It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Arizona AG Says She Will Not Enforce 1864 Law Banning Most Abortions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
If you think these people won't get far then you're blinded yourself to the fact that they've already been elected to some of the highest positions in the country.

The fundamentalist Christians and the Sharia Muslims won't get far. They get into positions that they can do damage, but all in all it's not much ... the worst damage is being done by the brain dead far left ninnies who have saturated the country with DEI and LGBTQ ideology.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
a reply to: sine.nomine

Of course I realize this, it's what I'm saying! The uniparty, or deep state, or whatever label we want to give it, exists to serve it's own interest, which appears to be a) getting rich and b) destroying the traditional idea of America, and they will maintain this status quo, by any means necessary, or so it seems to me and apparently, many others.

Trump crashes their (uni)party so "the sysetem" goes to work, doing whatever it takes, to keep him out.

That's a conspiracy!

Checks and balances are a myth. Our vote counting is a myth. Getting rich I can wrap my head around, but destroying traditional values and selling out to globalism, I can't figure that out. "Why" remains a mystery to me.

It is as if the entire world power structure is being blackmailed to do the opposite of anything "common sense" these days. As if some powerful entity has "the goods" on everyone in a position of power, be it corporate or government, and is pulling all the strings and coordinating all the clown world bullsnip going on today. But who could possibly have that kind of info on everyone *coughGooglecough* ?

Plausible, no? It's a good plot for a book, at the very least.

But, after all, this is all just my opinion, man, based on my potentially flawed interpretation of what I observe.

Whatever is going on, fellow forum member, I'm on YOUR side, and most everyone else who contributes here, left or right.

One thing for sure is "We are all in this together" whether we like it or not.

Loud and clear on my end.

Think of it this way, if they can't figure out how to solve smash-and-grab robberies, or regular CVS robberies, think of the power you have with like-minded individuals for good in your community. We need to spread that old school American spirit out and make America home again.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

But they're not stupid people, they must KNOW this only hurts GOP, and thus indirectly, CN interests. What's so special about "this moment" that they're willing to hand victory to "the enemy" for a temporary round of applause, the only "capital" I can see coming from this, temporary because it's going to get shot down or not enforced, from Christians?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I'm a huge supporter of states rights and support what the people vote for in their respective state. I do have much family that still lives there and I was born there and have many friends there. So I get a giid taste of all things Arizona and views from the hard right and center. Very few liberals in Arizona. And trust me from a strategic standing....the GOP just shot themselves in the foot.
And if you think for a second Trump wouldn't over step states rights.....then you haven't been paying attention.
As for the Pride thing...ya it has gone way too far and will create an even bigger issue a few years from now when the full effects of that thing. And Pride was not a left thing, it was a gay thing and the right absolutely despises the gays so naturally the left jumped in to defend just as the right jumps in on other issues. But religion and sexual presence is NOT political so the whole thing is just dumb.
But supporting Pride doesn't loose elections, but taking away abortion rights does.....see what happened here?

edit on 12-4-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: budzprime69

Well, now I've seen that I've misinterpreted your original post. So let me take a step back and respond.

I agree Arizona has gone too far too quickly. Trump has outright said the same thing. Trump is not an elected official and has no say in Arizona law, so I fail to see the relevance there.

The GOP is in a constant state of shooting themselves in the foot. Some kind of nerve damage in the shooting arm there. Trump is oddly the most moderate and sane candidate they have, and, n my opinion, in the race in general. And that's a good thing. We need a healthy moderate.

But again, Arizona law needs to be worked out in Arizona courts, and I'm sure that will happen very soon.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Once again, actual legislation is getting passed that is furthering the cause of Christian Nationalists. There's not much more they can achieve.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tjack

They've got a narrow window where they have a friendly SCOTUS and a Congress they know won't codify Roe.

Why would they not take their shot now when all of that could easily change in the next election?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Once again, actual legislation is getting passed that is furthering the cause of Christian Nationalists. There's not much more they can achieve.

Not much more they can achieve? Really? They have achieved practically nothing. There is a whole lot more they could be achieving if they were actually a real threat to take over. They obviously aren't.

using your words -

Once again, actual legislation is getting passed that is furthering the cause of the far left Anti-Americans. There's not much more they can achieve. DEI, Wokeism, LGBTQ Ideology, lazy GenZ mentality, etc etc .... they have saturated this country with their far left garbage that is destroying us in every sector. THOSE are the morons you should be worried about.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The law was worked out in Arizona courts. It was Arizona's Supreme Court that ruled the law is valid.

This is the law in Arizona. When given a chance to repeal it, the GOP majority Arizona legislature voted against it.

They've made their bed and now it's going to cost them the state.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

Again, since I never got a proper/direct response, have you ever found yourself in fear of Christians?
If there's nothing for these boogeymen to achieve, then why are they so prevalent in your mind?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Do you deny there are Christians in this country that are working to turn us into a Christian theocracy?

WHAT! Who are these Christians in this country that are working to turn us into a Christian theocracy?

The New Crusades !!!!! 💥

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The law was worked out in Arizona courts. It was Arizona's Supreme Court that ruled the law is valid.

This is the law in Arizona. When given a chance to repeal it, the GOP majority Arizona legislature voted against it.

They've made their bed and now it's going to cost them the state.

That just doesn't seem fair, does it? I was gonna give 200 examples of this hypocrisy (of your assumed injustice), but it seems like everyone would get it.
edit on 12-4-2024 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'm very afraid of people like Mike Johnson having power and using it to turn my daughter into a second-class citizen whose only purpose in life is to pump out babies.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   
He's an idiot. But the balance of power in the government keeps him in check.
He can't do anything unless the House and Senate all agree with him.
Everyone has someone else having to agree with them in order to get things done.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I'm very afraid of people like Mike Johnson having power and using it to turn my daughter into a second-class citizen whose only purpose in life is to pump out babies.

How has Johnson displayed that? Or is this just a biased observation with clouds. ♾️

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I don’t understand what Speaker Johnson has to do with any woman keeping her legs closed.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's quite amazing how little people seem to understand about the SCOTUS ruling. it didn't ban abortions, or remove any rights, it simply removed the Federal Government from the process, as the COTUS has no mention of it, and shouldn't be involved. It belongs to the states.

False. Wrong. This is not true.

In 1973 SCOTUS found that the 14th Amendment was implicit in a woman's right to privacy when it comes to abortion, and that abortion was a protected constitutional right. It didn't belong to the Federal Government, nor did it belong to the states, until fetal viability. It's a right that belongs to The People.

In 2022 SCOTUS reversed its opinion that a woman has an implicit right to privacy when it comes to abortion. The Court's ruling, therefore, removed a constitutional right to privacy from women (The People) when it comes to decisions regarding her pregnancy. Scotus took that right from "THE PEOPLE" and handed it to the states' legislators.

Legislation, like the Arizona law was the reason Roe v Wade was successfully brought forward in the first place.

edit on 5520242024k03America/Chicago2024-04-12T10:03:55-05:0010am2024-04-12T10:03:55-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

All Roe did was take bits and pieces of multiple amendments and tried to jury rig a right to abortion out of them.
Roe actually set back ‘abortion rights’ decades.
Feminist god RGB would agree and also that the states should have the power to legislate.

It’s back in the states hands now where it always should have been.
Trump and RGB on the same page now.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Roe actually set back ‘abortion rights’ decades.

LOL
No it didn't. Don't try to gaslight us.

RGB would agree and also that the states should have the power to legislate.

Just like states have the right to legislate around 2nd Amendment rights, or any other right.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

“My criticism of Roe is that it seemed to have stopped the momentum on the side of change,” Ginsburg said. She would’ve preferred that abortion rights be secured more gradually, in a process that included state legislatures and the courts, she added.

"Doctrinal limbs too swiftly shaped...may prove unstable." -RGB

Moderate voters are going to appreciate Trumps stance on abortion.
RGB approved 👍

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join