It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EARTHQUAKE NOW! Feeling it here in WIlmington DE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone44
How common is this ?

Last one we felt here in WIlmington DE was 2011 .. it was a 5.9 or so epicenter in Virginia.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
TV News reporting this was felt from Boston all the way to Baltimore.
That's the entire 'megalopolis'.

FOX NEWS

New Jersey and New York residents felt the earth move Friday morning as a small earthquake was reported by the U.S. Geological Survey.

The earthquake measured at least 4.8 magnitude, according to USGS. The measurement may change as the earthquake is investigated.

"A 4.8 magnitude earthquake hit New Jersey and was felt in parts of Pennsylvania," New Jersey Gov. Josh Shapiro said in a statement. "My team and @PEMAHQ are actively monitoring the situation and in contact with counties on any damage. We will keep Pennsylvanians updated."

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

USGS shows it as a 4.8

earthquake.usgs.gov...,-75.6752&extent=41.11764,-73.57544

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Roma1927
I was thinking if this was just the opening act for the eclipse on Monday myself, lol.

Yeah ... this is going to be something conspiracy people can chew on for a while!!
It went through my head as the house was rocking.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

no wonder!

in la, i was sleeping on the ground, i had moved into my friends apartment, no bed yet. so i woke up to shuffling.
today was so much banging. my cat looked at me, and i thought ok buddy we are about to get out of here if it dont stop lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well, there was that one person here that pointed to the New Madrid earthquake of 1812 happened after two full eclipses occurred in the US, and they were predicting one this time around. So maybe?

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Wow, East Coast earthquakes travel far. The shake maps are insane.

To feel a 4.8 as MMI III or MMI IV at 500 km away is absolutely insane. 10 times further than Western US/Alaska quakes. Older rock not broken by active faulting translates to crazy intensity distances.

edit on 5-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Well, there was that one person here that pointed to the New Madrid earthquake of 1812 happened after two full eclipses occurred in the US, and they were predicting one this time around. So maybe?

You can predict an earthquake like this happens every day, because they happen every day. It's almost as reliable as predicting that the sun will come up.
edit on 5-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

As I learned with the quake in VA a while back that did all that damage on DC...the bedrock on the east coast is different than the west. It its closer to the surface and is one solid piece basically. So smaller quakes...the one I was in was only 5.3 I think...feel way stronger and are felt much further away then in most places in the US.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

You can predict an earthquake like this happens every day, because they happen every day. It's almost as reliable as predicting that the sun will come up.

Oh so it's on. You're saying that the sun, that big ball of candles up in the sky, will show up tomorrow? Like after it's all burnt out today and the night incases the Earth? Yeah right you conspiracy nut.

Ok, now that that is over with. I think the person was trying to say that an Earthquake was going to happen in the area where the eclipse was viewable. I get what you're saying though, and it's true. Just like how a person can predict that a major airline will have an issue this weekend that puts peoples live at risk. In fact one can even predict this event even deeper by claiming that the airline will use the color blue and will be flying from East to the West. Fake predictions are all to easy to do, and yes this eclipse/earthquake is right up there with my airline prediction.

I'm just saying that if a conspiracy minded person wants to deep dive, then they have a good starting point with the events surrounding the New Madrid earthquake from the 1800s.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   
dutchsince made video allready

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So since your thread about earthquakes maybe linked to the eclipse,we have seen one in Taiwan,One in Japan and now this one in the US
And still 3 days until the eclipse..
Hope Mexico doesn't get one-my bro has just landed there to watch the eclipse from Tenochtitlan.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

As I learned with the quake in VA a while back that did all that damage on DC...the bedrock on the east coast is different than the west. It its closer to the surface and is one solid piece basically. So smaller quakes...the one I was in was only 5.3 I think...feel way stronger and are felt much further away then in most places in the US.

For sure the same magnitude can feel different in different places. It can even feel different in the same place, if it happens at a different depth.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Ok, now that that is over with. I think the person was trying to say that an Earthquake was going to happen in the area where the eclipse was viewable.

Yeah even that isn't all that unlikely, since these kind of earthquakes happen several times a day, on average, and eclipses are visible over such a large area.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun to think about. I appreciate your reasonable response. It seems unlikely I'm gonna get many of those in this thread.

edit on 5-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Watching the reports now.
Thankfully it wasn’t very big

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am in SE Michigan and about 10 minutes before the news alerts started coming in on my phone and iPad about the earthquake, our parrot started squawking in his cage.

His cage was covered with blankets and we usually uncover him and get him up around 11AM every day.
Normally he is quiet as a mouse when the cage is covered unless something startles him.

Not saying it was the earthquake but it was odd.
edit on 5-4-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am in SE Michigan and about 10 minutes before the news alerts started coming in on my phone and iPad about the earthquake, our parrot started squawking in his cage.

I'll believe that is related to the earthquake way before I'll believe the eclipse is related to it.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Yeah. I saw that Georgia felt it lightly in some places.
Over 1k miles away.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
New Jersey and NYC Airports are on ground stop.
They have to check runways before anyone can land or take off.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
dutchsince forecast mentioned , South carolina and North Carolina , and again West coast and East coast if i got it right .

So there will be more .
edit on 5-4-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join