It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we have been brainwashed regarding nutrition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foundryman2
a reply to: cdf21882

Honest question - where did your beef end up? Who did you sell it to?

What we didn't eat was sold at the cattle auction. Usually the steers would get bought by a packer and the heifers would be bought by other ranchers.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 2/10/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i am intrigued. never heard of this before. a reply to: silentbunker

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bscotti
i am intrigued. never heard of this before. a reply to: silentbunker

In fact, it has a double layer. A human body needs a lot of silicon (silicea terra - quartz) for the correct uptake of manganese.

If you want your body + mind to calm down fundamentally, then first focus on silicon. For strength and resilience.

Best taken as a 'cell salt' (other name: tissue salt). It's cell salt n°12 in the US, and n°11 in Europe.

Homeopathically (acidum silicicum C12) is also a good way to replenish deficits.

Good luck to anyone!
edit on 10-2-2024 by silentbunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Don't get me wrong I eat burgers- bacon -steaks and they taste great , But as I'm munching on my walnuts I realize a person can survive without the protein of meat , Our life spans could be changed if this was taught that 'gathering" could benefit you and extend your lifespan . The commercial items that feed us has been a type of control -

Sure something is made to taste outstanding and is excepted and pushed down the throats of people by commercials and just being alive around populations . We do not need meat we can get the same and better from Nuts and pesticide free veggies . Not as delicious as a burger "I eat one almost everyday'

I just hit 55 I think i'm going to convert to a gatherers diet . The problem now is I do not trust any commercial organic foods and even price heck I tried to make a glass of orange juice and realized it took 3 oranges just to get a half glass at $1.00 each .

Are we here to realize we don't have to hunt to survive after all humans are nothing like any animals on this planet so is this a lesson we are being taught or must understand before we can advance ?

After all I can't see many species that we can not live side by side with or understand how to not be eaten by the crocks or similar prehistoric types ,

I don't think humans were meant to be stationary either we were meant to be nomads .

You have a very valid point… but other than the macronutrients, there are other things we need within our diet than extend beyond a “gatherer diet” type. BCAA’s for example. While you can get them in many non meat sources, legumes and veggies and such, they are most readily found in meats. Creatine is another one that many overlook. You can not get creatine from any plant source. Without supplements, creatine is only naturally obtained through eating meat. Creatine is important in building and maintaining muscle mass and efficiency due to its role in producing and maintaining ATP levels. In short, creatine increases ATP levels, which provides your muscles more energy to function and their ability to function/grow. With our knowledge of nutrients today, you can certainly do a “gatherer diet” but it is generally lacking in overall nutrition and you most definitely will need supplements derived of nutrients than can be obtained from things more closely resembling a “hunters diet”.

ETA: the only brainwashing is the exclusion of micronutrients. The push to focus on macronutrients minimizes the much needed watch on micronutrients. THAT is the unhealthy part of our diets and nutrition today.
edit on 11-2-2024 by Phatal because: Eta

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I was homeless for five years and frequently went for a week or more without eating.

Your diets amuse me.

Try eating your own brain from genuine malnutrition and get back to us.

Vegans and vegetarians should be having a word with you.

Humans are omnivores. We need nutrients from each individual types of food sources to thrive. Otherwise, we starve ourselves of nutrients that can only be obtained from each source. Limiting yourself to only one type of nutrient source deprives your body and mind of what it should be taking in.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Im a deep thinker/diver as well as most people on this forum. We don't need to eat near as much as we do. We shouldn't be eating breakfast lunch and dinner. That's way too much food. I just about bet, no I do believe, what most people consume in a day, should be enough to get them through the week. I also think about the poisonous baby formula. Not too mention, we humans are the only mammals to drink milk forever and get that milk from another mammal. Kinda gross when you think about it. Its all about profits. The more fat and unhealthy the population is the more money for consumerism of big corps big pharma

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: huntedTheory

Im a deep thinker/diver as well as most people on this forum. We don't need to eat near as much as we do. We shouldn't be eating breakfast lunch and dinner. That's way too much food. I just about bet, no I do believe, what most people consume in a day, should be enough to get them through the week. I also think about the poisonous baby formula. Not too mention, we humans are the only mammals to drink milk forever and get that milk from another mammal. Kinda gross when you think about it. Its all about profits. The more fat and unhealthy the population is the more money for consumerism of big corps big pharma

Caloric intake has a direct impact on energy levels and a healthy maintenance of body weight and strength. Eating breakfast is not necessary, sure. Eating breakfast helps to regulate your eating throughout the day. Starving yourself is extremely detrimental to your health. Intermittent fasting for short periods of time, is actually quite healthy and has many health benefits… to do it non stop is not a very good idea. With every action you make, it burns calories and nutrients. You need to replenish them. To say you dont need as much food as people say is like saying you dont need to hydrate. Without hydration your body will shutdown. I am not saying you require in its pure for but you do need something that has water in it. Whether that water is from fruits or fruit drinks, or in its pure form, you NEED hydration. Milk is actually a very good source of hydration because of the fats and electrolytes within it, primarily potassium and sodium. It helps us to retain a lot of the water we take in.

ETA: i am a bit well versed on fitness. This is something i take seriously. I lift heavy but by no means is any where close to body builder type level. I do lift in an elite type range for my weight.

There is a saying… bodybuilding is 80% diet.

Eta #2: if you live a sedentary lifestyle, sure, you wont need the calories…. But in that case, big pharma has already won.

edit on 11-2-2024 by Phatal because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2024 by Phatal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

After all I cant see many species that we can not live side by side with or understand how to not be eaten by the crocks or similar prehistoric types ,

I wouldn't get too comfortable with that idea. To a bear, wolf, cougar, etc.. you're just another meal and an easy one at that. You may walk on 2 legs instead of 4, but you're still just meat.

If you want to go the natural route, starting a garden and canning your own will be the easiest, not to mention cheapest way to go.

That just shows how foreign we are to this planet over time we could make a dent in the animal human relationship but guess we can't change their instinct or diet and even if we could it would mess up the natural balance even more then we have all ready . But I can't not think we are here on Earth to restore a balance thats in chaos .

Just deep thinking on my part after a couple beers.

Going by this… imagine mosquitoes going vegetarian. They simply can not. It is not what kept them alive. They need to feed off of other living organisms. Prey animals have their place in the food chain for the predators… just like predators have their place that feed the parasites which in turn feed the prey that feed the predators. Cycle of life.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatal

Agreed, I'm a proud Omni myself.

I tried the Vegetarian diet in my youth out of concern for animal welfare and I found myself getting agitated and grumpy when craving meat and always caved in to the craving so it wasn't a long lived experiment.

I did some more indoor study and found sources of meat that were more humane and quick kills so the animal wasn't flooded with endorphins from fear that these sources claim taints the meat with natural chemistries and its in line with certain philosophical systems about meat eating practices and being grateful to the animal who gave its life that we might live.

Sounds like hippie bs but biochemislcally there turns our to be some validation behind a quick kill and the meat being less saturated with nastiness because of it.

I can look online for the reference sources if they're still available out there, but this was preinternet sources and I'm on a phone so it might take me a bit to find it.

I became disenchanted with the more extreme vegan movement when my schizophrenia started manifesting and my voices would fly into an ethical rage when I was trying to do something a simple as cream and sugar my morning coffee.

At first, it was tolerable, a gentle suggestion to try brown sugar or honey instead of refined sugar, but it quickly devolved into a full out argument from commanding voices from different schools of thought over the ethical ramifications of my choice of sweetener and creamer and it got to be too much and I had to get hardline with them for my own self preservation.

Cream or whole milk, any natural sweetener will do but I prefer syrups or raw cane sugar if possible.

It's just morning coffee, the fate of The World doesn't rest on my freaking shoulders every time I need a cup, sustainable business practices at a fair price cause I'm broke. Leave me alone you rabid extremists, lol.

There's a l9vely new Cafe in town that is very modern and has a plethora of delectable offerings, vegan friendly and very community oriented, but because they're so inclusive it's best to have your order memorized and ready to go.

I was spacing one morning and the barista (bless her heart) started listing all rhe dietary considerations for my bagel and cream cheese and vanilla latte, did I want rhe dairy free option, here's our selection of various milk substitutes, etc and so forth and I certainly admired her skill and memory because as a traditional barista classically trained I certainly couldn't keep up with the new directives out there, but I cut her short politely and told her it was OK, I was homeless for a while and just grateful for food and beverage, she didn't need to go out of her way to try and cater to every dietary and ethical consideration under the sun for my stupid little goofy ass and she laughed and we finished up quickly, I got my stuff and it was exceptional.

Anyway, apologies for the long rambling response but once you've known TRUE hunger, and you don't have any severe allergies or so forth, things change when it comes to being grateful for a full belly.

A lot of folks think rhe high preservative content Inca lit of foods is to " dumb us down" and while yes, such concentrations of certain salts and so forth can have a negative health impact over extended time (my husband I I just had three years of tuna helper pasta and doing rhe best we could given rising rents and so forth) the real reason behind these high preservative laden food stuffs came as a result of the Great Depression and the science behind mass canning and cheap mass produced food stocks with a long shelve life came to fruition.

It's been horribly abused over time, and a lit of folks don't know how to cook proper economically sound meals ( my husband and I are Gen X survival food kiddos, but we recently moved back in with his family due to rent increases and his step-dad and mom are teaching us how to cook proper food and vacuum seal leftovers and so forth). Home Economics was more about child rearing in the schools I attended, so I skipped out because I knew I wasn't destined for that blessing but anyway...

Mass produced high preservative quick meal prep box dinners. We call them Civilian MREs as a joke. And anyone whose ever eaten the military grade stuff knows its better than what soldiers get in rhe field, God Bless our servicemen and women while we're at it.

But yeah, off topic again, and I'll shut up because my coffee is getting cold from all my nonsense and I'll let you guys get back to business.

Thanks for reading I agree with your points wholeheartedly it's nice to meetcha and I hope you have a nice and fulfilling day.

Oh, we're eating better but my brain is obviously still a little AWOL so maybe that's qhy a lot of these extremist activists are being so freaking nutty.

On the bright side if they're bl8cking the meat or milk in protest most big of meat and potatoes folks can just gently pick them up and place them elsewhere and go about their shopping.

I know that's being kind and optimistic because I get a bit miffed when folks are zined out blocking my quick grab and pay and go shopping habits but I think you gist.

Eere all just trying to rise above rhe animals out here.

Peace to you and yours.

Sorry for typos on phone, and I'm a bit of a spaz this morning and can't be as concise and letter perfect as I usually am about spelling and grammar.

Please have mercy on my soul.
edit on 2/11/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Agreed, I'm a proud Omni myself.

I tried the Vegetarian diet in my youth out of concern for animal welfare and I found myself getting agitated and grumpy when craving meat and always caved in to the craving so it wasn't a long lived experiment.

I did some more indoor study and found sources of meat that were more humane and quick kills so the animal wasn't flooded with endorphins from fear that these sources claim taints the meat with natural chemistries and its in line with certain philosophical systems about meat eating practices and being grateful to the animal who gave its life that we might live.

Sounds like hippie bs but biochemislcally there turns our to be some validation behind a quick kill and the meat being less saturated with nastiness because of it.

I can look online for the reference sources if they're still available out there, but this was preinternet sources and I'm on a phone so it might take me a bit to find it.

I became disenchanted with the more extreme vegan movement when my schizophrenia started manifesting and my voices would fly into an ethical rage when I was trying to do something a simple as cream and sugar my morning coffee.

At first, it was tolerable, a gentle suggestion to try brown sugar or honey instead of refined sugar, but it quickly devolved into a full out argument from commanding voices from different schools of thought over the ethical ramifications of my choice of sweetener and creamer and it got to be too much and I had to get hardline with them for my own self preservation.

Cream or whole milk, any natural sweetener will do but I prefer syrups or raw cane sugar if possible.

It's just morning coffee, the fate of The World doesn't rest on my freaking shoulders every time I need a cup, sustainable business practices at a fair price cause I'm broke. Leave me alone you rabid extremists, lol.

There's a l9vely new Cafe in town that is very modern and has a plethora of delectable offerings, vegan friendly and very community oriented, but because they're so inclusive it's best to have your order memorized and ready to go.

I was spacing one morning and the barista (bless her heart) started listing all rhe dietary considerations for my bagel and cream cheese and vanilla latte, did I want rhe dairy free option, here's our selection of various milk substitutes, etc and so forth and I certainly admired her skill and memory because as a traditional barista classically trained I certainly couldn't keep up with the new directives out there, but I cut her short politely and told her it was OK, I was homeless for a while and just grateful for food and beverage, she didn't need to go out of her way to try and cater to every dietary and ethical consideration under the sun for my stupid little goofy ass and she laughed and we finished up quickly, I got my stuff and it was exceptional.

Anyway, apologies for the long rambling response but once you've known TRUE hunger, and you don't have any severe allergies or so forth, things change when it comes to being grateful for a full belly.

A lot of folks think rhe high preservative content Inca lit of foods is to " dumb us down" and while yes, such concentrations of certain salts and so forth can have a negative health impact over extended time (my husband I I just had three years of tuna helper pasta and doing rhe best we could given rising rents and so forth) the real reason behind these high preservative laden food stuffs came as a result of the Great Depression and the science behind mass canning and cheap mass produced food stocks with a long shelve life came to fruition.

It's been horribly abused over time, and a lit of folks don't know how to cook proper economically sound meals ( my husband and I are Gen X survival food kiddos, but we recently moved back in with his family due to rent increases and his step-dad and mom are teaching us how to cook proper food and vacuum seal leftovers and so forth). Home Economics was more about child rearing in the schools I attended, so I skipped out because I knew I wasn't destined for that blessing but anyway...

Mass produced high preservative quick meal prep box dinners. We call them Civilian MREs as a joke. And anyone whose ever eaten the military grade stuff knows its better than what soldiers get in rhe field, God Bless our servicemen and women while we're at it.

But yeah, off topic again, and I'll shut up because my coffee is getting cold from all my nonsense and I'll let you guys get back to business.

Thanks for reading I agree with your points wholeheartedly it's nice to meetcha and I hope you have a nice and fulfilling day.

Oh, we're eating better but my brain is obviously still a little AWOL so maybe that's qhy a lot of these extremist activists are being so freaking nutty.

On the bright side if they're bl8cking the meat or milk in protest most big of meat and potatoes folks can just gently pick them up and place them elsewhere and go about their shopping.

I know that's being kind and optimistic because I get a bit miffed when folks are zined out blocking my quick grab and pay and go shopping habits but I think you gist.

Eere all just trying to rise above rhe animals out here.

Peace to you and yours.

I’ll try to reply to some of your points. My attention span is a bit short, especially this early in the morning lol. My apologies.

I have read up on a few articles about the whole fear thing tainting the meat. I am unsure how i feel about that one. I do agree with quick kills for ethical reasons. In my youth i was a fairly avid hunter. Today, i just do not have the means to do so. I would much prefer to eat meat that comes from a single shot quick kill.

If I had easier access to foods that were not as heavily processed than what is available today, i would much rather prefer those. I dislike how everything commercially available is over processed. Whether it be food we eat or the beverages we drink. Its too much and seems unnecessary at times.

I myself was in the Army, deployed to Iraq in 2007-2008 and again 2009-2010. MRE’s were a blessing lol. Sure, they tasted horrible… but they were much needed calories. There was nothing like that hard compressed mouth drying piece of bread to munch on while patrolling the streets to quell the hunger pains.😂

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

There is still much debate over the fear endorphins, some folks aren't affected by it, others claim its not Kosher or Ha'al.

Others claim it IS Kosher or Ha'al, but I suppose we will see those differences in practice, interpretation and opinion until the End of Days because there are so many different Predator Prey dynamics here on Earth.

I wouldn't touch on more extreme dietary practices for personal reasons and community guidelines and out of respect for Other Cultures.

It's just polite.

But yeah, I've eaten hard bread many times too.

Sucks when you don't have a liquid to soften it a bit.

I do confess I get a bit angry when certain folks get abusive to minimum wage waitresses who isn't allowed tips for not bringing them the "perfect sandwich" and angrily demand it be rectified as if she anything to do with its preparation, and my mind goes to dark places.

I'm working on that, I assure you.

I mean, I understand dietary sensitivities and getting your money's worth but really....wow. Bad form.

Sorry, I'm a Military Brat and still working through some stuff I've been through on the schizophrenic frontlines but it's nice to meet ya and I've added you to my friends list for being nice to me even though I'm weird.

I tend to do unto others as I would have done unto me rather than the other way around.

It's been a wild ride.

Did ya catch the intro to the Superbowl?

It was so beautiful I cried.

God Bless and Godspeed.

Peace.

edit on 2/11/24 by GENERAL EYES because: Spellin.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan May not be so true. That study in the 80s, after which we were all told to eat polyunsaturates and fill up on carbs, was falsified. The results were incorrect, and have likely caused the huge rise in obesity and diabetes we are seeing now. Nuts are good, dont get me wrong, but the food pyrmaid is prett much upside down. I dont eat meat btw, havent really for nearly 40 years, thats my choice, but much of the veggie food out there is much worse for you than good quality meat...

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I feel ya. I satiate myself with colorie dense foods such as nuts as well. I actually ate my way into a heart condition called PVCs by eating way too much sodium dense food, mainly bbq type stuff ie pork, ribs, burgers. I was trying keto with all that but the salt gave me high blood pressure and hypertension. Ive been eating nuts and cucumbers with tzaziki 2 months ago and have lost 20lbs and feel better than ever. No meat except fish. (I get free pistaccios, veggies and salmon, halibut and cod from work) reply to: Ravenwatcher

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

All you have to do is meet a 10 year vegan or 20 year vegetarian and you'll understand why we need meat. Never seen anyone as sickly as they are.

You can survive, sure. But you can survive on booze and cheetos too. Not really a great way to live.
edit on 13-2-2024 by Fairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If we have food to eat, let's be happy and eat it.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong I eat burgers- bacon -steaks and they taste great , But as I'm munching on my walnuts I realize a person can survive without the protein of meat , Our life spans could be changed if this was taught that 'gathering" could benefit you and extend your lifespan . The commercial items that feed us has been a type of control -

Sure something is made to taste outstanding and is excepted and pushed down the throats of people by commercials and just being alive around populations . We do not need meat we can get the same and better from Nuts and pesticide free veggies . Not as delicious as a burger "I eat one almost everyday'

I just hit 55 I think i'm going to convert to a gatherers diet . The problem now is I do not trust any commercial organic foods and even price heck I tried to make a glass of orange juice and realized it took 3 oranges just to get a half glass at $1.00 each .

Are we here to realize we don't have to hunt to survive after all humans are nothing like any animals on this planet so is this a lesson we are being taught or must understand before we can advance ?

After all I can't see many species that we can not live side by side with or understand how to not be eaten by the crocks or similar prehistoric types ,

I don't think humans were meant to be stationary either we were meant to be nomads .

Isn't one of the big reasons why the California Native Americans died out because as they were forced into smaller and smaller areas, they could no longer eat their traditional diet which included meat?

I seem to remember when they found Ishi, he was incredibly malnourished because he was living off of plants.

I think modern vegetarians require tons of supplements to stay healthy, and even then, every one I've met looks malnourished.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join