It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intel Chair Warns Biden of Mysterious ‘Serious National Security Threat’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Let's hope Russia isn't headed to a Scorched Space policy. Debris from just one or 2 blown up satellites would surround the earth with a cloud of floating debris caught in the orbit that could prevent anyone from launching anything into space for a very long time.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
a reply to: Threadbarer

An Iranian nuclear weapon would be my guess.

Dirty bom smuggled across the border by Iran.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

An Iranian nuclear weapon would be my guess.

After reading the quotes from some of the officials, as reported on CBS NEWS, I would tend to agree that an Iranian nuclear weapon, or at least a forthcoming test of such a device, is a very good guess as to the cause for this concern.

The threat was described as "not something that is going to ruin your...Wednesday", and "something that will need to factor into long-term"

A large scale cyber attack, even a Russia-backed cyber attack, would be seen as an immanent national security threat. Definitely a potential Wednesday wrecker.

A Russian space capability "asset", likewise, could/would be considered as something of a serious, real-time, "right now" threat...if not a "fait accompli" outright attack.

Whereas the detonation of an Iranian-developed nuclear test article, even if not successful, would serve to inflame the current situation in the mideast both quickly, and likely beyond the ability of the US and its allies to contain.

As to Russia's involvement vis-a-vis Turner's concern: Could it be that SIGINT has somehow intercepted details of communications between Russia and Iran discussing the immanent test, and solidifying Russia's guarantee of support for the Iranian effort?
edit on 14-2-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
We cant know are starlink satellites " dual use " meaning civilian internet and secret military . Musk has a lot contracts with DOD / pentagon if i understand .

Elon Musk vs Russia

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There must be a place where we can place your bets on what this is all about?

1. Russia: Nukes 3-1
2. Middle East: Nukes 10 -1
3. Terrorism Muslim 5-1
4. Terrorism Domestic 20-1
5. Natural Event Earth Origin: 100-1
6. Biological (definitely not created in a Chinese lab): 8-1
7. Aliens! : 1000-1
8. Natural Event Space Origin: 2500-1
9. Any of Points 1,2,3,4,6,7 - but False Flag. Aw hell - any of the points above. 2-1

and so on and so forth.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If it is supposed to be a threat from space...I think we're talking killer asteroid.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Aliens are coming aliens are coming!

I get the feeling you are being play'd.
they are feaking you all out.
so that you will DO as they say.

Just Dont.
fear is the mind killer.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Inside job incoming!

This is what crossed my mind.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

You mean?...

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
1000-1 aliens. no 10-1.
they can use it to MAKE the world follow them.
you dont play the game. then Aliens or they will Nuc you.
they can say you are helping the aliens.
Aliens = CIA Fake aliens.
you have been Told for some time that this is coming.

originally posted by: Springbok

3. Terrorism Muslim 5-1
9. Any of Points 1,2,3,4,6,7 - but False Flag. Aw hell - any of the points above. 2-1

and so on and so forth.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: onestonemonkey

If they do put nukes in space it will be in direct violation of the 1967 Outer Space Treaty. If they then used them, it would pretty much be considered an act of war.

What is more, a nuclear explosion generates an EMP as a consequence of the interaction of the high energy particles (radiation, in simple terms) generated by the blast with the atmosphere causing ionization and massive electrical currents, which short out circuitry....If I remember correctly.

Effective against Earth-based circuitry, but, I would think of only limited value in space where, lacking atmosphere to ionize and transfer the high voltage "death spikes", the greatest risk to orbiting satellites would be from debris (which could be more easily and cheaply generated by conventional explosives) and bombardment by "hard" radiation (which diminishes with distance from the source).

Taking out a satellite (or several) is like taking out a flea with a sledge hammer.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

I would also think pretty much all satellites would be hardened. Especially since they're pretty much constantly getting buffeted by solar radiation.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Springbok

“Capitol Hill sources told ABC News the threat was regarding Russia wanting to put nuclear weapons in space to use against satellites.”

I doubt it, they wish they could use that as a cover story, maybe they will…

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I just read "Russian Capabilities" So..... Either reverse engineered alien tech..(yea, still aliens!!!)
or
Just our own War Whores, freaking out over something Russia may say or do.

Fox News reporter says her Pentagon source confirmed that the threat is "related to SPACE"

Video of Fox News anchor saying this on Twitter

So Russia going with disclosure as FU?

Or just more Star Wars as Space Force saying "We are out of time"
edit on 14-2-2024 by pianopraze because: Satin changed to saying

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

So...
War Whores in Space, for the WIN!!!

Rather disappointing, but may still attract the aliens, as nukes seem to?

Course by then, it may be too late.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wonder what is really in MALLIGYONG-1?

Seriously though, a week after the Putin interview and the day the POTUS Press Secretary says if you do not pass the bill you are a friend of Iran, Russia and Trump, the RUSSIANS Are coming for us?

Link

White House Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Wednesday that Republicans who oppose a Biden administration-backed bill on foreign aid and border security are “siding with Trump, Vladimir Putin, and Tehran,” effectively accusing them of treason.

The current administration could not handle a lunch rush at McDonalds....

edit on Febpm29pmf0000002024-02-14T15:11:09-06:000309 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Is it a real threat or a psyop? We'll likely never know, but who would stand to benefit more in this highly charged election year?

Something to think about....

Senior U.S. officials said that Biden has decided not to follow through on his 2020 pledge to declare that the sole purpose of nuclear weapons is to deter a nuclear attack against the United States or its allies. Instead, he approved a version of a policy from the Obama administration that leaves open the option to use nuclear weapons not only in retaliation to a nuclear attack, but also to respond to non-nuclear threats.

Biden’s policy declares that the “fundamental role” of the U.S. nuclear arsenal is to deter a nuclear attack, but will still leave open the option that nuclear weapons could be used in “extreme circumstances to defend the vital interests of the United States or its allies and partners,”

[www.armscontrol.org...]

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springbok

3. Terrorism Muslim 5-1

and so on and so forth.

C'mon man. Whatever happened to White Supremacists being the number one terror threat to America? That's what Mayorkis said in 2021. He's the Homeland Security Secretary, he should know. He wouldn't lie to us.

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the start of Lent…

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join