It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rishi Sunak to announce UK General Election on July 4th?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Tax cut inbound !!!!!.

I guess with the announcement that the inflation rate has fallen to 2% he thinks it's better sooner than later , my heart says vote Reform UK but my head says don't let Starmer and his bunch get in , it's a tough call but in all good conscience I can't vote for this Tory party so I'll likely vote Reform UK.

Labour will win whatever happens. The question is whether it will form a majority government or not.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ernestc

That's what the polls are saying. I can't vote Con and that's from a near lifelong Tory.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Lib Dems are just lame.

I may just scrawl a crudely cartoonist willy and balls on my ballot paper.

My area is way blue so probably academic.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Rwanda was the final straw for me. And there have been a lot of straws.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The question is whether it will form a majority government or not.

And that's another problem , by-election results suggest Labour won't win a majority which will have the Lib Dems sniffing around for another taste of power in another coalition if the outcome goes that way .... a chilling thought.

I won't vote for this government as 1: I think this leader is illegitimate and 2: look at the mess we're in.

Reform may be a protest vote but if enough of us do it and they poll well compared with the Tories the message will have been sent.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... this 4th July date.... sorry.... he knows he's beat so it's HIS Independence Day and he'll bugger off Stateside on the 5th.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Just so long as he buggers off I don't care where.

Rwanda? As he thinks it's so nice?

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The question is whether it will form a majority government or not.

And that's another problem , by-election results suggest Labour won't win a majority which will have the Lib Dems sniffing around for another taste of power in another coalition if the outcome goes that way .... a chilling thought.

I won't vote for this government as 1: I think this leader is illegitimate and 2: look at the mess we're in.

Reform may be a protest vote but if enough of us do it and they poll well compared with the Tories the message will have been sent.

A coalition government could be on the way but not with the Lib-Dems. I am thinking of the SNP and they would make some demands. One of them is a referendum...

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Rishi Sunak General Election announcement.

The announcement starts @34,55 , the rain starts shortly after , the British weather has had its say!

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I am thinking of the SNP and they would make some demands

I doubt John Swinney can undo the damage that has been done to the SNP , not saying they won't win it but I think it likely Labour will take Scotland just as they will England and Wales
edit on 22-5-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I am thinking of the SNP and they would make some demands

I doubt John Swinney can undo the damage that has been done to the SNP , not saying they won't win it but I think it likely Labour will take Scotland just as they will England and Wales

I wouldn't say so and the polls (some caution here) say they are about to win around 40 seats in the next general election. Poll was conducted on February

www.thenational.scot...

Ok they get less seats but I don't think they can get anything less than 32-33 seats.
edit on 22-5-2024 by Ernestc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think The Tories are resigned to losing this General Election.
I also think there's a #storm coming shortly and they know it.....after 14 years of Tory rule, mismanagement and bleeding this country dry they know just how #ed we are.

Labour will win this election and then when the proverbial hits the fan MSM will kick into overdrive blaming anything and everything on Labour and those pinko commie bastards.
Then when the notoriously short memory of the British electorate believes every word of it we'll see The Tories returned for yet another extended stay.

Same old same old.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't think Starmer or his party are good options.....just possibly the least worst option.
A damning indictment on this country and its politics.

I've been pretty open about my incredibly low opinion of the vast majority of our politicians who seem to share similar traits; careerist, populist, egotists who lack any sort of original thought or vision for this country and how to deliver it.

All a shower of #e.
edit on 22/5/24 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

What do you think of the possibility of Labour+SNP + a referendum?

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I anticipate a dark horse candidate, Lord Donaldton of Trumpington.

Count Binface for Prime Minister!

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

At least we don't have long to wait for the only poll that matters.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'd dread it.

SNP are the worst of the lot.....and that says something.

I like our Scottish brethren.....they've suffered enough having the SNP in Holyrood, I'd hate to think they have a large say in that cesspit Westminster.

What an awful choice we all have regardless of what part of the UK we come from.....as I said, all a shower of #e.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Party Support, 22 May 2024

Lab 45%
Con 23%
Ref 11%
Lib 9%
Green 6%
SNP 3%

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'll just make a note of you?

"Pissed off and fed up with the lot of them"?

Agreed.

The SNP are toast. Once again, Scotland will give us a Labour Government.

Would the last person to leave the country please turn the lights out?

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Nigel Farage says he'll consider his position overnight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join