It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense Gun Legislation

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

You have no idea what I know

Again, %20 is not "most teachers". Basic math really isn't your strong suite

I have asked you several times to share your links of protests and you have not been able to do that. You ignore and move on to other goalpost moving arguments.

I am still waiting to see these "protests"

One in 5 teachers surveyed about school safety by the nonprofit, nonpartisan RAND Corp. said they feel schools would be safer if teachers were allowed to be armed. The majority, 54%, thought schools would be made less safe if teachers could carry, and another 26% said they didn't think it would make a difference in school safety.

www.bing.com...

What's that about math again?

Google the Tennessee news and get informed.

link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
... having armed teachers learn how to shoot straight in a wild western shoot 'em up scenario where the good guy aways wins.

My God you are tiresome.

Everyone here has said background checks, mental health checks, range training multiple times a year, safety training for the weapon, other training as needed - but not tactical cop training. Teachers are not cops and don't need to be trained at that level. Yet you go to the loaded langauge of 'wild west shoot 'em ups' etc etc.

As I said before, if I still had my child in school I'd be VERY happy to have certified armed teachers in her classroom. What is painfully obvious is that far left anti-gun twits would try to ruin that extra level of safety that could be in place. Shame on them.

link   

legislators more or less ALWAYS have no idea what they're talking about. There's a reason they're legislators and not, say, tactical trainers.
Police trainers are saying it won't be enough, but they're the ones giving the police the inadequate amount of training they receive? And these are the people you're pointing to as your appeal to authority?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

nvm

you are not worth anymore of my time with your back and forth, goalpost moving and endless nonsensical bs
edit on 12-4-2024 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

legislators more or less ALWAYS have no idea what they're talking about. There's a reason they're legislators and not, say, tactical trainers.
Police trainers are saying it won't be enough, but they're the ones giving the police the inadequate amount of training they receive? And these are the people you're pointing to as your appeal to authority?

Where are your sources/facts that police receive an inadequate amount of training?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You keep changing your sources bud, you really have no idea what you are doing do you?

Again with the claims and refusing to provide links to your own claims.

You are a joke, you should really think about getting some help

I provided all sources/facts to all the claims I made, you and others just ignore them, so onward and upward, for me anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Except the missing links to all of these protests you say are going on in Tennessee

Regardless, I am done wasting my time on you and your bs biased narrative

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

nvm

you are not worth anymore of my time with your back and forth, goalpost moving and endless nonsensical bs

He's just here to troll. Completely incapable of rational discussion.

link   

Except the missing links to all of these protests you say are going on in Tennessee

Regardless, I am done wasting my time on you and your bs biased narrative

I'm done telling you to google Tennessee news too, because if you did it would be smack dab staring you in the face.

link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Believe me, I am more than well aware of that.

Goalpost mover of the year award goes to them

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I am not the ones making bogus claims and then refusing to prove them.

Burden of proof is on the one making the claims, not the ones asking to see the same things the claimer is

have fun in your dream land of magic bulletproof everything

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Believe me, I am more than well aware of that.

Goalpost mover of the year award goes to them

And tightening the blinders award goes to you and some others here.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Doesn't take removing the blinders to see what you are

Feel free to leave my thread at anytime buddy, you really have nothing real to say here anyways you only came here to be a troll and follow me around

I posted important information for those who wish to know the truth and that truth is that only arming teachers without employing other safety measure is rejected by many different types people and authorities for various reasons and that is my last word on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Not sure why I have to keep reminding you that you are not a Tennessee legislature, you don't know anything about what they have going on in regards to this.

I am so glad that one school in Alabama decided to spend $50k+ on an experimental thing that may or may not do anything to help.

If that is your last word I guess you will be leaving this thread now, I will hold you to that, good riddance.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
...only arming teachers without employing other safety measure...

FFS!! 13 pages of people saying background checks, range training, other training, mental health testing, etc etc ... and you are still yapping that people aren't talking about 'safety measures' and you are still yapping about teachers shooting up things 'like the wild west'.

Gawd. F'n stupid.

I'm done. /OUT
edit on 4/12/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Not sure why I have to keep reminding you that you are not a Tennessee legislature, you don't know anything about what they have going on in regards to this.

I am so glad that one school in Alabama decided to spend $50k+ on an experimental thing that may or may not do anything to help.

If that is your last word I guess you will be leaving this thread now, I will hold you to that, good riddance.

Absolutely good riddance to closed mindedness and a lack of caring for the safety and wellbeing of kids and staff in schools.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So you really are a liar? It's okay, we all knew it

There is no "closed mindedness" going on here. We all looked at your experimental "bulletproof wall" idea. That is putting a band aid on a bullet hole, no pun intended. You just refuse to see past the idea that it keeps guns out of the hands of people that are willing to use them and die fighting to save your kids.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So you really are a liar? It's okay, we all knew it

There is no "closed mindedness" going on here. We all looked at your experimental "bulletproof wall" idea. That is putting a band aid on a bullet hole, no pun intended. You just refuse to see past the idea that it keeps guns out of the hands of people that are willing to use them and die fighting to save your kids.

One more from people who know their stuff, this time read it because it far more involved than you want to believe.

It's not a good idea to arm teachers
There's broad consensus that arming teachers is not a good policy. That's according to Matthew Mayer, a professor at Rutgers Graduate School of Education. He's been studying school violence since before Columbine, and he's part of a group of researchers who have published several position papers about why school shootings happen.

www.npr.org...

Last one and done.

As a former staff operations officer at the CIA and former FBI special agent, I have undergone extensive training and am confident in my ability to run toward a violent situation, rather than away from it. But asking teachers to carry weapons and assuming they will be prepared for such a situation is risky. My training was rife with high-pressure scenarios, to work on a phenomenon known as “fear extinction.” This is where you learn to lower your fear response after multiple exposures to a stimulus. To dampen the pre-conditioned fear response to an active shooter scenario would require working with teachers on a case-by-case basis.

A 2017 Pew Research poll found that 45 percent of Americans surveyed supported arming teachers. To me, it’s an alarmingly high statistic that indicates many people think carrying a gun and facing an active shooter is easy. But consider this: Roughly 75 percent of recruits reportedly drop out of Navy SEALS training because they cannot adopt a “survival mindset” and are not mentally prepared for the emotional and physical stress of training. Essentially, they are unsuccessful at fear extinction.

Those who support arming teachers do so partly because society tends to measure adeptness or proficiency in tangible ways. In weapons training, this would equate to how well you can hit a target and/or how fast you can unload your weapon. I do not doubt that if adeptness truly were measured this way, many teachers could be armed. But that fails to take into account the necessary emotional and psychological mindset that comes with being armed and being thrust into an active shooter situation.

A quick calculation of my hours spent at CIA and FBI training academies works out to 2,350 and 1,904 hours, respectively — or 4,254 hours of combined training in weapons-handling, fear extinction and situational awareness.

Teachers training will run only 40 hours.

thehill.com...
edit on q00000057430America/Chicago5454America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

That his opinion, we are all entitles to them.

Everyhting else in that is a nothingburger.

We already have background checks to buy a gun

National and state level age restrictions are already in place, most of these school shooters were also under the age of 18. so how is raising the age going to help anything there?

I agree, guns are not supposed to just be laying around in the open. But there is no enforcement that can be done on that without violating other rights.

Most people want to ban that big bad black rifle, the AR15. Even though it is not what is used in most shootings. 56% or more shootings are done with a handgun, not a rifle.

And this all keeps going back to the thing that all of us that know more than what the media tells you about guns have bene saying, MENTAL HEALTH IS THE PROBLEM. Not the guns

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join