It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe we are facing Apocalypse. The 'Unveiling' signifiying that the world is at an End.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Exactly. The sky will always be falling if you look hard enough.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NoOneButMeAgain
" But technology is the only thing that will advance humanity. Not religion. "

Sorry, but these are the most ignorant words I've seen spoken all day.... With out religion/morality, you ASSURE that technology will be used to destroy humanity.

Lets look at a few examples we can easily see in society today... Because of the belief of evolution, people believe they can take the food God perfectly designed for us to eat and improve upon it. Studies are now showing GMO foods are very destructive to health and the fertility of the human race.

Then we also have MRNA vaccines and vaccines in general... because we don't recognize God designed our immune systems we try and hack the system God designed and it is destroying the male population with autism(regular vaccines). The MRNA vaccines have been used to change humanity's Genome and kill untold millions of people globally.

as a result of just these 2 "technology innovations" human life spans have shortened by over a decade and the quality of life has been negatively impacted(people are much sicker overall)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeedRacer2023

So we should throw out modern agriculture and medicine because God's design is perfect?

If we did that the world's population would drop substantially.

Evolution is a scientific fact. Modern agriculture and animal husbandry depends on science and technology to achieve yields that allow the population to be fed. Modern medicine has eradicated diseases that ravaged the population in centuries past, and makes many conditions treatable and survivable.

This post is one of the most glaring examples of how religion is actively harmful to our society. You would have us go backwards because it offends your belief in God. Whose existence is not proven. The benefits of modern agriculture and medicine are.

The major problem I believe is corporate greed which demands higher and higher growth each year for investors and peak capitalism which does not allow for infinite growth in a finite market. Not science and technology.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoOneButMeAgain
a reply to: andy06shake

Exactly. The sky will always be falling if you look hard enough.

Right now for me that would be the Apophis asteroid. I am drawn to this potential doomsday event and I want some astronomer to say, without a doubt it will pass us by - but so far they don't.
edit on q00000045229America/Chicago4141America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

God comes back when he does because humanity destroys this planet.... God said he will destroy those who destroy the earth.... and God states if he doesn't come back when he does, no flesh will be saved!

I"ve known since 9/11 that we were in the last generation(40 years) of life on earth. The link below is a preacher reading from book 9, page 11 of testimonies to the church and this was recorded in November of 1999(its his y2k speech), 2 years before the events of 9/11!!! This book was written over 100 years ago by a lady who had visions/dreams. what he doesn't say is the chapter heading he is reading from is "the Final Generation" .

youtu.be...

Not only are we in the final generation, but the events leading to the mark of the beast are all in place(and 99% of christianity has it all wrong). First up we need to define some terms as they are defined by the bible-

Beast = kingdom( usually a world empire that rules over Gods people)

woman= church ( in revelation Gods churches are pictured as a woman and you can see these symbol contain God's people as the final warning is given to the harlot of revelation 17 "come out of her my people" ..... a good woman is a church that keeps Gods law, a harlot is a church that doesn't keep the 10 commandments. This is defined through out the bible, God pictures Israel as his bride, when they do what is right, they are a good chased bride to be.... when they are rebellious, they are pictured as a harlot bride. For instance read hosea. his marriage to a harlot was to symbolize the bad relationship to the church at that time. This is important to understand as being in a harlot church in the end times will cost you your salvation)

So lets start with where revelation picks up at the time of Christ and sweeps through history(revelation 12)

the woman here is clothed with the sun and stands on the moon and has 12 stars above her head... this is the true church. the lights here(the sun and moon) are the greater and lesser lights... Gods word, the bible is to be a light unto our path... the lesser light (moon) is foundational and she is standing on it... this is the old testament.
she wears the robes of righteousness of grace were told about in the new testament Gospels(sun) and is guided by the starts of the church leadership of the 12 apostles.

The church is attacked by the red dragon which is Satan working through the world empires of our fallen world. this 7 headed dragon with 10 horns and 7 crowns on his heads is the roman empire... we know it is because it tries to kill Christ as a child(king Herod) and he is caught up to God(resurrected) and then the dragon turns its fury to the woman( you should be picturing Christians being thrown to the lions in the coliseum ) and the woman fled to the wilderness for 1260 days. this means the true church went underground for 1260 years. The 10 horns are the 10 kingdoms rome broke up into, the 7 heads are the 7 that lasted(3 were uprooted as you read in Daniel 7) these 7 kingdoms were monarchy's as they wear crowns.

The dragon gives its seat and authority to THE BEAST! this is the same power described in Daniel 7 as the little horn and paul said is the antichrist. This power attempted to change Gods Times and law.... the catholic church during this time changed the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday and erased the 2nd commandment so they could have statues in church. The change of the 4th commandment on the sabbath will be used for the mark of the beast at the end of time.

Again.. it has 7 heads and 10 horns because it is the fallen roman empire which broke up into the nations of Europe. This beast ruled again for 42 month(which is 1260 days). These monarchs answered to the antichrist (pope) who claimed to be the divine ruler over all the earth(crowned with a triple crown as king over heaven, hell and earth...pope also claims what he binds on earth, is bound in heaven and God himself must follow it) This power ruled from 538 to 1798 when the pope was taken captive and the catholic church received its deadly wound. During this time period the true Christians were the groups that lived in the wilderness and were killed by the catholic church(some historians say the numbers were between 70 - 500 million... but since the catholic church destroyed all evidence of the "heretics" its impossible to nail down a definitive number). These Christians fled to a place in the earth where they were free of persecution (revelation 12 14-17) This was the pilgrims and Europeans who fled Europe to America.

Then we have the last beast... it comes up out of the earth where the people who fled Europe settled(America) and is lamb like... as in we promised freedom but speaks like the dragon.... we haven't always lived up to the promise that all men would be free. Anyway, this last world power would work with the european powers (the beast) to force the mark of the beast on the world.

These chapters give a broad overview of history from the time of christ to the end.

God zooms in a bit with revelation 17/18/19

revelation 17 talks about the mother of harlots Catholic church is pictured here riding the NWO and working with the kings of the earth to divide the world into the final 10 kingdoms... Most people don't know this but these kingdoms were started in 1969. The Club of Rome(popes think tank) published the plan for "world peace" was to divide the world into 10 economic "kingdoms"... which we call the European union, north American union, south American union, Asian union, Mediterranean union, Ect... you can look it up, there were plans for 10 divisions of the earth AND THIS IS WHAT POLITICIANS HAVE FOLLOWED SINCE. It is this plan that will FAIL that will cause the wars and rumors of wars and ultimately the destruction of the world. Revelation 18 God warns His people to come out of these harlot churches or receive the plagues and ultimately end up in the lake of fire... IT DOES MATTER WHAT CHURCH YOU BELONG TO.

Lastly, the mark of the beast which Satan started setting up only a few centuries into the christian age is related to the 4th commandment. Jesus warned you only need to break 1 commandment to be guilty of all... so Satan had deceived the entire world into breaking the 4th. The catholic church brags they changed the sabbath to Sunday through the popes "authority". The pope's of the past have even argued that protestants believe in the popes authority every Sunday when they have church services then as SUNDAY IS THE MARK OF THE POPES authority over God... you can read this in "Romes challenge" which was written about 100 years ago now.

As for the last days, The pope is using climate change to enforce his mark on the world. you can read several of the latest documents released, This pope claims that by shutting the world down on Sunday, people would get rest, time with families and such which all sounds good, but its not the day God blessed.... Factories,stores, businesses would all be closed and not putting out any CO/2 letting the earth to rest for this one day a week. This is the excuse that is being levied to enforce this!!! IF anyone bothered to watch the latest WEF meetings, you know enviromentalcide is going to be a thing where those who don't toe the line on these environmental policies will be punished with up to death for the crime of damaging the environment!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Your perception of God is not my perception of God.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   
the bane of civilizations & individuals is progressive Apocalypse...which never achieves the stage of ....Absolutism

because we collectively intend to expect deeper darknesses and brighter daylights to greet us tomorrow (which never arrives)

those members that have 'Bing' GPT -4...the AI entity...ask about Apocalypse and 'see' how the goal posts have been moved somewhat !

edit on 1-2-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

God comes back when he does because humanity destroys this planet.... God said he will destroy those who destroy the earth.... and God states if he doesn't come back when he does, no flesh will be saved!

Not the planet environment per se -> but specifically Earths Bio-Sphere...
no flesh saved ===>> human DNA manipulation via 'crisper' & other 'transhumanism' altering procedures

when 'Adamic man' no longer bears sons/daughters--- that will 'trigger' God the creator to intervene

~ cut to the chase answer~

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: StudioNada

the bane of civilizations & individuals is progressive Apocalypse...which never achieves the stage of ....Absolutism

because we collectively intend to expect deeper darknesses and brighter daylights to greet us tomorrow (which never arrives)

those members that have 'Bing' GPT -4...the AI entity...ask about Apocalypse and 'see' how the goal posts have been moved somewhat !

If we live with a doomsday negative view on life that absolutely will stifle moving forward for some.

An appropriate themed poem... If Tomorrow Never Comes

medium.com...@ameakankempu/if-tomorrow-never-comes-749112b81d72

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

God comes back when he does because humanity destroys this planet.... God said he will destroy those who destroy the earth

Yeah, there are some serious logical problems with that sort of reasoning.

You see If we destroy the planet then how can God destroy us?

Considering in destroying the planet we would have destroyed ourselves in the process.

After all its kind of hard to come back to something that does not exist anymore.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedRacer2023
Sorry, but these are the most ignorant words I've seen spoken all day....

Apology accepted, my friend!

With out religion/morality, you ASSURE that technology will be used to destroy humanity.

No I don't assure that. And, let's not go down that rabbit hole as there's already thread where you religious bible bashes try to argue morality only comes from religion -- it does not. If it did, I'd be killing children, killing homosexuals, subjugating women and still have slaves.

Lets look at a few examples we can easily see in society today...

Let's not because I've heard it all before and I **do not disagree with you**. There are PLENTY of examples of technology being used and abused. That's because people are people and we live in a capitalist society, where we strive for wealth in order to ensure we have access to the basic fundamentals we all need, and to then pursue luxory and lavish lifestyles.

Some good, some bad. But religion gives nothing to that equation.

If you want to argue morality from religion, find a different thread because that isn't want this one is about and you have catagorically ZERO backing to make a statement that religion is moral.

If you think arguing religious morality to is somehow morally superiour, then please explain how you justify these morals:

Genesis 22:2 - sacrificing children
Leviticus 20:10 - adultery equals death
Leviticus 20:13 - being gay equals death
Leviticus 20:18 - god hates menstruation
Numbers 5:12-31 - advicating abotion
Exodus 21:20 - endorsing slavery
Exodus 21:7-11 - selling your daughter as a slave
Timothy 2:11-15 - keeping women quiet
Mark 7: 9-10 - Jesus advocating children be stoned to death if they misbehave

You can't unless you discredit the Bible and everything that is 'God's Word'.

Look - technology is far from perfect. but it will allow humanity to achieve universal freedoms for all by giving everyone access to the basics requirments essential for life. From there, it will only get better.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedRacer2023
... we don't recognize God designed our immune systems

Then your God is a PoS designer or coder. Why do we have auto-immune diseases? Why would 'your God' design an immune system that can be so easily compromised by commonplace bacteria and viruses? What a crap designer. I would have designed an immune system that can defend against all that, plus defeat cancer, AIDS, etc. If you're arguing for God's great design then you have a lot of explaining to do.

...it is destroying the male population with autism(regular vaccines).

Maybe you should read some actual medical text books and not get your "facts" from TikTok and Instagram.

The MRNA vaccines have been used to change humanity's Genome and kill untold millions of people globally.

Debatable.. I don't disagree the mRNA vaccines were rushed and could be dodgy - but 'untold millions' ? Any factual stats?

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I totally agree on the societal issues but disagree completely on the fragility of our infrastructure. It's quite the opposite. In the old days you could attack one spot or another and cause mass chaos or panic. But today that's not possible. Computer networks are all redundant and placed throughout the world. You basically have to EMP the earth to stop everything. Gaps get backfield more quickly than ever.

Covid proved how resilient the supply chain is. They literally shut it down for moths and things flowed. Once opened back up things picked back up quickly.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Personally I like to concentrate on the here and now whilst trying to learn from the past. That enables me to try to make a better future for my family and enjoy what little time I may have left.

People these days get wound up in areas they have zero control over and they spend a lot of time there when they would do better spending that time closer to home taking care of business there.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

ANYONE SPECIFICALLY claiming to know Gods time of starting the Apocalypse is a Liar. WHy? Because if a HUMAN knows when then it Implies that God is not always right and omnipotent.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   

"THEREFORE GOD WILL STEP IN TO PREVENT THIS ETERNAL DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY."

Was that tongue in cheek? Why would God step in to do anything?

Wasn't mankind given the ability to discriminate and choose, free will & all that?

If we choose to do crappy stuff then that 2nd Law, after free will, comes in: consequences - sometimes known as Karma. And BTW, it's no good saying that other people are doing crappy stuff and I'm an innocent victim as 'consequences' i.e. the result of previous actions, put you exactly & precisely where you deserve to be. Maybe you did some negative stuff 2 or 3 life-times ago and, whoops! here you are... who knows?

In fact, it's all very precise & beautiful in its majesty & justice. There truly are 'no accidents in the Universe' and everything is perfect and just as it should be.

So if humanity is intent on destroying its-self so be it, don't expect help from God. You/we are just experiencing the results of previous actions under the iron Law of Karma. Anyway, if we do exterminate ourselves, don't worry, something else will take our place; leave it to God.

The only place to look is within as that's where the rope out of this swamp may be found, difficult to find, hard to climb, but doable - so they say.. maybe along the lines of the 'narrow way' etc for Bible followers.. (btw do as I say, not as I do - I'm firmly in the swamp & wallowing).

Good luck!

edit on 1-2-2024 by ThisPlaceIsADream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Apophis is big, roughly the size of 3 of the American football fields or thereabouts.

But while the impact would have severe consequences for the local, and even global environment, depending on where and what it struck, it's not a "TKO event" for humanity.

I suppose it serves as a reminder of the importance of monitoring near-earth objects and encourages us to develop the likes of planetary defenses against other potential incoming asteroids.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

No, you are categorically wrong, you misunderstand my main point, which is that technology misapplied is bad, and religion rightly pursued, is good. Of course there are many situations in which technology is awesome & a boon to Mankind - but when it is controlled by evil people, then the common people will suffer. Religion, of course, can be misapplied also, we only have to look to the Westborough Baptist Church for evidence of that. But to claim that religion itself is disgusting, is a heretical & obnoxious point of view. If you properly approach religion, it is the greatest asset a person can have, and it is a means of becoming naturally virtuous. Technology is extremely helpful - originally, vaccines were amazing - now, vaccines are deadly, because they are in the wrong hands, of people with evil motives. You are a fool if you don't understand exactly what I am saying in this post. Leave the 'disgusting' comments at the door please.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Technology is a tool.

And just like any tool, such as a hammer or a knife, technology can be wielded for constructive or destructive purposes depending on how it's employed.

It's the purpose to which the tool is set that donates benevolence or malevolence.

Put it this way without technology we would not be having this conversation.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
But to claim that religion itself is disgusting, is a heretical & obnoxious point of view.

To which I say, it is. Religion is a disgusting plague on mankind and has been since human men invented it. Just read the bible and tell me how all the violence, bigotry, hatred, abuse and misogyny are anything to be proud about.

But i don't blame them for it - religion was man's first attempt to explain the unexplainable; why the skies rumbled, natural disasters, plagues, diseases, etc. Thankfully, for some of us, religion is no longer required. Its horrific hypocritical standards are fading into the ether.

Sure, technology is often used wrong, but so is a hammer or a pencil or a brick.

Once mankind develops and evolves technology (read: evolves - something religion cannot do) to provide clean, free energy, the world will change drastically. I'm very confident of that.

And thankfully, hopefully, the oppressive harbringer of doom, "religion", will take a back seat to reason and logic, which is what mankind needs.

edit on 2024-2-2 by NoOneButMeAgain because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join