It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you don't believe in the devil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocometus

We are all born of the Devil.

God only exists internally for a fortunate few who can escape the world around long enough.

Flame on...

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: RAY1990

Now that's the spirit

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I have always seen Satan like Captain Ahab. Like he gets so freaking obsessed and possessed with killing a whale he loses his admirable traits completely and his quest to assert his will ends up getting him tangled in the anchor chain and drown.

"Call me Ishamel."

One of the great first sentences in a book.

Apologies to Herman Melville for borrowing it here, but I think the copyright © has long expired anyway.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Dave Mustaine went born again, so it checks out.

I have always seen Satan like Captain Ahab. Like he gets so freaking obsessed and possessed with killing a whale he loses his admirable traits completely and his quest to assert his will ends up getting him tangled in the anchor chain and drown.

That's not really a force as much a self-driven narrative that walks you through the hellfire in any case.

But Ahab couldn't let that f*cking whale go, so the "devil" rolled him under.

In music, I guess that would apply to an Axl Rose circa 1991 type, where he was such a histrionic demanding bitch the devil marched his career from relevance. Maybe Dave Mustaine when he was blacking out and allegedly knocking up 14 year olds as a member of Metallica could apply to being rolled over by the devil.

As far as Satanism as a 'religious' form, it's not actually represented much in Satan themed music. I feel some rappers actually lay it out better, and without black lettering and Spinal Tap inflatable devils.

This verse sticks out:

You've given this some thought and I find that interesting enough.
Those thoughts themselves? Remarkable to say the least. Good post!

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I think God is dumb.

I know I'm dumb.

#kindawinning?

Often love your comments nerbot, you make me smile 😊 a lot. You're what they call "a good egg" all the best.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I think God is dumb.

I'm more interested to see what you think about the devil?

That is the topic you know?

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

"Call me Ishamel."

One of the great first sentences in a book.

Apologies to Herman Melville for borrowing it here, but I think the copyright © has long expired anyway.

What is Ishamel?

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocometus

A being full of emotions unwilling to consider others nor their reasoning.

I'm not a fan but I cannot disagree with a soul that hurts with the idea of serving something it cannot fundamentally agree with.

It is the topic and I apologise if I sent things a wee bit sideways, It wasn't my intention. I probably said enough with "non serviem".

I can elaborate but in the end these are concepts the individual will face and what I say doesn't really matter until it does. We all see the same hurdles we just convince ourselves they're unique. I could be wrong of course....

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

I think God is dumb.

I'm more interested to see what you think about the devil?

That is the topic you know?

First of all you need to believe in him to think whatever you think of him.
edit on 19-3-2024 by Hankervild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I can elaborate but in the end these are concepts the individual will face and what I say doesn't really matter until it does. We all see the same hurdles we just convince ourselves they're unique. I could be wrong of course....

I knew you'd come up with something of substance. I like you said here.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hankervild

Well don't forget the praise he got from Sam Smith.

And as I said in the opener you can't believe in one (thinking he's dumb)
without the other. So one can't simply have an opinion on one. And just
say the other doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
Often love your comments nerbot, you make me smile 😊 a lot. You're what they call "a good egg" all the best.

Thanks. Being a mad, eccentric, broke British Hippie Priest and Philosopher living in the middle of nowhere in France who shunned normies and loves poking woke helps.

Tally Ho!

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Food for thought.

Consider that there is a demonic entity (one or more) that resides over this place. Some have had the displeasure of being in its presence and experiencing its work, it has made itself known.

Do you think that those who have not been made aware of it are fortunate or unfortunate?

If you chose fortunate, think on this if you will.

What if it only targets and reveals itself to those it hasn't been able to deceive and win over? That if you've not been made aware it, it is because it considers you already conquered.

Do you enjoy your life and living on this planet? If so, is that good or bad?

Is it possible that if you enjoy this life that you have not been observant and you've been purposefully distracted?

Every day millions die horrendous torturous deaths. Do you notice it yourself, every day? (Not through a job or the media)

If you could see the torture of others daily would that be what you would consider Hell? A living nightmare? Would you still enjoy living here?

Could it be that those who cannot see it are the ones who are of no concern to the demon/s? They are blissfully unaware and being unaware means they cannot/will not change anything.

What if people think they have woken up to what's really going on but have just been fooled to look in the wrong direction again? Distractions, distractions always diverting away from what is really important.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HighEQ

What demonic entity resides in this place?
Can you be more specific?

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

Well don't forget the praise he got from Sam Smith.

And as I said in the opener you can't believe in one (thinking he's dumb)
without the other. So one can't simply have an opinion on one. And just
say the other doesn't exist.

I would think the only opinion one can have is whether he exists or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If you believe everything is sourced from God, then there is only God, in it's many forms. Believing in a divine plan pretty much spells this out.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

What is Ishamel?

A wanderer, an outcast, the father of a great nation. 'A wild donkey of a man.'

For further information, consult the book of Genesis.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: HighEQ

Food for thought.

Consider that there is a demonic entity (one or more) that resides over this place. Some have had the displeasure of being in its presence and experiencing its work, it has made itself known.

Do you think that those who have not been made aware of it are fortunate or unfortunate?

If you chose fortunate, think on this if you will.

What if it only targets and reveals itself to those it hasn't been able to deceive and win over? That if you've not been made aware it, it is because it considers you already conquered.

Do you enjoy your life and living on this planet? If so, is that good or bad?

Is it possible that if you enjoy this life that you have not been observant and you've been purposefully distracted?

Every day millions die horrendous torturous deaths. Do you notice it yourself, every day? (Not through a job or the media)

If you could see the torture of others daily would that be what you would consider Hell? A living nightmare? Would you still enjoy living here?

Could it be that those who cannot see it are the ones who are of no concern to the demon/s? They are blissfully unaware and being unaware means they cannot/will not change anything.

This should have been in the opener! Very well done!

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

What is Ishamel?

A wanderer, an outcast, the father of a great nation. 'A wild donkey of a man.'

For further information, consult the book of Genesis.

If I may ask, did you google this of was it off the top?

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

The “chief commander” remark by Bob Dylan I thought referred to God.

Rainy Day Women 12 & 35 seems like more word of God, and 1 2 3 5 is the Fibonacci sequence.

Everybody gets stoned by Woman.
edit on 20-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2024 by ByeByeAmericanPie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join