It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEI is a mens movement

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

Don’t use my post and ignore this part.

“TODAY -- just in reference to handicap parking spaces. People are rude, uncaring, and abusive.”

Attitudes have not changed in 70 years just because of a law/act.

I didn't use your post; I used your attitude.

I have no clue what you mean above. Who is rude, the handicapped or others? Are you saying non-handicapped people steal handicapped parking? Who knows, but I would not want to pay the fine.

BTW what does that have to do with anything talked about here?

Prejudice is prejudice.

ALL Rights of Equality had to be Forced.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

“TODAY -- just in reference to handicap parking spaces. People are rude, uncaring, and abusive.”

I have no clue what you mean above. Who is rude, the handicapped or others? Are you saying non-handicapped people steal handicapped parking? Who knows, but I would not want to pay the fine.

Prejudice is prejudice.

This thread is about DEI.
Not equality.
Equity.
Didn’t Earn It.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Prejudice is prejudice.

This thread is about DEI.
Not equality.
Equity.
Didn’t Earn It.

What do you think DEI is?

Diversity, equity, and inclusion (usually abbreviated DEI) are organizational frameworks which seek to promote "the fair treatment and full participation of all people", particularly groups "who have historically been underrepresented or subject to discrimination" on the basis of identity or disability.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why are you bringing up equality then?

DEI has zero to do with equality.
DEI is racist.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

DEI is racist.

Really?

"the fair treatment and full participation of all people",

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   

DEI is racist.

Really?

DEI is racist.

Does racism promote “the fair treatment and full participation of all people”?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

DEI is racist.

Really?

DEI is racist.

That is your personal negative interpretation.

ALL people is of any and all races.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   

DEI is racist.

Really?

DEI is racist.

Here’s Oxfords interpretation…

Racism..
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized

Eta: Ironic how this definition could be used for DEI. Fits perfectly.👌
edit on 27-3-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   

DEI is racist.

Really?

DEI is racist.

Here’s Oxfords interpretation…

Racism..
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized

And . . . . ?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Prejudice is prejudice.

Thank you for the 100th trip down memory lane, but what does that have anything to do with DEI in 2024?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Prejudice is prejudice.

Thank you for the 100th trip down memory lane, but what does that have anything to do with DEI in 2024?

You're not serious

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   

As I’ve stated before. ALL laws/acts for equal rights and equality had to be FORCED.

Why? Because of people who think like you.

I agree back in the 60s and earlier but not in 2024. As we moved forward through the decades it all became a carrots 🥕 to lead people with and that is what liberals do best, but people have learned that carrots can never be reached.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   

As I’ve stated before. ALL laws/acts for equal rights and equality had to be FORCED.

Why? Because of people who think like you.

I agree back in the 60s and earlier but not in 2024. As we moved forward through the decades it all became a carrots 🥕 to lead people with and that is what liberals do best, but people have learned that carrots can never be reached.

YES! TODAY!

Seriously, you honestly think all the reasons for DEI -- has now all been solved, and we can abolish the programs?

What should we solve next?

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Seriously, you honestly think all the reasons for DEI -- has now all been solved, and we can abolish the programs?

What should we solve next?

Poverty...

Do you think we should have voter ID? I know what you are going to say and that is why DEI is kept alive today. The reason why there are not more women and minorities in my profession is not because we pick whities, it's because the pool of people in those categories is extremely small to pick from. If you want more minorities in high-end jobs you need to start around 4th grade and develop people to go in that direction, NOT just say...oh we need to hire 20% more xyz. In 10+ years I had only 2 Black men, and 4 women apply. I hired 1 black man and 2 women, and people will say you are not diverse enough. They are just not there to hire, so we need to get kids out of their cultural mindset that keeps them from achieving and developing that pool of people to provide more in the industries lacking.

That is the hard but correct path, you all want some easy path that doesn't work.

edit on x31Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:34:35 -0500202487America/ChicagoThu, 28 Mar 2024 07:34:35 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am not particularly Liberal. I don't actually discuss my politics on ATS.

I do support a level "playing field". How does one get qualified? What is the price of education today?

I'd say you start from the day a child is born. But if that child is the newest in generations of dysfunction, how do you break the cycle?

Yes - I support voter ID.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I'd say you start from the day a child is born. But if that child is the newest in generations of dysfunction, how do you break the cycle?

I grew up lower middle class, my parents never pushed school so I did crappy and started a life that would not really go anywhere. I went into the military and matured. Today I'm director/VP level that never would have happen without my maturing in the military.

My wife is Asian, so my kids were reading and writing, and doing basic math by the time they were 4. Today one is an Electrical Engineer, and the other is on his way to being a doctor.

I paid for much of their college with military benefits and scholarships they got. So far 10 years' worth of college across two kids has cost me about 20k.

Did you start with something from your parents to give you an edge over minorities, I didn't, and even help to support them later in life. Seems the running argument is poor minorities do not get the leg up rich White people get, but it seems they forgot that there are more poor Whites in our country than the total population of minorities. In my case, it was even worse when you make just enough to get no poor benefits, but you still have nothing left to pay for anything, and being a White male there was nothing for me since I was so entitled already.

This is why when people say I'm entitled I just want to kick their ass. Now to answer your question we need minorities to believe success is more than music, sports, or crime, and if none of those work you live a life of being poor with no way out. The problem in the Black community is that they do not have an Asian mother to work with them from like the age of 2. I remember going to my kid's school for parent reading day in 3rd grade. I sat down with my kid who was reading Harry Potter to me, and some other kids asked me if they could read for me too since their parent couldn't make it. I sat there listening to them read and they were having a hard time picking a word here and there from Dr Suess.

So, it starts there and not at DEI... The problem is it takes work and so many do not want to put the effort in, so it comes down to Government handouts for their failures.
edit on x31Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:10:15 -0500202487America/ChicagoThu, 28 Mar 2024 15:10:15 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I grew up lower middle class, my parents never pushed school so I did crappy and started a life that would not really go anywhere. I went into the military and matured. Today I'm director/VP level that never would have happen without my maturing in the military.

That we agree on.

Personally, I think the option of military or jail (for minor offenses) should be brought back.

I think all cities should have a "lock down" school on a local military/police facility -- that any kid who is a repeat class disrupter be assigned to.

1. remove disruptive students so those that want to lean can.

2. some kids raised without discipline and boundaries will thrive once they have that discipline and boundaries.

As a kid raised without rules and very little discipline - I had to create my own. No child should have to do this.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   

My wife is Asian, so my kids were reading and writing, and doing basic math by the time they were 4.

All my family were early readers. My brother at age 4 used to spread out the newspaper on the floor and read it.

My kid now taught himself phonics on the computer and was reading at age 3.

But have you ever heard of Dyscalculia? Most people have heard of Dyslexia, but few know about Dyscalculia.

Not every child is a student. No matter what effort you put into trying to make them one.

My kid right now wants to be the CEO of his own company. His Special Ed teacher is using money to teach him math.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Did you start with something from your parents to give you an edge over minorities, . .

A disabled person is a minority.

Your the one stuck on race.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

As a kid raised without rules and very little discipline - I had to create my own. No child should have to do this.

This is one of the main issues with the Black community today. The problem is who is to blame? Do you blame the single mother who has little to take care of herself much less kids too? Do you blame the single father who was not looking to get married or have kids? Do you blame the culture that helped create the 70% single-mother situation? Do you blame the cities that still have people living in dangerous dysfunctional communities?

So much to blame. so hard to point the finger, but if people want change, it needs to start somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join