It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever heard a voice in your head?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If hearing voices is a rare thing that has helped keep you alive, don't look like much of a problem.

As for where they come from, trauma is one way to break ones identity which can let others in. Maybe it was a guardian angle on your shoulder, only stepping in when absolutely required? With how we interact with so many different personalities in the dream world, maybe something leaked through there?

There are others where this is much more of a problem.
edit on 24-5-2024 by kwaka because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Yes

Only around the sleeping stage (hypnagogic) so they can be discounted as musings of the brain. Usually random stuff but sometimes almost personal. Apparently that's 'normal' although I don't rule out being a bit nuts.

Seems to happen once a month or so. The voices are from within the head so ear muffs or anything like that won't stop them.

I've had similar experiences when meditating although that could be the same thing as meditation is naturally relaxing whilst offering near full control over the body if one becomes fully engaged with the process.

I can't claim to know what it's all about, when I hear others talk about this topic 2 things always stand out which is either heightened stress or a sense of pure relaxation. The far ends of a spectrum so to speak, I find that worthy of note especially if others want to replicate the experience.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I have Hypnagogic hallucinations that are caused by my disability. This is where you visually see things as well as have auditory experiences. My personal experience is that several times I have seen/heard words or statements that are far enough outside my worldview that I believe there may be a case made that the information is coming from "elsewhere."

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have not, but my wife had a crazy neighbor crawling in camo near our house who had been convicted of assaulting her and was awaiting sentencing. She grabbed a gun and she swears God told her not to shoot him so she fired in the air. THEN the cops arrested HER and said she should have killed him, as they would have if it were them. She had to drop the criminal offered to drop the charges if she did. Hmmmmm. Cops would have arrested her for shooting him, but the guy was on our property after a conviction.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   

No I haven't heard any voice in my head.

But if anyone hears voices in their head it's time to visit their doctor or psychologist. It's a very worrying sign!

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Kinda? I hear a woman's voice sometimes say like one or two words. Can't usually understand what it is. It is almost a whisper but not quite. Like a low tone. I heard it just today at work say my name very clearly and louder than normal and it is a familiar voice but I can't place it. Maybe my mom (she died). I'm gonna hope for that rather than the possibility that I am nuts. Hehe.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I have ears either side of my head. That is where I usually hear voices.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   

That was an incredible story. Thank you for sharing it.

My wife told me she once heard a voice in her head...while she was alone at work.
The voice said: "You Refresh Me With Your Love".

She said she believed it was The Lord speaking to her.
I believed her.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus

Yes. I have heard such a voice, a command, in my head.
It happened during a UFO abduction experience in 1964 as I was driving on a gravel road in my neighborhood a quarter mile from my home.

Can you post a thread about what you know about our visitors and ourselves or reply to this post? Just whatever you find pertinent to say.
edit on 5/24/2024 by yeahright because: Snip quote check your DMs

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   
once..I was in junior high walking home after skate nite. Turns out there was a creep watching me
I noticed him in his car but all was dark inside. Lets say I was very naive.
A voice inside my head clearly said the word RUN.
And run I did..I ran into the construction area of a new pool addition on the high school so he had to stop and
get out of his car. I snaked my way through the footings to the far end by a soccer field. I peeked
up and he was still standing at the beginning of the footing about 40-50 feet away. I hopped out and
ran full speed across the adjacent soccer field..I was halfway across it before he even realized I
was out of the foundation area and it was too late for him to return to his car or catch me on foot.
There was a small cul de sac at the other end of it and I furiously rang someones doorbell and called my parents

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I was severely crushed under furniture falling from the 2nd story.

Right before they pulled me out...I "saw" a white hand , glowing yellow gold and heard a voice loud and calm. "Stop! Now, is not your time".

It wasn't. I've heard others in times of stress.

God Bless you

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hi

I had an experience last year and it bloody scared me.
Though I put it down to being an alcoholic.

I damaged my back and had to give up work.
Financially I was bloody poor and couldn't afford Alcohol or food.
Very little friends or family and I dont like asking for help.

I went to the food bank got quite a lot ,enough for a me for a week.
(thank you all that donate and work within the food banks).
I had plenty of electric and told myself I will be ok.

For 5 days I ate and drank tea and coffee downloaded films and waited.
Then the voice started.

I was on my computer and I heard "OI"
I looked up and my curtain had a mouth and was talking to me
I shat myself and told myself this cant be real omg.
The curtain kept saying "get that water down you now.
That went on for about an hour and I was very scared.

Then I cracked and stood up looked at the curtain and shouted OH FECKING K
watch this.
I got a pint glass filled it with water and drank it in one go.
I shouted are you happy now, and the curtain said "more".

I spent the next few hours just drinking pints of water.
I was being sick and peeing constantly.
Then I thought Id ring my sister but the curtain wouldnt let me.
So I thought "feck it" im going to my sisters"

I walked through the town center and seen people that I knew but
I knew was impossible and kept saying to myself this isnt real.
At this point im getting scared again and Im walking past a church
and I was thinking Im going to knock the door.
The curtains voice in my head said "dont you dare"

I did knock the door after crossing the road and nearly hit.
No answer.

Anyways, I got back home and curtain still going on
I ignored it and then the voice went away.
This lasted about 15 hours and I was scared.

Its never happend before and i hope it never does again.

Cheers
Uncle D

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: alwaysbeenhere2

Facinating experience. I am so shocked you didn't throw the water on the curtain. Cause "why not?"

Am also beyond shocked people are still tweedling over hearing the occasional random voice in their head. It's 2024 people!! Have you been living under a rock? (ranting in general)

Have had it happen from time to time. One of the better times I was traveling in extreme icing-snow conditions an as I was driving got told by something rather authoritarian "Keep driving, You'll get there safe". On 3 inches of ice I was doubtful. However the voice was insistent, I did reach my destination just fine.
My original thought was, had I pulled off the road I "may have" gotten creamed by a out of control vehicle?

Also have had the random voice yell my name in the middle of the night, or a NHI apparently occasionally deciding to have a conversation while camping. My typical response is "Oh FFS!!! Knock that OFF!!!" Which is why I'd of hosed that curtain with water. Remainig ultra practical keeps things from getting out of hand.

As many people who squeal "the voices scare them!!" when you ask, "Did you tell it to stop? Tell it to piss off?" the answer is NO. (bangs head on keyboard) If you don't say No, you just effectively by omission said YES!!

Now ask yourself.
If a random human decided to talk to you or tell you to do random things would you be scared or just comply?
I think not. Disembodied voices aren't any different than telemarketers.
Remain practical people!!

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You guys only have one voice in your heads?

Those are lightweight, rookie numbers.

We have like 7.

Nah, more like 12.

It's 9 mates.

白痴

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

i grew up with dozens of disembodied 'voices' giving me solice/instruction/attention/company/friendship/and vocabulary...
at 3 i learned English by listening to talk radio/adopted mother/ vinyl records for hours every day , until old enough for kindergarten

life long i hear bells, birds, drum beats, tinkles which develop into orchestral movements...voices in walls or from above or below----- strange sounds from 2-3 y.o. to today @ 76 y.o.

oh... those ink-blots...it takes me Hours to tell the psychiatrist the impression i 'see'

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Its scary at times this life is, depending on situations.
Yours sounds like my attitude of "FFS"

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Ive got 2

Alcohol and that green stuff.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Stand at the cross roads and ask him to appear. He will.... and tell you what you want to hear!

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Heard plenty, both male and female - mostly male.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The voice I heard I ignored. Until it echoed so loudly through my being I had no choice to follow it. If I had not. I doubt I 'd be alive today.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join