It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report on the Historical Record of U.S. Government Involvement with UAP: Vol 1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Open for publication as of March 6, 2024 (3-4 days ago)...

Report on the Historical Record of U.S. Government Involvement with Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) Volume 1

Excerpts from the executive summary:

AARO found no evidence that any USG investigation, academic-sponsored research, or official review panel has confirmed that any sighting of a UAP represented extraterrestrial technology.

All investigative efforts, at all levels of classification, concluded that most sightings were ordinary objects and phenomena and the result of misidentification. Although not the focus of this report, it is worthwhile to note that all official foreign UAP investigatory efforts to date have reached the same general conclusions as USG investigations.

AARO found no empirical evidence for claims that the USG and private companies have been reverse-engineering extraterrestrial technology. AARO determined, based on all information provided to date, that claims involving specific people, known locations, technological tests, and documents allegedly involved in or related to the reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial technology, are inaccurate.

AARO successfully located the USG and industry programs, officials, companies, executives, and documents identified by interviewees. In many cases, the interviewees named authentic USG classified programs well-known and understood to those appropriately accessed to them in the Executive Branch and Legislative Branch; however, the interviewees mistakenly associated these authentic USG programs with alien and extraterrestrial activity.

AARO assesses that the inaccurate claim that the USG is reverse-engineering extraterrestrial technology and is hiding it from Congress is, in large part, the result of circular reporting from a group of individuals who believe this to be the case, despite the lack of any evidence.

AARO notes that although claims that the USG has recovered and hidden spacecraft date back to the 1940s and 1950s, more modern instances of these claims largely stem from a consistent group of individuals who have been involved in various UAP-related endeavors since at least 2009.

There is an awful lot of material here, and this is only volume 1. I presently don't have much of an opinion about the contents of the report. To be honest, all things considered, I find it difficult to muster even a rat's ass, but I was surprised that this wasn't being discussed at all in our UFO forum.

For what it's worth^^^

Have a nice Sunday.
edit on 10-3-2024 by TheDiscoKing because: carriage return

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
of course I haven't read all this, but the statement that it's not extra terrestrial, seems to be in conflict with the ability to determine where they come from. Occam's Razor and all.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I know, it's BAU. I think that's why I find this part so attractive:

AARO assesses that the inaccurate claim that the USG is reverse-engineering extraterrestrial technology and is hiding it from Congress is, in large part, the result of circular reporting (ed. "Say it aint so!") from a group of individuals who believe this to be the case, despite the lack of any evidence.

AARO notes that although claims that the USG has recovered and hidden spacecraft date back to the 1940s and 1950s, more modern instances of these claims largely stem from a consistent group of individuals who have been involved in various UAP-related endeavors since at least 2009.

RHRUGIUAP

First off; can't believe that those are two complete sentences. Those are long sentences. Most of all though: 2009? Huh?

I think I'm going to start pulling on the thread from there and see how the sweater starts to unravel.

Weird.
edit on 10-3-2024 by TheDiscoKing because: derp

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The UFOtwitter hashtag is having a field day with this, but unfortunately the UFO community is to blame for this. Let me explain.

The UFO community is full of gate keepers. Think of people like Jeremy Corbell, George Knapp, Lui, Dr Greer for some of the bigger names. These are some of the more recognizable faces the casual observer will come across if they google UFO, NHI, Aliens, whatever.

These are also the same people who refuse/won't release the information they have, except they constantly tell us they "Have proof", "have the videos", "Have the documents", "Know the truth" but won't release it. They hold it close, be it because of the sense of control over the topic, the sense of importance from the "i know something you don't know" feeling, it's the expectating that people will just believe what they say they have is true and correct they is causing this to be the issue. I point the Jeremey and George when they go on the Rogan podcast, it's always vague responses to direct questions from Joe, or its "in the video/documentary" they either can't or won't answer.

Sure, they have sources who might/will probably be in deep deep excrement if their names got released. Sure it'll put a kibosh onto the revenue they can make, the appearances they do, the documentaries they make, but they are always demanding proof from a skeptic who counter claims them, but are the first to be cagy about providing the same when they are challenged, always falling back on "i've seen it you have to trust me"

I want to point out, I'm a firm believer and that this AARO report just release is a crock of crap, but we're here because they've released a formal document (correct or not) knowing that the community cannot respond to it because those in the community who can and have the ability to public toss that junk of a report back in the face of the government and catagorically prove that they are lying, wont.

Why, because that means giving up the one thing that lets them hold the power over the topic, evidence.

It's gotten to the point that the only feasible why to force the governments and big tech firms into acknowledging the truth is dumping everything in the public domain. Release the lot. It's disclosure, but from the public.

UFOtwitter is full of people saying disclosure is coming, that the work behind the scenes is coming to a head. It's all innuendo and heresy.

Counter the AARO report with cold, hard facts, evidence and proof. Stop beating around the bush.

Those gate keeps are going to lose the communities trust and faith, if they haven't already.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
of course I haven't read all this, but the statement that it's not extra terrestrial, seems to be in conflict with the ability to determine where they come from. Occam's Razor and all.
I think you're twisting the words to say something other than what was quoted, namely:

"AARO found no evidence that any USG investigation, academic-sponsored research, or official review panel has confirmed that any sighting of a UAP represented extraterrestrial technology." Saying it's not confirmed to be ET is not the same as saying it's not ET.

Take those three videos that Elizondo and Mellon got released by the Pentagon, FLIR, Gofast and Gimbal. Presumably we still don't know what they are, and while I suppose that means ET can't be ruled out, there is really no reason to suspect there's anything ET about them. They are unidentifiable because they are small fuzzy blobs. The Gofast video probably shows a balloon because it has all the characteristics of a balloon and the release form for those three videos even mentions balloons. But it's so small and fuzzy, we can't really confirm it's a balloon, and some have suggested it might be a bird, and that can't be completely ruled out. I guess a balloon from an extraterrestrial civilization also can't be ruled out, if you want to go there, and I don't see any denial of such a possibility, however unlikely.

edit on 2024310 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

šŸ‘½ā˜•ļøšŸ©

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Mar 5 2024 OpEd by Kirkpatrick in Scientific American

Source: We Need to Investigate UFOs. But Without the Distraction of Conspiracy Theories

If people claim to have evidence involving aliens, they need to come forward to AARO to enable the office to investigate it. Otherwise, hearsay in a scientific and fact-based investigation serves only as a distraction.

IMOā€¦..HARD physical proof is the only way to settle this enigmaā€¦ā€¦this is now where we are in this day and age.

Nothing elseā€¦.like images, vids, personal accounts, experiences ā€¦.all of which are manipulatableā€¦.matters anymore.

The skeptics, and the conspirators to hide ā€¦.ā€¦are still ahead and continue to do so.

Iā€™ve been getting opinions from family, friends, and strangersā€¦ā€¦and for the most partā€¦.donā€™t even care UFOā€™s and Aliensā€¦..itā€™s not part of their daily lives. With teens and young adults itā€™s a ā€œso whatā€ and back to their handheld devices.

I may be following that ā€œso whatā€ lead myselfā€¦ā€¦.this is getting tiring.

Trust meā€¦.Iā€™m a believerā€¦..but without empirical proofā€¦ā€¦Iā€™m just a voice in the breeze.

šŸ‘½šŸ„ƒ
edit on 11-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Regarding the three points from the RHRUGIUAP (ā€œrah-ru-gi-oo-apā€
) that I reproduced above, it seems to read, ā€œWe researched all that government research, and when itā€™s all boiled down, none of it is, or was, related to ET. Considering that, you might also conclude that since none of it was, or is ET, there is no ET ā€œtechnologyā€ in the possession of the USG, and the folks that have said so are having a big circle jerk over the whole thing despite having 0 evidence.ā€.

Sounds right to me.

Also, I cannot be the only one around here that is noticing how similar this Rahrugiuap is to the UKADR report regarding UAP (an acronym that was coined by the Condign report itself). Talk about circular, that one seems to have been circular enough to cross the pond on its way back home.

So, 2009.

Itā€™s sort of sandwiched in between Greerā€™s Disclosure Project and all the TTSA bullcrap. I Suppose it may as well haver been 25 years since the Disclosure Project went public (or whatever). I was highly suspicious of it then (the DP), simply because my non-UFO peeps in my life were telling me about it.

Iā€™ve been asking myself for a long time now what source of money ran out in 2016 that caused the whole American UFOlogy showboat to tank. Seemed like the money-gun was fully loaded. I wonder who loaded it?

I also wonder what sort of UFO shennanigans that that money might have been earmarked for. I wonder what just almost happened to us (The US) right there.

I surely do.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekerOfStones

These are also the same people who refuse/won't release the information they have, except they constantly tell us they "Have proof", "have the videos", "Have the documents", "Know the truth" but won't release it. They hold it close, be it because of the sense of control over the topic, the sense of importance from the "i know something you don't know" feeling, it's the expectating that people will just believe what they say they have is true and correct they is causing this to be the issue. I point the Jeremey and George when they go on the Rogan podcast, it's always vague responses to direct questions from Joe, or its "in the video/documentary" they either can't or won't answer.

the reason the names you posted don't release any real proof it is not what your saying.
the real reason is they would loose their cash cows when they released the fake phony bull they have.

those are the ones who give real research a bad name.

edit on 12-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I believe that the government has no idea what it's all about. And I believe they respond to the situation when they can. I also believe that conspiracy theories get way out of hand, especially when the one's making dollars are making the claims. They also get expanded on frequently, I figure to add more BS to a story, like what happened at Roswell for instance. I'm just fascinated that the same folks who think the government has had a decades long cover-up, also are now waiting for that same government to tell them that it's true! šŸ¤£

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
this guy has to be the dumbest man to sit before Congress and create an oped for SA demanding "people" (no power to debrief US Military personnel , as Asst DefSec, but of course) provide ET proof, oh an then lie to Congress about the "evidence" he has been given.

No wonder he resigned his position. Nevertheless, his strings are being pulled. Congress won't pursue anything. there's "a government within the government , and the three branches don't control it."reply to: Ophiuchus1

edit on 13-3-2024 by anthelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So they also saw the "It's Not Aliens, it's worse, it's us" thread?

It's pretty good stuff!
edit on 13-3-2024 by MikeDeGrasseTyson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Maybe it's just a question of terms...
If the UFO phenomenon was not about ETs the report might be telling the truth
They are hiding the real origin of the UFOs but they are not lying.
We need a lawyer ...

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Interesting perspective as to why AARO and the Pentagon blow and suck at the same timeā€¦.

From the Hillā€¦dated 3/15/24

Pentagonā€™s flawed UFO report demands congressional action

Unfortunately, the report from the Pentagonā€™s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) contains an array of striking omissions and one particularly egregious misrepresentation. The result is a misleading report which, like so much government UFO-related propaganda over seven decades, tells the reader just to move on, nothing to see here.

šŸ‘½

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO)

An odd name for a UFO group...Anomaly Resolution can be about ghosts, bigfoot, Loch Ness monster, Mothman, and any other strange phenomena as much as UFOs.

Sounds like Skinwalker Ranch comes to the US government.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think this report will distance public opinion from the UFO issue.
There will not be an official disclosure but a long institutional, legislative and political discussion.
Official disclosure has certainly been blocked ...

thehill.com...
www.liberationtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDiscoKing

From what I have read so far, we could collectively change the terms around a bit and make this whole report about Big Foot. Hell, I bet we could make a pretty dime off of the book sales too, not to mention that as an election year promises of cash in hand would bring out a few Congressional types to confirm the findings.

Point is the more I read the more this feels like a scam.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Seemingly the truth of the matter is ā€œ disclosureā€ is in the mud.

The Reddit big UFO site has folks going bananas over all of this strife and controversy...

I said here a long time ago going back to the old great MM thread on TTSA that just what is happening is just what they wanted: strife, division, grifters galore lurching, crazy tales of alien attacks in Peru, little midget aliens in Mexico, and balloons as ufos, jars of beans, satellites as ufos and all kind of bizarro stuff...
Anything but legit UFOs.

Mission accomplished making UFOlogy look ridiculous.

The name AARO[Anomaly Resolution] is NOT about UFOs. Itā€™s aboutā€” anything paranormal. Not necessarily UFOs.

Why would they not even name the relevant subject that the organization is supposed to be all about?

The people wanted a UFO research gov group NOT a paranormal Skinwalker Ranch type group like AARO...

What that does is give them the excuse to further avoid UFO research and go off on these other paranormal matters that are irrelevant to what UFOs are.

( Always know the other side of one you are debating)...They will say this in defense:...

Well, we want to study the peripheral phenomena around Ufos, the same lame excuse they used for studying Skinwalker Ranch, BTW.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Letā€™s see how this pans outā€¦ā€¦

Hear-yeā€¦.Hear-yeā€¦. Aliens and UFOā€™s forum members.,,,,

From the world of UFOlogyā€¦ā€¦Who (still living) would you choose to run the AARO and why? An UNBIASED candidate is preferred (if thatā€™s even possible).

My choiceā€¦.Jacques Valleeā€¦.heā€™s written enough on the subject, done his own boots on the ground investigating. I will dismiss his wreckage piecesā€¦debacleā€¦near San Antonio New Mexico 1945 incident and give him the lessons learned benefit.

šŸ‘½
edit on 17-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

The three stooges!

Seriously, sure Vallee could do it.

Or Maybe Michio Kaku...An open-minded fellow and scientist...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join