It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Consent to Hypnosis if You Trusted the Hypnotist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You're right--nice digets

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
off-the-street--what you saw is real,just another time. I didn't want to go deep again, for a long time.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
This is going to sound a bit weird coming from the Debunkeroo himself, but I'd suggest you google "Dr. Frank Baranowski", an old friend of mine.

Frank was a heavy-duty woo-woo and 'past life regression' hypnotist who, on several occasions, hypnotized both me and a companion separately. In both cases, the other person was excluded from the room, and the entire sessions were recorded on videotape. Frank gave each of us our tape and told us not to discuss what we saw or what we remembered until the other person had already gone through the session; then we were to sit down and watch both videotapes together.

I've always been a skeptic, and I can understand that there are a lot of issues with the subject subconciously tying to 'please' the hypnotist by agreeing with him and remembering only what he wanted to remember, etc.

I am certainly as biased as anyone else, but I figured the videotape and the 'wall' between us two subjects would eliminate at least most of the "halo effect".

Without going into any detail, both my companion and i were extemely shocked at the things that we saw of ourselves and each other on the tape. Neither of us wanted to undergo the regression again, and she had nightmares about it for a long while. Suffice it to say that past life regression is something that I myself wold not dismiss out-of-hand; I simply have no rational explanation of the correlations we both saw.

Of course, such reports and pahenomena are not repeatable, and certainly shouldn't be be considered anything but "anecdotal evidence".

Yet I still cannot rationalize those particular phenomena; and no, I am not someone who has stolen Duncan Kunz AKA "Off_the_Street"'s password and am posting in his name, and no, I still think 'chem-trails' are completely bogus.

I am not preaching to the choir..If someone has issues in this life, such as fear of heights, water, fire, etc it, can many times be traced to a past life way of death.
I would never encourage anyone to be freaked out, one of my lives I went through was in Auscwitz w/ Dr. Mengele..It made me ~realize~ why I fear big dogs so much, so I still do not like big dogs, but understand that it was his beastiality that started it.
I am sorry if your friend had bad dreams, but there is risk in everything we do in life..
I am glad that at least you do not totally dismiss a science that has helped catch criminals by remembering tag numbers, etc.
The sub-sonscious is not rational, but it is truthful...

PS. I did not google Frank..How much does he charge??

[edit on 5-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Off the street, what was on those taps that made you not want to go back to see the hypnotist anymore? Sorry im a curious fellow, id really like to know what it was like.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
BrokenWings.......For some reason you keep posting doubles

Sirious.....I would certainly pay you a visit, if I lived anywhere near where you do....

Unfortunately my first experience with being hypnotised, left me feeling that I 'wasn't' hypnotised at all.......the guy SAID I was, but I just felt normal, didn't feel like I was in any Trance or anything like that.....

How is it supposed to feel?,......Or Is it that I cannot be hypnotised, like someone else has previously mentioned

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacqua
BrokenWings.......For some reason you keep posting doubles

Sirious.....I would certainly pay you a visit, if I lived anywhere near where you do....

Unfortunately my first experience with being hypnotised, left me feeling that I 'wasn't' hypnotised at all.......the guy SAID I was, but I just felt normal, didn't feel like I was in any Trance or anything like that.....

How is it supposed to feel?,......Or Is it that I cannot be hypnotised, like someone else has previously mentioned

First, I need to ask you, did he totally relax all the muscles and nerves in your body? I do this and it takes a while..
One ~cannot~ be put under by looking at a watch swinging..;]
You would know if you were under as it makes your body feel so relaxed to have given up thoughts for a while..I think you were not in trance..
I would be happy to oblige you if I get rich and can travel everywhere giving free trancing...>>not likely

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Lol, get hypnotized? I don't even like sleeping in the presence of others because I'm afraid i'll talk in my sleep.

There is ~nothing~ you could say that I have not heard before...you would not say if you did not want to..

My reservations have as much to do with the law as they have to do with what the hypnotist might think of me
It is interesting that you say a person won't say anything they don't want to reveal under hypnosis. I had no idea. Of course there's still the matter of wondering if I might subconsciously want to vent something that I would be ill advised to reveal.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
seriouslyone says:

I am glad that at least you do not totally dismiss a science that has helped catch criminals by remembering tag numbers, etc. The sub-sonscious is not rational, but it is truthful...

Actually, I have never doubted the ability of hypnotism to enable one to recall information that is in the unconcious; I think everyone would agree with that. What upset both my friend and me was that this session allegedly was a "previous life" regression, and we had (at least based on what I saw and how I interpreted the tapes) both experienced two sides of exactly the the same incident, which happened over a century ago.

Frank Baranowski, by the way, died three years ago.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xonbrokenwingsx
Where in the south do you live??? I'm a resident to florida.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
>>Actually, I have never doubted the ability of hypnotism to enable one to recall information that is in the unconcious; I think everyone would agree with that. What upset both my friend and me was that this session allegedly was a "previous life" regression, and we had (at least based on what I saw and how I interpreted the tapes) both experienced two sides of exactly the the same incident, which happened over a century ago.

Frank Baranowski, by the way, died three years ago.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Lol, get hypnotized? I don't even like sleeping in the presence of others because I'm afraid i'll talk in my sleep.

There is ~nothing~ you could say that I have not heard before...you would not say if you did not want to..

My reservations have as much to do with the law as they have to do with what the hypnotist might think of me
It is interesting that you say a person won't say anything they don't want to reveal under hypnosis. I had no idea. Of course there's still the matter of wondering if I might subconsciously want to vent something that I would be ill advised to reveal.

Who would it harm or make a difference to?
The hypnotist totally understands that babbling can occur, but since it is between you and your control, there would be no harm done..

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I can't believe I missed this thread, considering my avatar......

To address the topic......at this point, I would consent to undergo a hypnotic session or two.....but with conditions set by me and fully adhered to......I would also want to know as much as possible of the hypnotist.

But I can and have been hypnotized without my consent and knowledge..........you can believe it or not, this is a message board and don't feel the need to prove what is ultimately a subjective arguement on perception.......I still harbor bitterness towards those involved in those experiences..........

My experience with hypnosis is complicated and I would want to surface specific memories to my conscious.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I can't believe I missed this thread either, considering how often I bash the concept....

Even watchthing someone else being hypnotised disturbs me for weeks afterward, just annoying me because it doesn't make sense........but then again, I'm not one to scared of anything so, yes I would allow someone to try.

Of course, as some of you know, I'm not the imaginative kind of person, so whos to say it would work, or wouldn't.

Then again, the idea of losing your concious thought control is
......unsettling.....

But of course, whats the worse that could happen, they find out Im the exaclt opposite of my normal personality inside.....
I can't even imagine myself like that..

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I would let someone hypnotize me, but only if i can find a good one. I live in Los Angeles, so most of them here charge a lot of $$$. When your hypnotised tho, whats the worst that can happen? Does anyone really know what harm can be done? Just to know.

But is it really possible to be hypnotized without u knowing you are? Seems a lil bit out there to me, cus dont you have to be relaxed and listen to the hypnotist? I mean if you didnt want to be hypnotized, you can just walk out or not listen to him, right?

Well how do you learn to be a hypnotist? Can anyone teach me? Or at least send me to a good site to learn how? Because ive been to a lot of hypnosis sites, but most arent very helpful. I already know what goes on during hypnosis, but i want to know HOW to induce hypnosis. If you want you can U2U me.

And some final questions, is it possible to actually do any stage hypnotism acts? Or is it all just that, just an act? Can they fall asleep during hypnosis?

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by vergaentuboca
But is it really possible to be hypnotized without u knowing you are? Seems a lil bit out there to me, cus dont you have to be relaxed and listen to the hypnotist? I mean if you didnt want to be hypnotized, you can just walk out or not listen to him, right?

You can be hypnotized without knowing it.....but it requires(usually) for the person doing it being close to you. Happened to me with an ex......she was manipulating my sleep habits........I was so screwed up at one point that I was in isolation by my decision, more or less, because I didn't know what the hell was happening to me..........I couldn't talk to anyone and was having an all around rough time with everything. Hence the bitterness.......she cost me 4 years of my life.......

And some final questions, is it possible to actually do any stage hypnotism acts? Or is it all just that, just an act? Can they fall asleep during hypnosis?

Absolutely.

No.

Not sleep by the normal sense of the word sleep.......I suggest reading some Milton Erikson........it'll give you a very straight forward understanding of hypnosis and it's role in the development of a more specific detailing of our conscious levels...........hypnotism is more than just for the stage........

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'd have no problem consenting to it, I'd actually like to know what I know unconsciously.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have been hypnotized one on one to quit smoking, this was 25 years ago.
I never smoked again or had the urge.
As an experiment, I lit up a ciggie the very same day after I left the session. It was like I was 6 years old again, holding the ciggarette,
putting it to my mouth, all felt very foreign like I never did it before.
Everything about the smoking experience pleasure was erased from my mind . I feel in some way it maybe saved my life or extended it.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
A strange thing.......I was on a college volleyball team....and the college actually hired a hypnotist to visit the team....and whoever wanted to, could be hypnotoized (in order to try and play better....and subsequently win our games).

I thought this was really bizarre, but hey, what would it hurt? I tried it....I think I was hypnotized......was really strange.

Thats the only time I have had experience with this (and am not sure if it works).

Faeryland

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If I may ask, Faeryland, which college?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So, did your team win?? Would be interesting to know...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join