It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Consent to Hypnosis if You Trusted the Hypnotist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Man I would give my left marble to be Hypnotised!!!!

I actually tried to have it done before, but I was in another country
and I forgot about the language barrier thing so I walked in the front
office ready as ever and then I got "umm, umm bla bla bla"
which translates to "I can't speak english". I was so bummed out.

Can someone please explain it to me, is really like on that movie
K-PAX, or other movies were people are like vulnerable to answer
questions they never answer in an "awake" state?

A 'good' hypnotist does not ask any direct questions, just questions about
"how do you feel, what do you have on for clothes'? etc.
Never any LEADING questions as the hypnotist is only the guide, to help a person penetrate the sub-conscious..
I spent 4 years as a subject while learning how to do it myself.
Hypnosis is very good for anyone whose childhood has been traumatic or they need to go back in time, as I can tell you "it is your second birthday, look around and tell me are you having a party..?
The person answers in a 2 yr old voice and can tell you all who were there, the taste of the cake, etc.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You make me want to dig out my video. Haven't watched it for over a decade. I spent two years with this therapist until we finally got around to calling in a hypnotyst, and we accomplished more in a day than we did in the last year. It took me that long to face my childhood.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
"Would You Consent to Hypnosis if You Trusted the Hypnotist?"

Yes. Why? Because I cannot be hypnotised. I tried to quit smoking through Hypnosis and apparently I'm too smart to be hypnotised according to an article I read a while back. *Shrug* who knows, I know Hypnotism works, i've seen it work on people who used to be chain smokers and now they hate smoking with a passion, I just wished it worked wth me

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
You make me want to dig out my video. Haven't watched it for over a decade. I spent two years with this therapist until we finally got around to calling in a hypnotyst, and we accomplished more in a day than we did in the last year. It took me that long to face my childhood.

That is AWESOME..I had a terrible pedophilic experience, so I can truly say I can 'feel' where you are coming from..
It is very cathartic to face and kill those demons...bless you..

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
"Would You Consent to Hypnosis if You Trusted the Hypnotist?"

Yes. Why? Because I cannot be hypnotised. I tried to quit smoking through Hypnosis and apparently I'm too smart to be hypnotised according to an article I read a while back. *Shrug* who knows, I know Hypnotism works, i've seen it work on people who used to be chain smokers and now they hate smoking with a passion, I just wished it worked wth me

That was my reason for going originally, to quit smoking, but all that happened in my trance state caused me to smoke MORE.I do not know any smokers or obese folks who have kicked personally.
Hypnosis does NOT work for addictions such as junkies that I have seen..only temporarily..
I was offered a good paying job for weight control and smoking, but I felt i would be a hypocrite, so I use mine ONLY to help with emotions and experiences..

I bet if you lay down and let me relax you, I promise you will GO...lol

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Originally posted by CelticMist
Hypnotism has always held a fascination for me. I'm convinced that I have lived before but, alas, I've never met a hypnotist that was available to put me "under" and do the regression. If I ever get the chance, consider it a done deal.

Well, I am going to stay on this board unless I get kicked off..LOL
If you are ever close to the South, let me know in advance.
We would have a great times exploring you..

Well, since I already live in the South, maybe I wouldn't have far to go

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Lol, get hypnotized? I don't even like sleeping in the presence of others because I'm afraid i'll talk in my sleep.
If I was going to get hypnotized I'd want it to be somewhat scripted. There's a thing or two that I already remember in as much depth as I care to, and I don't plan on uttering the details to anyone.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Absolutely, especially after clicking the concealed microrecorder in my pocket to the "on" position...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Where in the south do you live??? I'm a resident to florida.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So we will stay in touch then if you are sirius

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Lol, get hypnotized? I don't even like sleeping in the presence of others because I'm afraid i'll talk in my sleep.
If I was going to get hypnotized I'd want it to be somewhat scripted. There's a thing or two that I already remember in as much depth as I care to, and I don't plan on uttering the details to anyone.

There is ~nothing~ you could say that I have not heard before...you would not say if you did not want to..

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Absolutely, especially after clicking the concealed microrecorder in my pocket to the "on" position...

I tape every second of any sessions, so you would have 2 copies..
With your way of thinking, I feel it would be a hoot~~

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

So we will stay in touch then if you are sirius

This is not a problem~Glad to meet you

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xonbrokenwingsx
Where in the south do you live??? I'm a resident to florida.

Next state up, Georgia,,most of the time..

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
img54.echo.cx...

This is the baby I spoke of...

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow--have you stayed in touch with the baby in any way?

Sirisously--what do you think of group hypnosis like the performing Hypnotsys that hypnotyze groups of people. I have a reason for asking

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wow--have you stayed in touch with the baby in any way?

Sirisously--what do you think of group hypnosis like the performing Hypnotsys that hypnotyze groups of people. I have a reason for asking

I have not seen her since she was about 5 y/o.
No, it is against my belief system to those mass hypnosis acts like on TV.
Why do you ask?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
because I volunteered on two different occassions and made myself very open to it but couldn't be hypnotyzed. This was after having been done before. I watched with much interest as the people on stage performed.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

because I volunteered on two different occassions and made myself very open to it but couldn't be hypnotyzed. This was after having been done before. I watched with much interest as the people on stage performed.

I think I know the reason, as you ~know~ how precious your sub-conscious is and you would not let yourself be ridiculed or tripped up.
IMO, staged hypnosis makes it seem like a joke..

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is going to sound a bit weird coming from the Debunkeroo himself, but I'd suggest you google "Dr. Frank Baranowski", an old friend of mine.

Frank was a heavy-duty woo-woo and 'past life regression' hypnotist who, on several occasions, hypnotized both me and a companion separately. In both cases, the other person was excluded from the room, and the entire sessions were recorded on videotape. Frank gave each of us our tape and told us not to discuss what we saw or what we remembered until the other person had already gone through the session; then we were to sit down and watch both videotapes together.

I've always been a skeptic, and I can understand that there are a lot of issues with the subject subconciously tying to 'please' the hypnotist by agreeing with him and remembering only what he wanted to remember, etc.

I am certainly as biased as anyone else, but I figured the videotape and the 'wall' between us two subjects would eliminate at least most of the "halo effect".

Without going into any detail, both my companion and i were extemely shocked at the things that we saw of ourselves and each other on the tape. Neither of us wanted to undergo the regression again, and she had nightmares about it for a long while. Suffice it to say that past life regression is something that I myself wold not dismiss out-of-hand; I simply have no rational explanation of the correlations we both saw.

Of course, such reports and pahenomena are not repeatable, and certainly shouldn't be be considered anything but "anecdotal evidence".

Yet I still cannot rationalize those particular phenomena; and no, I am not someone who has stolen Duncan Kunz AKA "Off_the_Street"'s password and am posting in his name, and no, I still think 'chem-trails' are completely bogus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join