It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 breaks out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not sure. I didn't look into that.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

If this is a real concern of yours, then diversification is what you need. Do you own physical gold? If not, why? Do you have more than $250K in one bank? If so, you are already quite the risk taker. I'm lucky, I don't have any money. But for those that do, remember what my Grandma used to say, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket".

No, I dont have that much... not nearly as much. I just have a little nestegg, I'd like to keep, rather than it just disappears or ends up in the banksters pockets.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: GalacticCorn
It's not your money, all money is property of Federal Reserve. The entire monetary system is a giant loan from Federal Reserve, and just like when you loan a tool to a friend, you still own the tool while your friend has possession of it. So yes, they can take it back whenever they want because the money is theirs anyway. Just because you have possession of it doesn't make it yours.

It is not in Federal Reserve's interest to collect all of it back or take it from you and break down the system. They need this system to stay in place to keep their control. Federal Reserve's system is largely arbitrary with no real natural resources or industry for it to operate other than the bank branches and employees across the country. From Federal Reserve's perspective, debt numbers are largely arbitrary, they need to keep the system balanced and fungible so it doesn't get tossed out by a pissed off society.

Really? Even though I worked for that cash, you're telling me its not mine?
edit on 29-1-2024 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

first rule is, never take advice from someone who isn't doing better than you are. Keeping that in mind with the other part that my advice is free and you get what you pay for should be enough of a disclaimer.

Buy some physical gold or silver to have in your safe at home. There is no guarantee that it will be worth anything if things go totally sideways, but in the event that it isn't a world war, but some other event where the digital dollar can't be accessed, then having something of value to trade will be very important to survive. As you are in the UK, buying guns and ammo won't work for you. But having something you can touch is important for many people who are planning.

I stocked up on cream of wheat. I hate the stuff, but got such a deal, maybe one day that shipping container full will pay off. Fingers crossed.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx
It is all 1's and 0's but what can we do??

Start growing food.
Accumulate items for trade.
Dig a shelter.
Get weapons.
Trust nobody.

Or hope they don't cut the power so you can watch it on the TV like all the other wars in your lifetime....

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That doesnt sound great all but thanks for the reply.

Its incredible that debts would still count, even if your cash disappears and its not your fault.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

But if all the Tech becomes faulty or totally defunct, there won't be any CBDC's either as the system wouldnt function

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If WW 3 arrives, money will be the least of your worries.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

first rule is, never take advice from someone who isn't doing better than you are. Keeping that in mind with the other part that my advice is free and you get what you pay for should be enough of a disclaimer.

Buy some physical gold or silver to have in your safe at home. There is no guarantee that it will be worth anything if things go totally sideways, but in the event that it isn't a world war, but some other event where the digital dollar can't be accessed, then having something of value to trade will be very important to survive. As you are in the UK, buying guns and ammo won't work for you. But having something you can touch is important for many people who are planning.

I stocked up on cream of wheat. I hate the stuff, but got such a deal, maybe one day that shipping container full will pay off. Fingers crossed.

My 2 cents, having large stores of things weighs a lot and you might need to be able to move at the drop of a hat. A couple guns some ammo and a motorcycle might get you further in the waste lands then a bus load of pickled eggs. But everyone should have some type of plan and since most of use don't know what that world might look like anything is better than nothing.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You're probably right but if the same system came back... we would start again from zero in the account or what?

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: some_stupid_name

My 2 cents, having large stores of things weighs a lot and you might need to be able to move at the drop of a hat. A couple guns some ammo and a motorcycle might get you further in the waste lands then a bus load of pickled eggs. But everyone should have some type of plan and since most of use don't know what that world might look like anything is better than nothing.

Ug, I feel so stupid. I bought cream of wheat and I could have invested in pickled pigs feet and those cool pink pickled eggs. I'm going to try to unload some of these boxes I have and see what kind of trade I can make. Thanks for the tip!

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I know you favour this theory. Frankly, it seems to me like the least likely of the current geopolitical dangers.

Strategic cooperation between Russia and Iran could be nasty if it happened. Russia has its hands full with one war already, though.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

"Pink pickled eggs"??! What Abomination is this?

But then, I suppose, I do like pickled walnuts....

Best not mention jellied eels. Only thing worse are rollmops .

They look like something out a a school biology lab.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Another place to store your wealth is buying land, but don’t forget those yearly land taxes. You cannot pay those without funds.

A thought just occured to me. If something happens where people can't get to their money, or it becomes worthless, etc., that means something serious just happened, right? So, will all those tax collectors and county assessors still be working when there's no money to pay them to do their jobs? Sure, you may technically owe your property taxes, but who's going to be brave enough to come and take it from you during an out and out collapse? Especially if they're not getting paid to do it anymore? That has to be something accounted for as well if/when things go south, right?

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Station27

Another place to store your wealth is buying land, but don’t forget those yearly land taxes. You cannot pay those without funds.

A thought just occured to me. If something happens where people can't get to their money, or it becomes worthless, etc., that means something serious just happened, right? So, will all those tax collectors and county assessors still be working when there's no money to pay them to do their jobs? Sure, you may technically owe your property taxes, but who's going to be brave enough to come and take it from you during an out and out collapse? Especially if they're not getting paid to do it anymore? That has to be something accounted for as well if/when things go south, right?

I assure you somebody is coming collect. They just might not have worked for the irs or even know what owe but given the opportunity they will collect.
edit on 29-1-2024 by some_stupid_name because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Pink pickled eggs"??! What Abomination is this?

But then, I suppose, I do like pickled walnuts....

Best not mention jellied eels. Only thing worse are rollmops .

They look like something out a a school biology lab.

A lesson I learned a long time ago, I'll pass it on. NEVER ask a question to who's answer you aren't ready to hear.

Pink Pickled Eggs

Pink Pickled Pigs feet

shipped to your door. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Station27

It would have to fault the entire world over. If the tech went wacky here there could still be the rest of the world up and running.
edit on 29-1-2024 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"Love pickled eggs, been making my own for quite some time. Being very nice, these are disgusting. Mushy and tastes like what fresh garbage bags smell like. '

From an Amazon review......"Bleuuuugh"!

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Station27

They might do a year of the Jubilee where certain debt would be erased and we start over with the new system, a digital backed one.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Love pickled eggs, been making my own for quite some time. Being very nice, these are disgusting. Mushy and tastes like what fresh garbage bags smell like. '

From an Amazon review......"Bleuuuugh"!

Yeah but I think at that point you supposed to huff paint and pop open the pigs feet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join