It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Arizona AG Says She Will Not Enforce 1864 Law Banning Most Abortions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I would love to know how the First Amendment covers Abortion!

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

LOL
Last I checked there is no mention of fetal rights anywhere in the US Constitution, and the 14th Amendment makes it pretty clear that a person has to be born in order to qualify to be equally protected under the law.

Food is not a right.

The access to food, water and shelter are inalienable human rights. As are pooping, peeing, throwing up, sweating, bleeding, aborting, birthing, ejaculating and sneezing.
edit on 1520242024k42America/Chicago2024-04-12T14:42:15-05:0002pm2024-04-12T14:42:15-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Antidoppleganger2

Abortion isn't a right enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.

“The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”
The 9th Amendment

That in no way shape or form invalidates, contests, or runs adjacent to my statement.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antidoppleganger2

“The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”
The 9th Amendment

That in no way shape or form invalidates, contests, or runs adjacent to my statement.

Yes, it does, in every way, shape and form!

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The 9th Amendment

Do explain. You responded with a non-sequitur quote.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: network dude

There's nothing in the SCOTUS ruling that would prohibit Congress from passing a national ban. All it did was vacate Roe.

There is exactly a 0% chance of that ever being passed in the Senate.

It's DOA.

Hell, it's DBA - Dead Before Arrival.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

a reply to: sine.nomine

Do you deny there are Christians in this country that are working to turn us into a Christian theocracy?

What does that have to do with the price of bread?

Deflect much?

Not working by the way...

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

a reply to: MrGashler

There is no right to abortion.

Of course there is. It's just about as an inalienable a right as having sex and eating.

And, every time abortion has been on the ballot since the constitutional right was ripped from women with the religiously based Dobbs decision, abortion rights win. The people choose to protect the right to abortion every time!

I'm with Sookie on this one.

I absolutely believe in a woman's right to choose. I wish they would have made a better choice before conception - like using birth control - but you can't put that particular toothpaste back into the tube so here we are.

At the end of the day, each woman has the right to make the choice for herself. Period.

My opinion.

edit on 4/12/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The 9th Amendment

Do explain. You responded with a non-sequitur quote.

You said "Abortion isn't a right enshrined in the U.S. Constitution. " You're wrong. Abortion is enshrined in the 9th Amendment. It's also enshrined in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 13th and the 14 Amendments.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

The current Senate, yes. A future Republican majority Senate, no.

Which is why the GOP will lose seats in this election.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What does the price of bread have to do with abortion laws?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

There's nothing in the SCOTUS ruling that would prohibit Congress from passing a national ban. All it did was vacate Roe.

There is exactly a 0% chance of that ever being passed in the Senate.

It's DOA.

Hell, it's DBA - Dead Before Arrival.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Faith & Freedom Coalition had a conference in D.C. last year laid out a clear path for the GOP to do such a thing going forward.
Same with the Heritage Foundation.
Try to keep up because they will push for it mark my words. They have already doubled down and won't turn back. The GOP are a stubborn bunch and that is their Achilles heel.
If you can't see the writing on the wall then...ok

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSemiskepticII

Off the top of my head, it violates the Establishment Clause.

For example, Jewish tenets state that life does not begin until the first breath is taken and that the health of the mother takes precedence.

By outlawing abortion based on the Christian belief that life begins at conception, you are denying Jewish women their religious beliefs.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Im right, you're wrong, now do what I say.

That's what this thread boils down to.

What's the point?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: budzprime69

Try to keep up because they will push for it mark my words. They have already doubled down and won't turn back. The GOP are a stubborn bunch and that is their Achilles heel.

Keep up?

Dude, I left you at the starting gate intellectually and the race is already over, you just don't know it yet.

Your mind just can't comprehend or move that quickly. But it's OK. Take your time.

We'll be here....solving the next problem.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Calling women 'baby killers' isn't helping the GOP cause.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   

That's not true the Supreme Court decided that abortion is not something the federal government has the right to regulate and instead said that right belongs to the state.

So effective the Supreme Court said the federal government has no control over abortion. And yet people fear monger saying things like we know what they really want. Well even if they wish really hard it can't happen

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That's not true the Supreme Court decided that abortion is not something the federal government has the right to regulate and instead said that right belongs to the state.

The Roe ruling did NOT place abortion regulations in the hands of the Federal Government. The ruling kept the States and the Feds out of the decision until fetal viability, when, according to Roe, the States interest in preserving life outweighs a woman's right to privacy.

The Federal Government never had control over abortion, except for its obligation to protect the right.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 03:07 AM
link   

What are you talking about man?
I gave you clear evidence that completely contradicts your argument. Others here have also plainly pointed out your delusions.
If you find my take on it somehow unfathomable then please point to a large venue of the right not getting together and advocating for such a thing when the subject is approached.
I'll wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join