It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Drones Swarmed Langley AFB For Weeks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
a reply to: pianopraze

How many different play on words…are going to add to the BS?

UAS [uncrewed aerial systems]

Really?

This is getting beyond reduckelous!

Somebody call the pentagon and let them know that Drone Jammers exist and they ought to contact these folks…

Drone Jammers

Oh yeah…..it’s going to cost trillions of taxpayers dollars..

👽

I suspect the DOD, 1) doesn't want excessive radio signals in a fairly busy air corridor, and 2) doesn't want to reveal away its good stuff. possibly one reason for this activity is to bait us into an intel-providing reaction.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

If you're worried about aliens, don't be. It's arrogant self-serving humans that worry me.
Why worry about aliens? They're not interested in shooting us or starting some war, that's a human concept.

I thought I made it clear I wan't worrtied abouit anything.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
A very serious question:- How did they know they were drones? Why does everyone assume that, IF these aircraft were alien, Aliens come in human sizes? What if aliens are only 3 inches tall and these aircraft are manned?
Now what if they were not alien? Some other country spying? Naah, anybody and I mean anybody ever comes out with a statement like that should not be walking the streets with normal people. I know and you know that other nations (put what country you like here) have their own "spy satellite's" so they have absolutely no need for drone flyovers.

From pilot responses on twitter to this "drone" has become the understood word to use when you are reporting
UFOs but don’t want to get any negative repercussions.

If these were normal drones they wouldn’t need high powered NASA cameras and chase them with armed f16’s.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Don’t know if anyone has been watching the evolving consumer drone industry….Drone racing has been around for a bit…..

But take a look at these and think what the black world drone technology development could now possibly be like…

Speed at the blink of an eye….

👽

Yes. Got into it a few years ago, built my own, watching races.

Thing is, these drones have incredibly short flight times.

Not at all what’s being reported.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introufo2

I’m 50/50 on if these are alien or human. If they are human they are far beyond what has been reported.

It might also be a mix.

China has been working heavily on drones and drone swarms. We have also. Lots of literature on it.

I’m waiting on the mufon report lady who said she had high quality footage given to her?… or reported to her? Hope it’s not another two more weeks… forever.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I agree with that…..but I’m inferring……if this tech is available and developed for consumers….

Imagine drone development in Black Projects……bigger and more powerful with a longer lasting supplying of energy/fuel/batteries etc.

Some of what’s out there, even the high altitude flyers, could be human made ..is my point…

👽

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
a reply to: introufo2

I’m 50/50 on if these are alien or human. If they are human they are far beyond what has been reported.

It might also be a mix.

China has been working heavily on drones and drone swarms. We have also. Lots of literature on it.

I’m waiting on the mufon report lady who said she had high quality footage given to her?… or reported to her? Hope it’s not another two more weeks… forever.

How about them having terrestrial origins but not human? This is the direction of travel. The reason for secrecy and fear. We are not the masters of this earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Reading more about this incident.

They have been trying to take them down with electronic warfare and failing.

They were flying several thousand feet (6000). I don’t think many commercial drones can go that high. They had the NASA planes at 20,000 feet with high caliber optics and sensors trying to get imaging of them. So we should have something good, if not wtf?

Some people on base got video, but it was too far away to make out.

They sent load f-16s after them according to locals and were unable to shoot them down.

At this point I hope it’s aliens as we’re screwed if it’s conventional enemy.

How shameful and inept. I don't think I would advertise the lack of success. What a sad sack the US military and defense systems seem to appear.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We needed a common enemy to begin the restricting of our freedoms, which 911 provided. I expect to see even more restrictions coming from this, and at the very least it will ramp up the fear factor of all the 'enemy states'.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

a 'drone' can be anything from a ten inch plastic toy to an unmanned fighter jet.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Pretty interesting.

The military has the ability to jam and drop consumer and industry level drones, right out of the sky.
Your drones internal gps can be monitored at anytime, detailing exactly where you are.

I’m intrigued to know what the spy plane was able to capture.
And by incursions, do they mean just breaking through the restricted airspace.
Or did these things actually fly over the base.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Drones are pretty incredible little tools.
I’ve been a commercial drone pilot for the last 12 years.

If you’re interested in drones, you should check out one of the drones I helped design and develop..

It was actually featured on the discovery channel.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Yeah newer ones you can get up to an hour of flight time. I spent 90.00 and can get an hour of flight time.

Now let's use some common sense we often see these things around airforce bases the airforce can't admit they are doing testing. So they play stupid and go we don't know what they are.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I agree with that…..but I’m inferring……if this tech is available and developed for consumers….

Imagine drone development in Black Projects……bigger and more powerful with a longer lasting supplying of energy/fuel/batteries etc.

Some of what’s out there, even the high altitude flyers, could be human made ..is my point…

👽

Very possible. More likely then aliens except … (continued next reply)

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Pretty interesting.

The military has the ability to jam and drop consumer and industry level drones, right out of the sky.
Your drones internal gps can be monitored at anytime, detailing exactly where you are.

I’m intrigued to know what the spy plane was able to capture.
And by incursions, do they mean just breaking through the restricted airspace.
Or did these things actually fly over the base.

… yes they were flying over the base being chased at times by armed f-16 chasing them. What type of drone can avoid f-16s?

Electronic warfare measures deployed but failed to bring them down. So at a minimum hardened military level drones nothing domestic.

Possible Chinese. The floating balloons were not as dumb as you would expect because the pentagon had TURNED OFF DETECTION of things going to fast or to slow. They had a filter. The Chinese obviously aware and testing all the parameters of our defense system.

A few floating balloons with emps and drone swarms launched from property near bases could wipe us out… and Chinese have been swarming through our southern border and buying land next to our bases.

That this has not been addressed is a national travesty and a potential deadly threat to our nation (lots of ATS threads on both those topics so I won’t rehash).

Soooo… Chinese or aliens?

Or both?

Future time travel historians watching wwiii kick off?

Btw awesome drone, congrats!
edit on 18-3-2024 by pianopraze because: Fixing quote

ETA:

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yeah newer ones you can get up to an hour of flight time. I spent 90.00 and can get an hour of flight time.

Now let's use some common sense we often see these things around airforce bases the airforce can't admit they are doing testing. So they play stupid and go we don't know what they are.

Possible but I don’t buy it.

Those racing drones get like 2 -5 minutes flight time going at insane speeds. Of course different drones get longer times when they are not driving the batteries so hard and have bigger batteries or other means of propulsion.

But again, fairly easily identifiable and catchable by f-16’s. Don’t need NASA coming in. F22s are stationed there.

Something is going on out of the ordinary.

Totally possible human with advanced tech we don’t know about… or alien.
edit on 18-3-2024 by pianopraze because: Added reply

edit on 18-3-2024 by pianopraze because: Fixing quote

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

I took these pictures of Valkyrie at the last air show in San Diego…..pretty nice 👍🏼

👽

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sidebar….as of the time of this post…..my better half called me from where she was asking me if a launch was scheduled for tonight…..

How was I supposed to know….so I went out of the front door and captured this….

Don’t know if it was going to or coming from …..whatever it was…..

The direction of it brightest part of the trail was in the direction up the coast from San Diego to LA and beyond…..perhaps vandenberg…who knows

I do see a pin sized light at one end of the trail….and then of course there’s a star in the upper left of the pic.

Maybe it makes it into the news..

I was to late to see it in actual flight…..all I got was the trail..

Oh well.

UPDATE: It was indeed a launch from Vandenburg……..my better half has a vid from where she was.

👽
edit on 18-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Update on my sidebar above…..

👽☕️🍩

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ah, you mean like Bogies and Santa Claus?

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Below is representative of operational and no longer operational missiles of the US throughout the decades…..none of which took down a UFO …..and publicly known. Newer missiles are not representative…..however imo even any newer missiles just cannot match the speed of UFO’s.

How can you say none of those took down a UFO? Did you sleep through the UFO shoot-down in 2023?

The so called Chinese spy balloon was misidentified, it was shot down off the East coast of the US and turned out to not be a spy ballon after all. But then there was a flurry of other "UFOs", probably also balloons but smaller and harder to identify.

I think the sidewinder missile is shown in the top row of your graphic and was fired at one of the other "UFOs", but it missed. So a second missile was fired and it apparently destroyed the target, which was later correlated with a $15 pico balloon with transmitter that stopped transmitting when the "UFO" was shot down in the same area as the balloon, so probably not a coincidence.

Almost a million dollars in missiles used to shoot down that $15 "UFO", and the total mission was probably over a million dollars when you add in the flight time and maintenance costs per hour of flying the mission.

www.theguardian.com...

The government never released video or photos of the objects it tracked (even though they obviously must have had some footage). They initially claimed they couldn’t recover any wreckage. When reporters and other concerned citizens attempted to Foia the evidence they were stonewalled completely, with the Pentagon claiming it was all classified.

The reason they don't want to release that "classified" information is they used 2 missiles costing almost half a million dollars each to shoot down a $15 balloon! (The first missile missed). People figured out that's very likely what happened to that one object even without the release of official information. So I can see why people want to block the relase of such embarrassing truths, at least officially.

Did the Pentagon Shoot Down a Harmless Ham Radio Balloon?

Purchased for less than $15 and operated by the ham radio hobbyist group Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade, a silvery, 32-inch-wide pico balloon called “K9YO-15” was launched from a nature preserve north of Chicago in October 2022. It dangled a 10-gram (0.35-ounce) payload that included a radio tracker, a solar panel and a long antenna wire. Some 123 days later, on February 11, 2023, K9YO-15 was on its seventh circumnavigation of the globe, its hobbyist operators say, when they lost contact with the pico balloon near Alaska’s border with the Yukon. This was the same day that a U.S. F-22 fighter jet shot down a UFO using a nearly half-million-dollar Sidewinder missile in the same general vicinity. K9YO-15 has not been heard from since.
Actually, using two nearly half-million-dollar Sidewinder missiles, because the first one missed.
Everyone feel safer now?

Yes. Got into it a few years ago, built my own, watching races.

Thing is, these drones have incredibly short flight times.

Not at all what’s being reported.
The larger drones have longer flight times, like this Mugin-5 pro with flight time of 7 hours:

Mugin-5 Pro Drone

edit on 2024319 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Acknowledge those drones have longer flight times above, but again, those are not what’s being reported. Those are Easily recognizable. These aren’t.

An f-16 that couldn’t shoot these drones down over the base would have no trouble shooting that type of drone down, and they wouldn’t be pulling in NASA to get a look at them.

We have video of these drones. I’m sure the f16, nasa got footage; and there are reports ground civilians got footage. Waiting on that. I’m 50/50 China or alien at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join