It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEI is a mens movement

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

As a kid raised without rules and very little discipline - I had to create my own. No child should have to do this.

This is one of the main issues with the Black community today. The problem is who is to blame? Do you blame the single mother who has little to take care of herself much less kids too? Do you blame the single father who was not looking to get married or have kids? Do you blame the culture that helped create the 70% single-mother situation? Do you blame the cities that still have people living in dangerous dysfunctional communities?

So much to blame. so hard to point the finger, but if people want change, it needs to start somewhere.

Blame? Are we all supposed to be carved out of the white European culture?

Many blacks have a DNA history from a very different and less controlled culture.

How many generations do you think it takes to "breed out" DNA culture?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Not every child is a student. No matter what effort you put into trying to make them one.

This is why about 50% of people in college should not be there as they should have gone to a trade school at 18 instead. Colleges created dumb-down degrees to entice people to pay them for college. The degrees are basically worthless in the business world, and the student ends up at 25 or 26 50k in debt and about the same place they were at 18.

I have talked about IQ too in the past where 50% of humans have IQs below 100. The main issue is it takes them much longer to learn, so they tend to do well by really learning a good skill and staying with it their whole lives. This is why a statement like Biden made about coal miners where they can just go learn to code instead was really ignorant...lol a comment coming from an 85 IQ person who thinks he is 160 IQ.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Not every child is a student. No matter what effort you put into trying to make them one.

This is why about 50% of people in college should not be there as they should have gone to a trade school at 18 instead.

What trades today have sustainable employment?

Intelligence means nothing without application.

I refer to my ancestors as "useless geniuses". High IQ's run in my family. Applying it? Not so much. They couldn't work for other people. They couldn't sit through the doldrums of higher education. They tended to be "know-it-alls" (intelligence can be its own curse).

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   

A disabled person is a minority.

Your the one stuck on race.

So, is it White privilege, or is it I'm not disabled privileged?

BTW everyone is disabled, my dear...

My first 4 years of school were lost to being ADHD. I was one of the first kids in the 60s to take Ritalin. It took me a lifetime to catch back up. I have a disability with speaking as in finding the right words and pronouncing words correctly. That there is a tough one to overcome, but then I speak for groups and recently to a group of 40 with Sec of State for Virgina there. I'm a 100% disabled vet with a plethora of issues from physical to mental, but at 63 I'm still successfully working and living. I could bore you more with a dozen of other issues, but my point is boo hoo hoo get over the disabled thing.

edit on x31Thu, 28 Mar 2024 19:38:47 -0500202487America/ChicagoThu, 28 Mar 2024 19:38:47 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Blame? Are we all supposed to be carved out of the white European culture?

Many blacks have a DNA history from a very different and less controlled culture.

How many generations do you think it takes to "breed out" DNA culture?

The Black culture today is not from Africa...lol geez F Africa, they are American. The Black culture was 1000 times better before the civil rights movement than it is today.

No clue how this triggered you as you seem to be going down the DNA racist direction... geez look around, you need to figure out what is holding these groups back and you might find it is mainly themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   

A disabled person is a minority.

Your the one stuck on race.

BTW everyone is disabled, my dear...

Really?

Do you lug around a 10-pound brace and need the aid of 2 crutches just to get from point A to point B? Even just to go to the bathroom?

Did you break multiple bones multiple times because your paralyzed leg went the wrong way?

Did you collapse while out shopping due to exhaustion?

Yeah - exhaustion - one of the biggest handicaps of a handicapped person. Bet it's not something you ever thought about.

And then -- doctors/therapy/insurance/meds.

Then we move into wheelchairs/scooters and physical access.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

What trades today have sustainable employment?

Intelligence means nothing without application.

I refer to my ancestors as "useless geniuses". High IQ's run in my family. Applying it? Not so much. They couldn't work for other people. They couldn't sit through the doldrums of higher education. They tended to be "know-it-alls" (intelligence can be its own curse).

100s of them and growing...

As I drove to work today one ad on the radio was shipbuilding and they were looking for 6 or 7 different trades. They will teach you and pay you 25 to just to start and learn. Many trades have people into 100k in a few years. A friend of mine is an electrician and makes about 180k per year. Trades also is the path where people learn a trade and then open their business. You don't get that working for Boeing with a degree.

Want a new trade...how about drone delivery... out of HS start about 25 bucks an hour in the entree level.

It sure beats 15 an hour as a barista with a 4-year degree and 50k in debt at 25 while the trade skill person is 6 years in their trade.

Painter
Electrician
Plumber
Carpenter
Mechanical Trades
HVAC technician
Machinist
Wielder
Locksmith
Mechanic
Ironworker
Steam engineer
Metal fabricator
Paving equipment operator

edit on x31Thu, 28 Mar 2024 19:54:24 -0500202487America/ChicagoThu, 28 Mar 2024 19:54:24 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Do you...

You didn't read what I wrote? Are you trying to shame my disabilities as not being disabled enough?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Do you...

You didn't read what I wrote? Are you trying to shame my disabilities as not being disabled enough?

I grew up with it from the age of 5.

People have to be forced to treat someone different with respect and equality.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Me too... so what?

Let it rest...
edit on x31Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:14:57 -0500202487America/ChicagoThu, 28 Mar 2024 22:14:57 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Do you...

You keep repeating this authoritarian garbage.
This is America.
People have rights here.
Nobody has the right to force racist policies on the citizens here.
DEI policy and ideology are unabashedly racist and also against the law FYI.
DEI is disrespectful and unequal.
It’s just as racist as the KKK and the black panthers.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Do you...

You keep repeating this authoritarian garbage.
This is America.
People have rights here.
Nobody has the right to force racist policies on the citizens here.
DEI policy and ideology are unabashedly racist and also against the law FYI.
DEI is disrespectful and unequal.
It’s just as racist as the KKK and the black panthers.

Oh, WOW! "This is America".

Have you read the history of American slavery? It's well known around the world.

Discrimination on skin color was legal prior to 1964 -- in my lifetime.

It's very telling to me -- when "you" make this exclusively about race.

Diversity, equity, and inclusion (usually abbreviated DEI) are organizational frameworks which seek to promote "the fair treatment and full participation of all people", particularly groups "who have historically been underrepresented or subject to discrimination" on the basis of identity or disability.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

the original plan Dr. King helped being to light was one of equality, one of brotherhood. That everyone was equally capable, and should be treated as such. Now his dream and ideas didn't happen right away, but they have been moving in that direction for a while now. Just a few short years ago, it was becoming frowned upon to be racist. I considered that positive momentum.

Now, with DEI, racism is back and back with a vengeance. Black people now are told to feel inferior and victimized BEFORE anyone treats them that way. That's the entire premise of DEI. It's affiliative action with a heavy racists slant. If you are heavily invested in, as you seem to be, I suppose it's hard to see. But if you can switch the color of skin on those you speak about, and suddenly, what you say is wrong, chances are it was wrong then, and you just didn't see it.

Content of character, not color of skin.

DEI is discrimination based on skin color by it's very definition.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

This is America.

You don't have any idea how stupid you sound!

THIS IS AMERICA!

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

YES -- it's called PROGRESSION to incorporate the needs of all minorities and oppressed.

That's what happens with ideas that work.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   
DEI = Didn’t Earn It

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

YES -- it's called PROGRESSION to incorporate the needs of all minorities and oppressed.

How can it help the oppressed by oppressing another race?

I think you took the same train over the Francis Scott Key bridge that Biden was travelling on.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

How can it help the oppressed by oppressing another race?

I think you took the same train over the Francis Scott Key bridge that Biden was travelling on.

Oh, are you white and feeling oppressed? Poor you.

However, throughout most of this thread I've referred to the disabled as a minority. And I am going back to that.

Those that insist on making this exclusively about race -- you have issues.

DEI - Diversity, equity, and inclusion (usually abbreviated DEI) are organizational frameworks which seek to promote "the fair treatment and full participation of all people", particularly groups "who have historically been underrepresented or subject to discrimination" on the basis of identity or disability.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Vermilion

This is America.

You don't have any idea how stupid you sound!

THIS IS AMERICA!

How stupid does this comment sound?

This is America.
We don’t force people here in America.
I know you authoritarian libs want to.
You will get pushback.
You are so obsessed with forcing people to do what you want but when you think you’re being forced to do something errrrrmmmmgeeerrrdddd, the screeching begins.
You can’t have it both ways.
Reverse racism is still racism.
Policy based on race, sex, and religion is against the law, the constitution, and humanity.
Go be a commie and force people to do degenerate crap elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
dp
edit on pm33America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join