It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic senator reveals 'people we care about most' are 'undocumented Americans' in US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In an interview with MSNBC, Sen Chris Murphy (D) said that the Democrats care most about 'undocumented Americans'. Not actual Americans who were born here or who came here legally. But 'undocumented Americans'.

HEY CHRIS ... they aren't 'undocumented Americans'. They are ILLEGALS. Line jumpers who refuse to follow the immigration laws and come over the border illegally. Tens of millions breaking the law, invading, and destroying the economy and running amok with crime.

At least he finally said out loud what we all knew ... Democrats don't care about actual Americans and America. We should be the #1 priority ... but we aren't for them.

Democratic senator reveals 'people we care about most' are 'undocumented Americans' in US

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., said Wednesday that the Democratic Party's push for a path to citizenship in border legislation has failed the people they "care about most" in this country, "undocumented Americans."

MSNBC host Chris Hayes asked Murphy about the border security bill and said, rather than pushing for a path to citizenship in border legislation negotiations like the party has in the past, Democrats were using Ukraine funding.

"Well, I mean, Chris, that’s been a failed play for 20 years. So you are right that that has been the Democratic strategy for 30 years, maybe, and it has failed to deliver for the people we care about most, the undocumented Americans that are in this country," Murphy said.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Consider the audience he woos and the MSM PR that makes millions automatically think now that the Migrants are automatically Americans just cuz they're here. 😃

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I agree. Have to give him props for saying the quiet part out loud. Now if we can just get them to admit they are only doing it for votes.

originally posted by: FlyersFan
In an interview with MSNBC, Sen Chris Murphy (D) said that the Democrats care most about 'undocumented Americans'. Not actual Americans who were born here or who came here legally. But 'undocumented Americans'.

HEY CHRIS ... they aren't 'undocumented Americans'. They are ILLEGALS. Line jumpers who refuse to follow the immigration laws and come over the border illegally. Tens of millions breaking the law, invading, and destroying the economy and running amok with crime.

At least he finally said out loud what we all knew ... Democrats don't care about actual Americans and America. We should be the #1 priority ... but we aren't for them.

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., said Wednesday that the Democratic Party's push for a path to citizenship in border legislation has failed the people they "care about most" in this country, "undocumented Americans."

MSNBC host Chris Hayes asked Murphy about the border security bill and said, rather than pushing for a path to citizenship in border legislation negotiations like the party has in the past, Democrats were using Ukraine funding.

"Well, I mean, Chris, that’s been a failed play for 20 years. So you are right that that has been the Democratic strategy for 30 years, maybe, and it has failed to deliver for the people we care about most, the undocumented Americans that are in this country," Murphy said.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This dude isn’t qualified to be a politician. He told the truth!!

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Homeland Secretary Mayorkis has been asked to estimate the number of illegals in the U.S.
To no one's surprise, he didn't know. The U.S. Census Bureau has been told to say there's between 10 - 12 million, which is utterly ridiculous, since they have absolutely no way of determining. They site B.S. 'statistical models", and have even claimed that with margins for error, their estimates are accurate to within 250,000 people. How could they possibly know that?

Even sillier are the low estimates given by some dem congresspeople of 4 -5 million illegals. The sad fact is, there may be close to 30 million! That's more than double the combined populations of New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

A study by Yale which came to light in 2018, says there are easily over 20 million. Even using analysis for 'lowest case scenarios', they were seeing 16 million.

After running 1,000,000 simulations of the model, the researchers’ 95% probability range is 16 million to 29 million, with 22.1 million as the mean.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah, but was he actually saying that, or has FauxNews once again twisted things to make a headline out of a nothingburger comment?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
Homeland Secretary Mayorkis has been asked to estimate the number of illegals in the U.S.
To no one's surprise, he didn't know. The U.S. Census Bureau has been told to say there's between 10 - 12 million, which is utterly ridiculous, since they have absolutely no way of determining. They site B.S. 'statistical models", and have even claimed that with margins for error, their estimates are accurate to within 250,000 people. How could they possibly know that?

Even sillier are the low estimates given by some dem congresspeople of 4 -5 million illegals. The sad fact is, there may be close to 30 million! That's more than double the combined populations of New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.

A study by Yale which came to light in 2018, says there are easily over 20 million. Even using analysis for 'lowest case scenarios', they were seeing 16 million.

After running 1,000,000 simulations of the model, the researchers’ 95% probability range is 16 million to 29 million, with 22.1 million as the mean.

If there were 30 million undocumented Hispanics or Latinos, then as a rough estimate they would have had roughly 19 million children born in the US to them (based upon the ratios in the US census numbers below):

There are 65.2 million documented Hispanics or Latinos, and 42.6 million children of documented Hispanics or Latinos born in the US.

That would mean there must be 156.2 million Hispanics or Latinos in a country of 330 million people (47.3% of the total population). That is very nearly every second person in the US is Hispanic.

Yet, according to census figures, only 18.9% of the population is Hispanic or Latino. Which would make more sense with the 11.2 million undocumented (and therefore 7.3 million children born there to them) people in the official estimate.

edit on 2024-02-08T16:09:42-06:0004Thu, 08 Feb 2024 16:09:42 -060002pm00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I certainly agree that the 30 million
figure doesn't even seem possible.
We will know soon enough, though.

It's a known fact there are well over 2 million illegals in California, and probably closer to 3 million. Then we must consider Texas and Arizona. And that's just a start.

All the bigger cities have sizeable illegal populations. There's just no way of knowing what the total is.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Illegal aliens are, by their very nature, illegal.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This Maine officials says illegal aliens are a higher priority than veterans, because veterans speak English.

slaynews.com...

When are we going to start seeing these kooks snap, and get committed to the funny farm, or jump off a bridge?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You know what the hardest part I have with all this?

Is watching people like you complain about this then turn around and support policies that displace millions of people around the globe.

If you really wanna stop illegally immigration write your senators and tell them not to sanction South American countries to the point where they collapse and their populations have no choice but to either flee or starve. No amount of walls will save us from what's coming next. We must cut this off at the sources.

Venezuela, Guatemala, and Ecuador have been destroyed by Obama era policies and sanctions.
Source

If we removed them I guarantee a large portion of illegal immigrants would return home immediately.

Sad I have to add this as a disclaimer, but honestly that's a reflection of you all not me.

Understanding the causes and correlations of illegal immigration doesn't mean I support illegal immigration. It simply means I have taken the time and energy to look past the legacy media(FOX included) BS to see far enough up stream to see the actual source of the problem.
edit on 8-2-2024 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

I certainly agree that the 30 million
figure doesn't even seem possible.
We will know soon enough, though.

It's a known fact there are well over 2 million illegals in California, and probably closer to 3 million. Then we must consider Texas and Arizona. And that's just a start.

All the bigger cities have sizeable illegal populations. There's just no way of knowing what the total is.

The thing is that you are assuming that those undocumented people came in recently over the Southern border, but that is probably not the case.

Large chunks of both Texas and California were already Spanish colonies, that later identified as Mexican when Mexico achieved independence.

At the time when the US invaded Mexico, took their land, and massacred their inhabitants, there were an estimated 310,000 Mexicans living in California and about 7,000 living in Texas (although the US military actions there are reputed to have depopulated the area at the time in excess of 50% of its original population).

So it stands to reason that quite a few Hispanic and Latino people living in those states have not crossed the border undocumented, and would actually have a stronger claim to the land than Americans, if such were to be recognized.

edit on 2024-02-08T22:16:01-06:0010Thu, 08 Feb 2024 22:16:01 -060002pm00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think (havent slept well so ton of salt) if you included the (reaching into memory) the 10 million or so that was estimated to be here in the late 80s-mid 90s, then some claim including estimates on got aways we are pushing 10 million since 2020.

IF those numbers were both right we are in the realm of 30 million.

Nothing more than a wild arsed guess.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
You know what the hardest part I have with all this?

Is watching people like you complain about this then turn around and support policies that displace millions of people around the globe.

If you really wanna stop illegally immigration write your senators and tell them not to sanction South American countries to the point where they collapse and their populations have no choice but to either flee or starve. No amount of walls will save us from what's coming next. We must cut this off at the sources.

Venezuela, Guatemala, and Ecuador have been destroyed by Obama era policies and sanctions.
Source

If we removed them I guarantee a large portion of illegal immigrants would return home immediately.

Sad I have to add this as a disclaimer, but honestly that's a reflection of you all not me.

Understanding the causes and correlations of illegal immigration doesn't mean I support illegal immigration. It simply means I have taken the time and energy to look past the legacy media(FOX included) BS to see far enough up stream to see the actual source of the problem.

For the slow ones that need to read this post again
just so they can attempt to understand
edit on Thu, 08 Feb 2024 22:18:55 -06001810America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I think (havent slept well so ton of salt) if you included the (reaching into memory) the 10 million or so that was estimated to be here in the late 80s-mid 90s, then some claim including estimates on got aways we are pushing 10 million since 2020.

IF those numbers were both right we are in the realm of 30 million.

Nothing more than a wild arsed guess.

Yeah, but as I demonstrated, that number does not jibe with reasonably accurate current population demographics.

So it is possible that those larger estimated numbers err on the side of the opinions of people who have an ethnically biased political agenda.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
This Maine officials says illegal aliens are a higher priority than veterans, because veterans speak English.

slaynews.com...

When are we going to start seeing these kooks snap, and get committed to the funny farm, or jump off a bridge?

Would that be "jump of a bridge" Putin Style?

Just need to know if you are advocating murder?
edit on Thu, 08 Feb 2024 22:35:43 -06003510America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

slaynews.com...

I don't advocate murder unless its deserved. Killing one's self is called "suicide". It can be done quickly, or slowly, by smoking, eating too much, being overly cynical, etc..

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

slaynews.com...

I don't advocate murder unless its deserved. Killing one's self is called "suicide". It can be done quickly, or slowly, by smoking, eating too much, being overly cynical, etc..

So in this case do the so called "kooks", deserve to be jumped of a bridge?
What is their crime that deserves this punishment?

Im hoping you are going to say, that you dont agree with what "kooks" said, but would defend their right to say it?
edit on Thu, 08 Feb 2024 22:50:31 -06005010America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Why do they love illegals so much anyways?

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

<<   2 >>

join