It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien language: If we met extraterrestrials, could we talk to them?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm no genius and have the fundamentals alot of you display here when I read your post but when my brain thinks deep about the bigger picture I am convinced that the laws of everything from physics to time and such are just not the same in the entire universe .. do I make sense?

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lidstrom5
I'm no genius and have the fundamentals alot of you display here when I read your post but when my brain thinks deep about the bigger picture I am convinced that the laws of everything from physics to time and such are just not the same in the entire universe .. do I make sense?

no

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Possibly…if they talk to any average person in mathematics it would be equivalent to us talking to a monkey. The average person these days cannot do simple multiplication.

The chances of a super advanced alien landing on earth and stumbling upon and talking mathematics to a mathematician is .00001%

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Translating…….the Star Trek way!

👽

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
that a left hand shake is an insult because that is the hand they wipe their asses with.

😂

Is that for real?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel

that a left hand shake is an insult because that is the hand they wipe their asses with.

😂

Is that for real?

I'm guessing it use to be a thing but now with the world being global and all, I imagine others' ways are understood and accepted as intended.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

This would be a good use for AI but the only problem is we need alien language/communication data to feed into it for it to figure it out. If the first visitors to make themselves known to humanity are the grays, then the communication is telepathic and it can't get any easier than that.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
If the first visitors to make themselves known to humanity are the grays, then the communication is telepathic and it can't get any easier than that.

Sending.

Are you recieving?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

If the first visitors to make themselves known to humanity are the grays, then the communication is telepathic and it can't get any easier than that.

Sending.

Are you recieving?

Not since over 40 years now.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If they use any form of writing, it will be easy. If they don't, which if they can travel the stars I find unlikely, it might be more difficult.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aardwolfington
If they use any form of writing, it will be easy. If they don't, which if they can travel the stars I find unlikely, it might be more difficult.

The difficult bit is trying to convince them that what we communicate is true.

At the end of the day, we do live in a world of permenant lies. They would prefer something like Dolphins and Birds me thinks.

We are a Virus.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Dolphin's? You mean the animals that gang rape porpoises, and you if feeling randy enough, as well as getting high passing puffer fish? As for birds, the smartest birds are quite capable of ganging up on and tormenting other animals. Both your examples have personalities that run the gamut of friendly to asshole, just like us.

Naw dude, the more sentient and sapient beings become on earth, the more their personalities vary, for both good and bad. I see no reason such isn't likely true with other sapient beings from the stars.

Aliens are likely more varied, not less. Aliens on both a societal and individual level will likely vary greatly. It's kind of absurd to assume all aliens will see and react to us in the same way.
edit on 17-1-2024 by Aardwolfington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aardwolfington

Worse is if they consider us a lower life form. They may not care at all. Do you worry about stomping on an ant in your yard? No you could care less where your big feet land. To an ant however this could be catastrophic as he watches other ants die as you walk through.

If they are sufficiently advanced they won't have a second thought about experimenting or extermination

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If they are sufficiently advanced they won't have a second thought about experimenting or extermination

There could be hope if they, or it, is ethically and morally advanced as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

I'd imagine there would be aliens in both camps. Again, I lean towards aliens being many and varied in thoughts, personality and morality.

Basically like us and other sapient beings on earthy already. Ultimately a more terrifying concept than all good or all bad if you think about it.
edit on 1/18/2024 by Aardwolfington because: Another quick thought addition.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yeah the only good thing we can deduce from our behaviors towards lower live forms, is that we might end up in a natural reserve if we're close to extinction...

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

😂

Is that for real?

I'm guessing it use to be a thing but now with the world being global and all, I imagine others' ways are understood and accepted as intended.

But what if we're a right-handed wiper? Would I be considered a revolutionary? Get history books written about my right-handedism? Gain enough followers that it would have to be an established social movement? A coup-de-right-ete? Toasted at every pub I enter ? Shirts sold with my silhouette and worn by teenagers who can't pronounce my name? Eventually slain while having a campaign in a public bathroom full of right handed-wipers?

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeDeGrasseTyson

😂

Is that for real?

But what if we're a right-handed wiper? Would I be considered a revolutionary? Get history books written about my right-handedism? Gain enough followers that it would have to be an established social movement? A coup-de-right-ete? Toasted at every pub I enter ? Shirts sold with my silhouette and worn by teenagers who can't pronounce my name? Eventually slain while having a campaign in a public bathroom full of right handed-wipers?

How about a universal greeting for humans then when aliens arrive and observe our friendly non-touch greetings they will understand when we use it at them. The ideas of how that would look like are limitless. What about using the elbow greeting for now?

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeDeGrasseTyson

But what if we're a right-handed wiper?

What hand you wipe with is only an issue if you don't use toilet paper or soap and water.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

well the times I've spoken (telepatically) with some ET, I talked in spanish and italian, as are my main langauges

I know the Guides of Confederations speak aramaic

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join