It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien language: If we met extraterrestrials, could we talk to them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gigirome
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

well the times I've spoken (telepatically) with some ET, I talked in spanish and italian, as are my main langauges

I know the Guides of Confederations speak aramaic

Ciao Gigi,

I believe true telepathy transcends languages; a human construct that has many limitations, but helps us stay grounded and sane.

I, too, comunicate in Italian, but Spanish is beyond me and needs subtitles...

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gigirome

well the times I've spoken (telepatically) with some ET, I talked in spanish and italian, as are my main langauges

I know the Guides of Confederations speak aramaic

Ah yes.. Jesus Speak…….

Aramaic as I recalled was the go to language……much like what Tagalog of the multi dialect Philippines is today….Tagalog is their go to language.

It has been said that math and music are universal languages…..I think music would be more prevalent because of its vibrational tones……….math doesn’t project well as a vibrational tool, if at all.

If you thought of languages as sound…

Sound fidelity: Analog recordings can capture the continuous nature of sound waves, which some audiophiles argue results in a warmer and more natural sound. Digital recordings are based on discrete samples and can sometimes exhibit artifacts like quantization noise.

Math is flat like digital….imo

👽🤓
edit on 3-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

it depends to whom the message is given
in the group of persons who stood in front of the extraterrestrial beings, there were very simple persons from Ecuador and Colombia, who only speak spanish, so the ET decided to make a massive telepatic conversation with simple spanish (spanish from Spain actually)

When they spoke to some engineers, they changed level of spanish, even words I iodnt know and quantic phisic formulas

Sometimes they make jokes like:" your next job will be in the Mercure Hotel (I was looking for job) without Freddy."

(they know I'm a huge fan of Queen band)

As I told, the Guides of the Confederation speak Aramaic as their main language

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Do to television broadcasts I'm sure aliens could quickly learn most languages on the planet. In fact many people learn English from watching TV and movies.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think that if we encounter an alien civilization that WANTS to communicate with us, then THEY will enable or provide the mechanism that allows that.

We should not assume that our understanding of language or our protocols would be anything that they would deem valid for the obvious gap in intelligence and experience.

Just like the Rendlesham Forest incident, where the small craft supposedly thought transfered a binary message to Staff Sargent Penniston; it used 8-bit ASCII, which is a HUMAN INVENTED numeric translation for alphanumerics (in this case it was for English characters). If the aliens knew that they needed to communicate in English, they why just not use regular letters and words instead of going through the trouble to encode and transmit the binaries for an English ASCII table? Just nonsense.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Perhaps what the Black Hats need is some sort of Primer……

👽🍕🍺

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Oh dear, not even going there re the binary ! What you don't know there was more.

But that is headache stuff.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I like that

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No way we can communicate through some form of language if we consider very different physiologies between humans and aliens.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

This topic is hard to talk on but long story short no, we would not be able to talk to aliens even if they understand certain gestures like waving they are technically light years ahead of us in knowledge and speech. So probably if we even do understand some word's their using (if we even figure out what it means) it would be even harder to understand a sentence that they try to say. And we don't even know if aliens are real they are just speculated to be living somewhere in the galaxy.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: totemkomph

This topic is hard to talk on but long story short no, we would not be able to talk to aliens even if they understand certain gestures like waving they are technically light years ahead of us in knowledge and speech. So probably if we even do understand some word's their using (if we even figure out what it means) it would be even harder to understand a sentence that they try to say. And we don't even know if aliens are real they are just speculated to be living somewhere in the galaxy.

I still think the greatest problem is the difference in physiologies between alien species.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: totemkomph
On the other hand do we think we have a universal language we can all use?

Maybe other alien species have mastered the language of maths and could be better than us.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dreftenq

No way we can communicate through some form of language if we consider very different physiologies between humans and aliens.

Primal communication basics before the spoken language development included pictographs, petroglyphs, logograms and animated body gestures.

In a hypothetical situation …..if early earthlings had no mouths and neither did extraterrestrials……would they not both resort to any of the above communication methods in an attempt to communicate? Or even a stick and sand or dirt?

I would have……

👽🤔

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

originally posted by: Dreftenq

Primal communication basics before the spoken language development included pictographs, petroglyphs, logograms and animated body gestures.

In a hypothetical situation …..if early earthlings had no mouths and neither did extraterrestrials……would they not both resort to any of the above communication methods in an attempt to communicate? Or even a stick and sand or dirt?

I would have……

👽🤔

On the other hand what if we have completely different physiologies?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreftenq

Most definitely…..

Physiology is the science of life. It is the branch of biology that aims to understand the mechanisms of living things, from the basis of cell function at the ionic and molecular level to the integrated behaviour of the whole body and the influence of the external environment.

….can have infinite differences in the universe….imo.

To think that lifeforms could be so different….it’s anybody’s guess whether any kind of communication can be attained.

I guess the best scenario for communication would have to start with sentient life forms.

For example…..ant’s may be intelligent for their own species…but have humans made a concerted effort to try and communicate with them? Have ants tried to communicate with humans?

Yet a sentient species that’s industrial enough to produce craft that traverse the universe is much more worthy to attempt communication with….rather than ants.

A good contact movie based on learning communication’s with two different species of life forms either by humans or extraterrestrials was “Arrival” ….if you have not seen this movie….I highly recommend it…because to me …it actually proposes a scenario of different species attempts to communicate.

And it asserts that the physiology differences makes no difference whether human or extraterrestrial. The bottom line is that…imo….all species have curiosity baked into themselves no matter how different all creatures are.

A extraterrestrial could have a thousand eyes…..and we humans and themselves, for that matter, would still try to communicate.

Below…..Physiological differences between humans and Heptapods envisioned in the movie “Arrival”

👽
edit on 5-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

Most definitely…..

Physiology is the science of life. It is the branch of biology that aims to understand the mechanisms of living things, from the basis of cell function at the ionic and molecular level to the integrated behaviour of the whole body and the influence of the external environment.

….can have infinite differences in the universe….imo.

To think that lifeforms could be so different….it’s anybody’s guess whether any kind of communication can be attained.

I guess the best scenario for communication would have to start with sentient life forms.

For example…..ant’s may be intelligent for their own species…but have humans made a concerted effort to try and communicate with them? Have ants tried to communicate with humans?

Yet a sentient species that’s industrial enough to produce craft that traverse the universe is much more worthy to attempt communication with….rather than ants.

A good contact movie based on learning communication’s with two different species of life forms either by humans or extraterrestrials was “Arrival” ….if you have not seen this movie….I highly recommend it…because to me …it actually proposes a scenario of different species attempts to communicate.

And it asserts that the physiology differences makes no difference whether human or extraterrestrial. The bottom line is that…imo….all species have curiosity baked into themselves no matter how different all creatures are.

A extraterrestrial could have a thousand eyes…..and we humans and themselves, for that matter, would still try to communicate.

Below…..Physiological differences between humans and Heptapods envisioned in the movie “Arrival”

👽

It's very difficult after if we think about it to communicate with other intelligence species because the distance between us and them, in the case we come into contact our different physiology could be the preventing factor.

I ve watched both movies and they are great. Contact is better I think.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I think that if we encounter an alien civilization that WANTS to communicate with us, then THEY will enable or provide the mechanism that allows that.

We should not assume that our understanding of language or our protocols would be anything that they would deem valid for the obvious gap in intelligence and experience.

Just like the Rendlesham Forest incident, where the small craft supposedly thought transfered a binary message to Staff Sargent Penniston; it used 8-bit ASCII, which is a HUMAN INVENTED numeric translation for alphanumerics (in this case it was for English characters). If the aliens knew that they needed to communicate in English, they why just not use regular letters and words instead of going through the trouble to encode and transmit the binaries for an English ASCII table? Just nonsense.

It's a possibility but we still don't know if they can do as you said.

The Rendlesham Forest event is disputed. I don't say it didn't happen but there are many details that have been added up after the incident making it difficult to come to a safe conclusion.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

“Contact” may have been better for you……

But for me…overall a visually good presentation … however…the alien never reveals its true self in its own physiology. It infers to me being deceitful.

I have a problem with aliens that have to hide behind illusions coupled with speaking English in order to make communications “easier”. Are we humans that fearful of a species, that we can’t accept how aliens may really look and speak?

We humans have used our minds to create Alien creatures of all physiology’s …..through books, movies, etc…..and because of those mediums….we have desensitized ourselves.

I say to the universe…..bring it on….give humans your best shot….let’s see what you really look like. The movie Arrival achieves this.

The movie Contact leaves you guessing. It’s not my idea of honest, reality communication between species of this universe.…..imo.

From the script of Contact….

Reality returns like a cloud passing over the sun. Softly:

ELLIE: You're not real. None of this is.

TED: That's my scientist.

ELLIE: So. Are you an hallucination? Or are little gear trains and circuit boards under your skin?

TED: Am I artifact or dream? You might ask that about anything.

ELLIE: But you're so... I mean how could you possibly...? When I was unconscious. You...downloaded... my thoughts, my memories, even...This beach. I've never been here but I remember... it's how I always imagined...Pensacola.

TED: We thought this might make things a little easier.

And in the blink of an eye they are no longer standing on a beach but on the rim of the Grand Canyon, looking out at a spectacular sunset.

TED: ... although this is nice too.

Ellie tries hard to swallow her amazement as Ted begins to stroll along the rim; she walks with him.

ELLIE: So who -- what -- are you?

TED: Originally just another species like yourselves. Well, not like you at all actually, but...

ELLIE: Can you show me?

TED: Small moves, Captain, small moves.

But the alien never shows it’s true self……

In a reality scenario….this should not be.

👽☕️🍩
edit on 6-5-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Maybe we might consider being careful of what we wish for...

What one man consumes another regurgitates

In what you ask for maybe most might regurgitate and the consumers might just run faster

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
In all this speculation on alien intent, we might consider that they are doing a program that requires them to stay aloof, for whatever reason, and won’t do things according to our desires and wishes.
The implication of that may be very sobering...

Perhaps we should look at ourselves...
Humans have created massive nukes that can destroy this planet and all its beings...and haven’t done anything to solve that horrendous state.

We have technology to feed the world 50 times over yet children starve to death every day...
We pollute the environment and run the risk of destruction from that angle...

Humans do massive crime, corruption, greed, selfishness, and ignorance is prevalent, slaughter our young men in these stupid wars, spree killings, serial killings, hatred, and division and we wonder why they don’t come here with a coke and a smile.

Perhaps the message is:

"Physician heal thyself"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join