It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Democrats warn Biden against politicizing abortion ballot effort

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Democrats in Florida are not happy with the Biden administration turning the Abortion debt into a politicized wedge issue in the hopes of holding onto the presidency.

Just as with genocide Joe's continued support for Israel is hurting the party and its ideals in states like Michigan. Will Joe Biden's lackluster and lazy campaign strategy based on divisiveness and wedge issues hurt party ideals in Florida over the Abortion issue?

In a state with a Republican majority the liberals will need to build a coalition that includes the Republicans if they wish the future ballot measure over abortion to pass. Does Joe have blinders on? Can he truly only see one man in front of him?

Florida Democrats warn Biden against politicizing abortion ballot effort

Florida Democrats, fearing politicization will sink a November ballot measure protecting abortion, are warning President Joe Biden’s campaign not to alienate Republicans.

“I wish they hadn’t,” state Rep. Anna Eskamani, an Orlando Democrat who previously worked for Planned Parenthood, said of the various efforts the Biden campaign was now putting into Florida.

“I would expect them to support the initiative, but letting locals lead on this is smart,” she added, saying that she was concerned using the issue to boost Democratic candidates — instead of creating a “multi-partisan effort” — would result in abortion remaining largely illegal in Florida.

Politico

edit on 3-4-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm sure Andrew Gillum can advise them as a role model. 😀

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I'm sure Andrew Gillum can advise them as a role model. 😀

Is he out of prison yet? Debbie Wasserman Schultz was trying to fill his shoes.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Joe Biden was against abortion before 2008.. and then Barack Obama told him most abortions occurred with black and Hispanic mothers.

Suddenly Joe Biden became a rabid pro-abortionist.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Dems can't just sit on their hands. This will be the best chance they have to flip Florida.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm thinking the way to resolve the abortion discussion in this country is to leave it all solely up to people who have a uterus.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Joe's support for Israel would actually boost his numbers, no real Americans support the Palestinian people who brought Hamas to power.(Yes, I am calling you not American if support Palestine.) You don't get to "drop in" rape, pillage take hostages and get to walk away with peace treaties and equality. Palestinians f-up, now they get what they get.
edit on 3-4-2024 by some_stupid_name because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
States can’t keep Trump off the ballot, but Congress can offer legislation that Trump is an insurrectionist and should be kept off the ballot. Congress has the power to ammend the 14th, section five to keep Trump off the ballot, and so far the SCOTUS hasn't been too favorable to Trump so there's a good chance it would stand.
All it would take is one more Republican to resign before term end to give Democrats the majority. The uniparty is committed to BAMN.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: some_stupid_name

Joe's support for Israel would actually boost his numbers, no real Americans support the Palestinian people who brought Hamas to power.(Yes, I am calling you not American if support Palestine.) You don't get to "drop in" rape, pillage take hostages and get to walk away with peace treaties and equality. Palestinians f-up, now they get what they get.

Well said! Elect crazy leaders then expect to suffer. Like the Palestinians, Americans put nut jobs in charge 3 years ago.

edit on 342024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: aa3275

I agree. Individual responsibility. Educate, then turn them loose to make their own decisions, like Jesus did.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: aa3275

I'm thinking the way to resolve the abortion discussion in this country is to leave it all solely up to people who have a uterus.

Is that like the way to resolve the illegal drug discussion in this country is to leave it all solely up to people who have a drug using problem? 😃

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
States can’t keep Trump off the ballot, but Congress can offer legislation that Trump is an insurrectionist and should be kept off the ballot. Congress has the power to ammend the 14th, section five to keep Trump off the ballot, and so far the SCOTUS hasn't been too favorable to Trump so there's a good chance it would stand.
All it would take is one more Republican to resign before term end to give Democrats the majority. The uniparty is committed to BAMN.

An Amendment to The 14th might require State Ratification? 😬

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Dems can't just sit on their hands. This will be the best chance they have to flip Florida.

LoL
Florida is now redder than Texas.
Dems should send rapper extraordinaire Jeffries and that sickly looking wassershultz to Wisconsin.
They took a nice hit recently, flipping blue mayors red, saying no to private election funding like Zuckerberg throwing hundreds of millions at it.
Wisconsin will go red again and dems will be scratching their heads wishing they weren’t wasting their time in Florida.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The individual who has a uterus.

It is no one else's business.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Good idea!
Let’s ask those poor little girls who were aborted what they think about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Dems have plenty of coverage in Wisconsin. On last count Biden's campaign had 13 offices there. Trump has zero.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: Vermilion

Dems have plenty of coverage in Wisconsin. On last count Biden's campaign had 13 offices there. Trump has zero.

Trump is polling better than ever there currently.
Even better than when he won it in ‘16.
He was down 6 1/2 points in 2016, now he’s slightly up a point.
Dems acting desperate in the wrong state.

They are trying to make abortion the issue but it’s not even top 5 with most voters.
They’re slipping.
edit on 3-4-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think this is a good indication of the GOPs political future. The irony is that they brought it on themselves.

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 3-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What if Women start using abortion for economic reasons only? (like many do now) Is that "medically" necessary OK ? 💥

And if abortion is to be funded publicly, why would that make it all "no one else's business", especially if payoffs and theft get involved? 😉

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I disagree because it takes 2 to tango and if the father is willing to take full custody I think the abortion option should be off the table unless of coarse threat to mothers life or rape.
edit on 3-4-2024 by some_stupid_name because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join