It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Democrats warn Biden against politicizing abortion ballot effort

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Yggdrasiljuice

originally posted by: aa3275
a reply to: Dandandat3

I'm thinking the way to resolve the abortion discussion in this country is to leave it all solely up to people who have a uterus.

I'm thinking the only way to resolve the issue with the second amendment to leave it solely up to the people who own guns...

Stand Your Ground laws have made that happen.
Self defense laws are usually based on feelz and perception, rather than an actual factual threat.

No. There's been events before stand your ground laws.🤓

Self Defense laws help innocent people stay alive. 😃

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm thinking the way to resolve the abortion discussion in this country is to leave it all solely up to people who have a uterus.

And we leave all military issues up to service (wo)men?

And all immigration issues up to first generation immigrants?

And all criminal justice reform up to criminals?

And all gun control issues up to gun owners?

And all presidential elections up to past presidents?

And ect ect ect

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: xuenchen

The individual who has a uterus.

It is no one else's business.

What if Women start using abortion for economic reasons only? (like many do now) Is that "medically" necessary OK ? 💥

And if abortion is to be funded publicly, why would that make it all "no one else's business", especially if payoffs and theft get involved? 😉

Their body.

Procreation is a biological mechanism that all mammals do. It is not special.

I'm all for free government abortion.

Churches aren't taxed. I'm paying for the church down the street.

You’re going to fund my 2nd amendment rights too? Sweet

The 2nd Amendment that no one really knows what it means?

But the NRA was allowed to re-write? That one?

Start a separate thread.

This thread isn't about the right to an abortion.

This thread is about Joe Biden using the issue of abortion as a wedge issue to win an election in a state were top Democrats would rather he not interject because it hurts their chances to win on a ballot measure.

But as always when the word "abortion" is stated it turns to a pissing match about rights that inevitably brings in the second amendment and than other supposed rights either in or not in the constitution.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

What if Women start using abortion for economic reasons only? (like many do now) Is that "medically" necessary OK ? 💥

And if abortion is to be funded publicly, why would that make it all "no one else's business", especially if payoffs and theft get involved? 😉

Their body.

Start a separate thread.

This thread is about Joe Biden using the issue of abortion as a wedge issue to win an election in a state were top Democrats would rather he not interject because it hurts their chances to win on a ballot measure.

Who made it a huge issue in the first place?

Who stuck their nose where it doesn't belong?

RW Christians.

GO!!! BIDEN

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nebraska Dem Senator Mike McDonald just Switched Party Affiliation to Republican Over his PRO LIFE Stance after being Censured by the Democrat Party . The Hail Mary Abortion Pass by the Dems is Failing Miserably .

www.wowt.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Nebraska Dem Senator Mike McDonald just Switched Party Affiliation to Republican Over his PRO LIFE Stance after being Censured by the Democrat Party . The Hail Mary Abortion Pass by the Dems is Failing Miserably .

www.wowt.com...

😃

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Their body.

Start a separate thread.

RW Christians.

GO!!! BIDEN

It will be a bummer when RW Christians in Florida get the win because Biden couldn't keep his nose out of were it didn't belong. Assuming Democrats in Florida are right.

But that seems to be the MO of federal Democrats; why actually care about liberal issue when you can just pretend you do.
edit on 3-4-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Their body.

Start a separate thread.

RW Christians.

GO!!! BIDEN

It will be a bummer when RW Christians in Florida get the win because Biden couldn't keep his nose out of were it didn't belong. Assuming Democrats in Florida are right.

But that seems to be the MO of federal Democrats; why actually care about liberal issue when you can just pretend you do.

Biden is President of the USA.

Where exactly does the POTUS not belong?

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

According to Democrats in Florida it's in Florida talking about abortion.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm not a Dem

POTUS can go wherever he wants.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I'm not a Dem

As long as someone holds his hand and directs him there?

I'm not a Democrat either

edit on 3-4-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I'm not a Dem

As long as someone holds his hand and directs him there?

I'm the same age.

I'm sure he can make it.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
States can’t keep Trump off the ballot, but Congress can offer legislation that Trump is an insurrectionist and should be kept off the ballot. Congress has the power to ammend the 14th, section five to keep Trump off the ballot, and so far the SCOTUS hasn't been too favorable to Trump so there's a good chance it would stand.
All it would take is one more Republican to resign before term end to give Democrats the majority. The uniparty is committed to BAMN.

An Amendment to The 14th might require State Ratification? 😬

I'm not sure... awe/re voting for a rep of all states, whuch the constituion has authority over, like right to free speach?
Sinch MJ is still a federal offense, couldn't someone take the states that allow it to th SCOTUS if they wanted to?
But you have a point; even our own POTUS thumbs his nose at the law and the SCOTUS.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Abortion is the indiscriminate ending of the life of an innocent unborn human.

If democrats want to run on the indiscriminate murder, the slavery and anti-human rights aspect of abortion, then they should say it loudly and openly.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

YOUR opinion.

Of which has nothing to do with me -- or my thinking on the matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I just really don't think that's a valid concern. Abortion is going to be on the November ballot in Florida. Nobody thinks that a vote for abortion rights in Florida is the same as a vote for Joe Biden, especially since the very top of the same ballot with have Joe Biden, Donald Trump and anyone else they might be inclined to vote for.

People are pretty sour about the Dobbs decision, and Joe Biden talking about restoring Roe V Wade isn't going suddenly make people appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I just really don't think that's a valid concern. Abortion is going to be on the November ballot in Florida. Nobody thinks that a vote for abortion rights in Florida is the same as a vote for Joe Biden, especially since the very top of the same ballot with have Joe Biden, Donald Trump and anyone else they might be inclined to vote for.

People are pretty sour about the Dobbs decision, and Joe Biden talking about restoring Roe V Wade isn't going suddenly make people appreciate it.

It's just silly to me.

Biden has people that specialize in where he campaigns and what he does. It's their job.

Does anyone really think Biden made these plans to just pop into Florida to annoy the local Dems.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

YOUR opinion.

Of which has nothing to do with me -- or my thinking on the matter.

No.

I stated a fact.

That is all.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

www.wowt.com...

Even if you don't believe in God you should want to live in a society that does. People who believe in accountability, a higher purpose and meaning to life, repect to others etc.. The tenents of Christianity are the pillars of civil society.
The United States Constitution was divinely inspired.
God Bless America!!

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   

For the most part I would agree; but I think the worry from some Democrats in Florida is that an "active" Biden endorsement will make the ballot measure a target of partisan politics which could lead to "some" pro-life Republicans and Independents to vote against it simply to spite Joe Biden.

As we all know the spite factor is high in our politics of late and with feelings running high its not hard to believe that people will make compromises on their ideals in order to satisfy their tribe. We see it all the time on all the issues.

Further in such an atmosphere I think we tend to forget that there are many sides to a given issue and most are not as binary as we think they are. Polls like to ask "are you pro xyz" and than say 59% are pro xyz and 41% are against. They fail to show just how much pro or against people might be.

Just as an example; I am pro-choice but the issue is no were near the top of my list to be concerned about. If I was also a person who was inclined to compromise on unimportant ideals to send a message I could see myself voting for the prolife position. Especially knowing that a ballot measure is not the end of the story, that there would be time enough to switch my position next time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join