say "Made in the USA".

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
I have no problem with that. The US should act in their own interest.

Yes! For starters, I propose a Congressional scrutiny into the activity of AIPAC, as its likely that such activity goes against the interest of the American People.

But regardless the existance of Israel is in the US interest both on a moral and strategic level.

I agree Jews should have a state, all right, but not at the expense of the US.

If you think Israel needs the US to fight Israel's wars you are wrong.

No we aren't.

Israel fights its own wars and has done so for decades. The US gets involved for its own self interest.

There is no much self interest in being stuck militarily 10,000 miles away from home with a huge bill to be paid by mortaging our children's future.

Furthermore the US would have wanted Israeli military support

Thanks, but no thanks.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The very fact that they HAVEN'T found any WMD in Iraq is a lot scarier than the idea of them ever finding anything. We should be wondering where the hell Saddam shipped all his WMD to. I sincerely doubt that he destroyed the TONS and TONS of nerve and VX gas, and so on. I can't see Saddam standing by a ditch filled with his precious WMD, and dropping a match in there just because the UN told him to. Had he really destroyed all of his WMD, there would be extensive records of such an operation. Hell, he would have had all the media he could find to cover the event of him eliminating his WMD so he could tilt world opinion towards him.

It's a shame when I see liberal pundits and leftist tree huggers finding joy in the fact that we didn't find WMD in Iraq. These weapons are out there, somewhere. Hopefully they're buried in the deserts of Iraq where no one with ill will would ever find them. Unfortunately, I'm more willing to believe they're in Syria and/or Iran. Someone as money-hungry as Saddam was would jump at the chance to sell his WMD rather than destroy it.

You gotta realize how hard it is to find anything in a country the size of California, especially when you have people shooting at you everywhere you go! If they just found a squadron of fighter jets buried in the sand then it's very likely that plenty more is buried elsewhere. Let's pray it stays buried, at least until we find it.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I do agree that there are plenty of places for such to be hidden, given the nature of the terrain. A more likely circumstance is that they were simply moved.
It is definitely the case that the Iraqis acknowleded possession of them in the past, and cannot account for the whereabous now.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
We should be wondering where the hell Saddam shipped all his WMD to.

He'd gotten nothing to ship to begin with.

I sincerely doubt that he destroyed the TONS and TONS of nerve and VX gas, and so on.

I don't remember how much stuff he had to begin with, but I did see US reports to the effect that these have been done away this after Gulf War I. I suppose you can Google it.

It's a shame when I see liberal pundits and leftist tree huggers finding joy in the fact that we didn't find WMD in Iraq.

I'm not a liberal pundit so I can't tell. However, I believe that most people find not joy but shame and sadness in this fact, because they were deliberately lied to and so much has been wasted, and our country took a real hit on this scam by Bush and Co.

These weapons are out there, somewhere.

Sure, and I am a Chinese emperor in exile.

[edit on 12-5-2005 by Aelita]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
what's really sad is I know people who were first deployed to Iraq, who were in blackout a week before the invasion, and were there until last year. They found chemicals, precursors, labs, and paperwork relating to WMDs. Many of which aren't released, presumably to keep them as "blackmail" material to various nations that helped build them. Everyone in the Media screaming that there were no WMDs, but that was never the case.

Not to mention the cargo pallets of shrink wrapped, American CASH we paid to regional mullahs and other warlords for their cooperation. Who then used it to buy weapons and explosives being used today as car bombs. Proof we tried to do things the peaceful way and were betrayed. Gotta love pics of American soldiers sitting on these bales of money, that later financed the arms that nearly (in one case, successfully in others) killed them.

Can't talk about that stuff, though. My associate would get seriously grilled, and I doubt a nice public court martial. I don't understand the reason for both sides (republican and democrat) to want so badly to keep these truths away from the world. Blackmail? Incompetence and bureaucratic miscommunication? Or something more sinister?

Weird, scary # going on in the world, and those of us with friends and associates in interesting positions within the military, or government, or business, tend to see a lot of it. Getting them all together talking of weirdnesses, and your skin crawls.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Searching...

A case of missunderstanding?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join