It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to really feel old....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Clint Eastwood once said about staying active that 'he did not let the old man in'.. I tried that for many years and kinda believed it might work... 3 years ago I shot a 68 twice on a par 72 golf course in the same month... Now if I shoot under 74 I am having a good day... I still play at least 4 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and sometimes on a Friday or weekend for a tournament)) but keeping the old man out is becoming more and more problematic if not impossible.

The good news is I have had a long, lucky, and happy life, certainly better than many I have known over the years... Kinda sorry to see it coming to an end but, maybe after this life there will be something interesting...If not it will not matter as I will be dead and no more, other than a few memories stored with friends and family; even those will fade with time.. No regrets other than many friends who have passed already.

Dad once said if you live long enough you will be the last one still breathing.. He died at 95 and was the last of 4 brothers and many friends to go.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
a reply to: 727Sky

80? Me? You funny…….
But really, to go back to 20 with the brain I have now.

Oh, Oh, OH…… Watch Out World!!!!
Now how cool would that be?!?!!!

Yea but even that, if I go back to when I was 20, my daughters might not exist. This is exactly what one of them said when we started casually discussing if you could go back would you? Thus the travel back in time paradox, like I told them as we laughed semi-nervously if I went back too far it would be hard to recreate every step so I still got married to thier Mom and we still had both of them. Besides what if thier Mom wasn't absolutely as into me as I was with her this time? She and I might not have ever hooked back up.

Finally, I said I would only go back if I knew they were all gonna exist and be happy. So I could enjoy my trip back to the age of 20 guilt-free.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A long time ago I heard you know you've reached old age when you have to put your bra on one leg at a time. I laughed and laughed!

It's not so funny now. Nor is pinching your nipple in the kitchen drawer.
edit on 600000099America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

edit on 600000099America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
A long time ago I heard you know you've reached old age when you have to put your bra on one leg at a time. I laughed and laughed!

It's not so funny now. Nor is pinching your nipple in the kitchen drawer.

So many of those middle age rites of passage... men have ours too...

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am extremely pitch sensitive and this rendition by the Tokens has a few areas that were not as good (pith wise) as the original but I have to say even old guys can still perform. youtu.be...

I guess I am still affected by a gathering with friends I had yesterday. It is custom for the locals to take pictures of everything to even include what they are about to eat at a restaurant. I did not like what I saw in the pictures taken of me as old age is here..still have my hair and do not need a crutch to get around but still I think it is time to update my Will !youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut

What really hurts is when my Nana would make me fkn nuts when she said, All we have now is our memories.
Well, # me.
I now understand…….OUCH!!!

I've thought that for a long time now. Thinking about the past is much better than thinking about the present or the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Obviously, I'm with you. Look at my current hobby of choice. I practice tae kwon do with kids I could have given birth to. Check that ... I do share classes with my son now. He's old enough.
edit on 10-12-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Nothing like working with wood or stone. Somehow, that kind of labor has an 'honest' feel to it, hard to describe.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join