It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense Gun Legislation

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

That his opinion, we are all entitles to them.

Everyhting else in that is a nothingburger.

We already have background checks to buy a gun

National and state level age restrictions are already in place, most of these school shooters were also under the age of 18. so how is raising the age going to help anything there?

I agree, guns are not supposed to just be laying around in the open. But there is no enforcement that can be done on that without violating other rights.

Most people want to ban that big bad black rifle, the AR15. Even though it is not what is used in most shootings. 56% or more shootings are done with a handgun, not a rifle.

And this all keeps going back to the thing that all of us that know more than what the media tells you about guns have bene saying, MENTAL HEALTH IS THE PROBLEM. Not the guns

That one guy's opinion from his extensive training is the opinion that matters most regarding ordinary armed people rushing into an active shooting scenario, IMO.

Of course mental health is the problem, but so are red flag laws being ignored and having more guns around kids where accidents can happen. Anyway, I'll leave you to your thread as I've said what I wanted to say.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Studying is not training, big difference

There have already been rulings on red flag laws being unconstitutional. They are not being ignored, they are being removed., and rightfully so

Bye bye

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   
First problem with armed teachers is the cops.

The cops seeing an armed adult will shoot that person.

People defending their own homes have been shot by responding cops

if someone breaks into my home i am going to shoot the bad guy first then after the problem is taken care if then i will call the cops so thy can bring a body bag.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: anned1

That is why in the bill it is specified that the school admin and police will know who is armed and who is not, but nobody else will get that info to protect the teachers.

But, at the same time, a good portion of the time the shooters are not adults. If the police know they re looking for a kid, they will more than likely not shoot a teacher that is defending their won students.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
gun-bullet alternative is the Non-Lethal BYRNA product ... looks like a Glock but launches kinetic balls/or chemical pods to disable bad actors

...but smart people have glock or Taurus pistol as backup... the BYRNA kit is about $400 for all items needed for protection
i dont sell Byrna, i only suggest a look-see at the system @ byrna.com

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: StudioNada

Sorry to say, but the only way to deal with a lethal threat is with lethal force.

If you were to disable an active shooter with this and they got arrested, they would plead insanity at their hearing and everything would get thrown out and they would be right aback out on the street where they could do it again.

The only way to make sure the threat is eliminated is to make sure they never take another breathe.

Non-lethal force has it's time and place but an active shooter scenario is not that time or place.

<< 11  12  13   >>

join