It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Romeo talks about why he's certain he found the wreckage of Amelia Earhart's missing plane

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   
anyone saying what it is or isnt based off the offered images is a fool or trying to sell something.

This guy is trying to get funding for something hence tying it to her, anyone looking at the image and saying 100% cannot be her is fooling themselves you have nothing but a best bad guess considering how long its potentially been in the water.

only if they get down there with the needed equipment will we know, more likely would be a military plane from ww2.

but we will most likely never know, though if he suddenly gets funding to move forward then he has something else besides a hunch.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
More power to him. Living out an adventure. Worst case scenario. He solves the mystery of someone’s missing family member(s)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

He spent 11 million dollars of his own money on this. I hope he's found it. Here's my thread from a few days ago about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

He spent 11 million dollars of his own money on this. I hope he's found it. Here's my thread from a few days ago about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice thread….

My bad…..I didn’t think to look in mainstream news forum. Since it was aviation related….I naturally gravitated towards the Aircraft forum.

Funny…..the mods usually catch something like that to close the new thread while directing folks to the first thread posted addressing the same subject.

I guess they are short handed….

I to actually hopes he finds it…..perhaps remnants of her bones is still in the craft….for complete closure.

👽
edit on 1-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If they ran out of fuel they would have ditched, most likely surviving that. The cruel part is trying to survive after the plane slowly sinks away.
edit on 1-2-2024 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   
MY money would be on a SaberJet or a MIG 15. They fit the profile much better.
Also, if that was a Lockheed Electra and the wings were bent back like that, it would have opened up a few gaps where the leading edge of the wings met the fuselage.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
MY money would be on a SaberJet or a MIG 15. They fit the profile much better.
Also, if that was a Lockheed Electra and the wings were bent back like that, it would have opened up a few gaps where the leading edge of the wings met the fuselage.

Nobody will know unless they go look.

www.livescience.com...

But a fighter? That far out? Surely there would be some record of a carrier losing a fighter?

Navy Recovers F/A-18E Super Hornet Blown off Deck of USS Harry S. Truman

news.usni.org...

The F/A-18E Super Hornet blown off the deck of an aircraft carrier was recovered 9,500 feet under the Mediterranean Sea, U.S. 6th Fleet announced on Monday.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Shrugs..

RC-3 Seabee

en.m.wikipedia.org...

RC3 Republic Sea Bee

www.shipwreckstories.com...

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

Deep Sea Vision

posted on Feb, 4 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazy88

That is interesting. The aircraft, however, appears upside down and it had a lot of radar gear on top. If the wings broke at the fusalage then the wings would lower themselves so the tips hit the ocean bottom. That would make a side view of the sonar look like they were swept wings.

Good example though, as what is really needed is a photo.
There is no need to send a manned submersible down there (especially since what has happened recently). The supposed Electra is deeper than the Titanic, so what ever they can get unmanned will be fairly expensive.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

She did have the Opportunity to send a Message that her Plane Landed on a Reef after running Out of Fuel .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join