It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we have been brainwashed regarding nutrition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong I eat burgers- bacon -steaks and they taste great , But as I'm munching on my walnuts I realize a person can survive without the protein of meat , Our life spans could be changed if this was taught that 'gathering" could benefit you and extend your lifespan . The commercial items that feed us has been a type of control -

Sure something is made to taste outstanding and is excepted and pushed down the throats of people by commercials and just being alive around populations . We do not need meat we can get the same and better from Nuts and pesticide free veggies . Not as delicious as a burger "I eat one almost everyday'

I just hit 55 I think i'm going to convert to a gatherers diet . The problem now is I do not trust any commercial organic foods and even price heck I tried to make a glass of orange juice and realized it took 3 oranges just to get a half glass at $1.00 each .

Are we here to realize we don't have to hunt to survive after all humans are nothing like any animals on this planet so is this a lesson we are being taught or must understand before we can advance ?

After all I can't see many species that we can not live side by side with or understand how to not be eaten by the crocks or similar prehistoric types ,

I don't think humans were meant to be stationary either we were meant to be nomads .
edit on 9-2-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

After all I cant see many species that we can not live side by side with or understand how to not be eaten by the crocks or similar prehistoric types ,

I wouldn't get too comfortable with that idea. To a bear, wolf, cougar, etc.. you're just another meal and an easy one at that. You may walk on 2 legs instead of 4, but you're still just meat.

If you want to go the natural route, starting a garden and canning your own will be the easiest, not to mention cheapest way to go.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

After all I cant see many species that we can not live side by side with or understand how to not be eaten by the crocks or similar prehistoric types ,

I wouldn't get too comfortable with that idea. To a bear, wolf, cougar, etc.. you're just another meal and an easy one at that. You may walk on 2 legs instead of 4, but you're still just meat.

If you want to go the natural route, starting a garden and canning your own will be the easiest, not to mention cheapest way to go.

That just shows how foreign we are to this planet over time we could make a dent in the animal human relationship but guess we can't change their instinct or diet and even if we could it would mess up the natural balance even more then we have all ready . But I can't not think we are here on Earth to restore a balance thats in chaos .

Just deep thinking on my part after a couple beers.
edit on 9-2-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think the rule of thumb is this, for me anyways: if the government and other elite types tell you not to eat something and they spend massive amounts of money to push that narrative, you should probably do the opposite. I was raised on a cattle ranch and we ate beef that we raised and it was nothing like what is in stores. Most food that we eat, regardless whether it's meat, vegetables, or whatever that comes from stores and fast food chains is highly processed, and I believe it’s by design. It's to keep us in poor health.

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Don't get me wrong I eat burgers- bacon -steaks and they taste great , But as I'm munching on my walnuts I realize a person can survive without the protein of meat , Our life spans could be changed if this was taught that 'gathering" could benefit you and extend your lifespan . The commercial items that feed us has been a type of control -

Sure something is made to taste outstanding and is excepted and pushed down the throats of people by commercials and just being alive around populations . We do not need meat we can get the same and better from Nuts and pesticide free veggies . Not as delicious as a burger "I eat one almost everyday'

I just hit 55 I think i'm going to convert to a gatherers diet . The problem now is I do not trust any commercial organic foods and even price heck I tried to make a glass of orange juice and realized it took 3 oranges just to get a half glass at $1.00 each .

Are we here to realize we don't have to hunt to survive after all humans are nothing like any animals on this planet so is this a lesson we are being taught or must understand before we can advance ?

After all I can't see many species that we can not live side by side with or understand how to not be eaten by the crocks or similar prehistoric types ,

I don't think humans were meant to be stationary either we were meant to be nomads .

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No one has exactly been lied to. I think it's common knowledge that a bunch of walnuts for lunch are better for you than a hamburger. I just eat the hamburger because I like eating the hamburger better.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The number one rule is to avoid processed food stuffs from the grocery stores as much as you can. Eat fresh foods if at all possible. Even a lot of the frozen stuff is "processed". Meat products for sandwiches like bologna, etc. found in the stores is highly processed; it's got practically no food value. All of the typical bread products are mostly just sugar and preservatives.

It becomes really difficult to avoid the processed foods once you start to try to do so. Canned soups are junk, you have to make your own soups. It's not easy.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The nutrient manganese (as manganese sulphate MnSO4) will set you free from the matrix.

It makes your cartilage strong and resilient, and throws all toxic metals (mercury, aluminum, arsenic, lead, cadmium,...) out of your body.

Manganese is the ultimate antidote to all evil spirits.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was homeless for five years and frequently went for a week or more without eating.

Your diets amuse me.

Try eating your own brain from genuine malnutrition and get back to us.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   

One thing I remind myself, especially from my days in the packaging industry as an artist that had to scrutinise words smaller than most can read comfortably, is that something that says "100%" means just that. It is a deception in favour of convenience and laziness for a mass producer that ensures maximum profit.

"100% beef" is eyes, lips, testicles, poo, snot, udders and every other thing that is a cow. And it takes quite a bit of digestion to deal with some foods so bear that in mind and don't assume everybody is the same. Too much meat cannot be digested easily and it's actually a waste.

100% juice is all of the fruit and perhaps those fruit are genetically modified to absorb and/or hold much more water, so the pulping process is the skin, the odd leaf, the stalk and everything.

One orange that you squeeze yourself is probably better for you than the equivalent cost in "100% orange juice"

Also, food you grow yourself comes with one unique ingredient. LOVE.

Perhaps getting together with like-minded people in your area would mean you could grow more of your own food, learn to trade and share, and also extend that to other things like tobacco, soap products, and things with KNOWN ingredients. The knowledge is also shared and that can be priceless. Buying in bulk from a reputable source may also mean that the good stuff isn't that much more expensive when there is a CO-OP mentality fueling it.

A good butcher will cut a whole animal into freezer sized pieces which makes it more cost effective, planting a single crop means one grower can focus on it but exchange for other crops.

Meat IS a great source because many of the things that would need to be supplemented if it isn't eaten are contained within...depending on the meat source.

Perhaps get together with some friends and visit a "Farmers Market", but don't just shop, speak to the owners and producers, they WILL help you learn what is possible.

Good luck, stay healthy and be happy. Never give up Bacon.
but lay off the

edit on 9/2/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There is a show on Netflix, I forget the name...The man eats everything as if the food pyramid were flipped upside down. So mostly meat, and red meat at that, lots of fruits and veggies, milk maybe 1 to 3 times a week and sparingly, he would have grains, if any. Sugar was cut out completely. A the beginning of the two years, they took two autistic people who were non verbal, two patients witn cancer and two regular guys. By the end of the documentary, the two men with cancer had no cancer detected, one of the autistic people had begun speaking for the first time ever, and the two normal guys were healthy as can be with their scientific age going down. It was an amazing documentary and needless to say, those involved decided to keep up the zero grains and high red meat diet. I forget the name. The Magic Card or something...or so.ething totally unrelated to that...

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Humans are omnivores, always have been. Historically in the vast way back when, we ate what was available, we gathered, we followed herds and slaughtered what we could eat, carry, preserve. In the narrow now, every supplier, manufacturer, marketing outfit, wants their share of our crust and will tell us anything they think will work to get us to buy their over processed, mass produced foodstuffs, and this applies to the 'organic' markets as well as any other.

The old or traditional way was more balanced than western diets are now but the big change came with agriculture and adopting cereal based diet, the way of Cain. We can get up to 20% of our dietary protein needs from wheat but it is not a fallacy that man cannot live by bread alone.

So, balance and a little of what you fancy does you good.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I was homeless for five years and frequently went for a week or more without eating.

Your diets amuse me.

Yes.

A good 3-day (dry) fasting every now and then, is way more healthy than stressing on possible diets.
edit on 9-2-2024 by silentbunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Throughout our evolutionary history, humans have lived on all kinds of different diets. The native populations of Eskimo and Masai live almost entirely on seal meat and blubber in one case and cattle meat, blood, and milk on the other. Agriculture based communities can live largely on grains and legumes. People living near the sea shore can live on fish and shellfish. Hunter-gathers live on anything that comes their way. It's not clear to me (maybe someone else has different information) that there are systematic differences in lifespan among those different groups, just based on diet.

Here in Northern California, I live on poached Salmon, eggplant caponata, sourdough bread and Sauvignon Blanc. So far, so good.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Your diets amuse me.

I was homeless also as a kid I would steal bags of potatoes and can's of cashews from the market . I would get gifts of ramen and burger patties from my grandmother. She also would leave her back door open for me to sneak in for a frozen pizza she had in the freezer all because my uncle hated me and lived next door he threaten to kill me because he thought I was taking advantage of my sweet grandma . i stayed in abandoned houses when the temps were freezing . My Father left and my step mother told me to leave at 15 years old . So I know the feeling .

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Everyone knows the food pyramid is upside down, inverted.
edit on 9-2-2024 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   
But I can't not think we are here on Earth to restore a balance thats in chaos.

Balance: In nature, As above, so below: A tree has a trunk and going up are branching with leaves, getting food from the sun and giving oxygen to the beings of Earth (not just humans). And follow the trunk down where there are roots branching out seeking water and keeping the soil moist for worms and insects to hydrate and enrich the soil to sustain life. The Yin and Yang. The Sun and the Oceans, the light and the dark. Even Newton’s third Law; ‘For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction’ So notice how everything that is destroying Humanity is out of balance; creating chaos? The hard championing of transgender isn’t/homosexuality (I feel for the homosexual s who don’t want to be defined & categorized by who they like to “play-patty-cake” with). Dividing & separating The Family units. Devaluation/Belittling of The Woman/The Mother and the Irrelevance/de masculinity of The Man/ The Father. The Orwellian speak, War is Peace, Slavery is Freedom, Ignorance is Knowledge, etc.
Even off-setting frequencies!

Dandelions are weeds; use Round Up kill them. Wild lettuce is a weed, use around Up to kill it
We have been conditioned to poison nature for providing us with real food we can grow on our own. Cows must laugh at us stupid humans!! (But putting them on the BBQ teaches them!!) A manicured lawn is pretty but a bed of poison.

Apologies to the OP for my tirade!

a reply to: [=27296580]Ravenwatcher[/post]

edit on 10-2-2024 by UnRepentantHarlequin27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Definitely have been mislead and lied to. Heck physicians only get two weeks of nutritional classes, they're lied to also.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The big problem is that most of us live to eat.

We should be eating to live.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You know that sounds like a very rural or suburban sad story, and I have heard similar ones too many times before, and they typically are from the kids I worked with at a paintball field in rural Hillsborough County. I just don't understand how a family unit devolves too such a point, with the exception of substance abuse. At the heart of all these stories, someone who is supposed to be in charge has a substance abuse issue and it causes a complete deterioration of the traditional family unit.

Anger projection, violent abuse, verbal abuse, psychological abuse. I personally witnessed a handful of these as a teenager in the city. But working at the paintball field temporarily when I did, those stories were just all too common with the rural kids.

In any case, I love meat, but if I had to somehow replace the protein with plant stuff I think tree nuts and avocados are essential. Legumens or however they are spelled are also essential.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cdf21882

Honest question - where did your beef end up? Who did you sell it to?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join