It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Consent to Hypnosis if You Trusted the Hypnotist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sure, but since it is all BS, it won't do anything. All hypnosis is an actor and director goofing off. Director tells the actor what to say/do and the actor does/says it.

Shrink "I am telling you aliens abducted you."
Aliens abducted me.
Shrink "There was a silver light."
Theres a silver light.

Later.... Wow, I can't believe it, I found out aliens abducted me!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
i am a bit of an amatuer hypnotist. ive been hypnotized and ive hypnotized 6 or 7 of my friends. my problem is it takes forever for me to do it. is there a way to tell when they go under? if i could know it would cut down a lot of time. also, what is the next step after they go under? do i continue with visualizations or go straight to suggestion?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have been in hypnosis. But I had the most nerve racking time.

I went to a stage hypnotist. I had nothing better to do. I ended up geting thristy 5 minutes before the show started. So I went and got a soda, got back in my seat, and saw one of my friends. I went over to talk to him. Now while I was talking the kid sitting behind me was shaking my soda. Unfortunatly I didnt know until I opened it and it spilled all over my pants, and he was laghfing his head off. withen 30 seconds the hypnotist called people up on stage. Guss who got picked
. Now to make matters worse the guy I didnt trust that much, my pants were still covered in soda, and I now had to go to the bathroom.

Even with all these misshaps I still think it was a great night and hypnosis is fun actualy.

To top it off I know how to do it even so I half to get the trust thing going

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

www.dhyansanjivani.org...

Personally I believe it's sites like this that give hypnosis a controversial reputation.

Try the link below for credible information on hypnotism:

www.hypnosis.edu...

The Hypnosis Motivation Institute has been training people in hypnotism since 1968. It is a serious school and it is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I had hypnosis done as also past-life regression. I had this done over a course of 6 weeks and the things I was seeing, were I believe stimulated by my imagination. It went through a whole range of non-sense, from aliens to outer-space, the ancient pyramids and beyon - you name it, I saw it. After really, really looking at how ridiculous these all were, proved to me how stupid it seemed. I believe it was, for me anyway, lucid dreams.

I'm not exactly sure what happened to me after all those sessions but I became extrememly ill. I was sick everyday for 3 weeks. I consulted my hynotist, and I was informed that I was just ill. Funny thing is, when I tried to get in contact again my hypnotist was suddenly unavailable...

I must admit I am somewhat skeptikal about the whole thing now. But that doesn't mean it doesn't work. I know lots of people where it has worked wonders.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
eh....why not? It's worth a shot.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I saw a post earlier that said if a hypnotist did not give you the first session free to leave & don't come back--thats pure rubbish. I would contend that if someone wanted to hypnotize you and offered the first session free, then run away--the person is probably not a certified hypnotherapist.

Jestaman - Hypnotherapy works and works rather well. It is certainly possible to plant thoughts in someone's mind when they are in a trance state, it can be done on purpose or by accident, and the person will believe very strongly that the implanted thoughts are their own. That's why a trained hypnotherapist goes to extremes to not suggest anything that could result in erroneous memories/thoughts. Mostly, they implant post-hypnotic suggestions designed to help the person who is being treated eat less, or stop smoking, or change some other behavior pattern the person under treatment has specifically asked them to change.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join