It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backpacks are the root of all evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Backpacks are to blame for all back problems in kids, and: darn it! If we didn't have them, we wouldn't be able to carry as many books. Therefor, we wouldn't have as much homework. Not to mention they don't fit in any sort of locker. One of my backpacks got run over by a car, and i have blamed backpacks for all evil since. Especially all of my back pain!

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reminded me of my Senior year of high school...

I never took any work home... ever... and I never carried a book to class...

I only had 3 books that were needed my Senior year...

English, Geomerty and History... I hid each book in the class room, so it was already there every day when I needed it... I just carried a pen in my pocket and 1 note book of paper... that 's it...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
Backpacks are to blame for all back problems in kids,

Backpacks are indeed evil, on somedays my bag is full to exploding with the amount of stuff I have in it, tell you what when it gets to the day its heaviest on I'll weigh it to show people that we ''folk of school'' are indeed asked to carry stupid weights around with us.

[edit on 4-5-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
my friend has a pack so heavy that when i threw my backpack at his from across the room, it bounced off and failed to knock my friends pack off of his desk. He laughed, but his pack is actually 80lbs. insanely heavy.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As a parent of a teenager, let me say that from perspective, backpacks are indeed evil. It's the primary method for teenagers to transport illegal beers and booze between friends basements and for those "bush bashes" in the park. Damn.....we never had back packs when we were kids. Now we see kids trooping through the neighborhood wearing backpacks and some parents actually believe that the kids are studious....but I KNOW THE TRUTH!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If your at school, then a locker is for the books, if your still schlepping the textbooks around during the day and ignoring the locker its your own fault, they are provided for a reason. Short of a pad of paper for notes and some text books, theres not a whole lot else that should be in your backpack during the school day, so overloading it is again the fault of whomever decided they needed three cd cases, an ipod, and a six-pack of Corona. And before anyone cries the typcical "You dont know man, your not carrying my backpack" I would like to point out I've been through the joke called Highschool and now I'm working on a college education, where you can have 3 or more books per course.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
As a parent of a teenager, let me say that from perspective, backpacks are indeed evil. It's the primary method for teenagers to transport illegal beers and booze between friends basements and for those "bush bashes" in the park.

Would you rather they just carried open bottles around? When the booze is in a backpack, it is hidden from the innocent eyes of impressionable children. I must say I agree, however, that backpacks cause back problems. Throughout my teenage years I gave myself a multitude of booze carrying back injuries and strains.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Scripture actually says that

"For the love of backpacks is the root of all evil, which some have coveted after, and strayed from the faith, and herniated themselves with may slipped discs."

See, packpacks are NOT inherently evil. they are not a curse. It all depends on how we use backpacks. It's the LOVE of them, the love of things, that is evil.

Paul has been misquoted all this time!

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My backpack is very evil. All of my Science books are thick and heavy. Back in high school, we could only go to our lockers in the begining of the day, right before and after lunch and at the end of the day. Any other times, we would get in trouble. I hated that.

But for real, you know what is evil? Those rolling backpacks. They run over my feet and trip me up almost every time I get on the Subway at least once a week on campus. They are just like an extra person riding behind the person wheeling it around. I can't stand them!

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaione
But for real, you know what is evil? Those rolling backpacks. They run over my feet and trip me up almost every time I get on the Subway at least once a week on campus. They are just like an extra person riding behind the person wheeling it around. I can't stand them!

Yes, indeed. Mine is one of those. I always carry it though. It has some sort of hard frame inside of it for the extendo handle. THe frame messed with my back so i ripped it out!

new topics

top topics

join