It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barcelona Dockworkers Vow Not to Load Weapons for Israel or Any Conflict Zone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

I'll help load them if they fly me in for it.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4
www.commondreams.org...

The move builds on a growing number of direct actions targeting weapons bound for Israel as its bombardment of Gaza has claimed more than 10,000 lives.

The union representing Barcelona's dockworkers promised Monday not to load or unload military materials onto any ship bound for Israel or another warzone where they could be used against civilians.

In their statement, the Organization of Port Stevedores of Barcelona, OEPB in Catalan, called for a cease-fire in Israel, Palestine, Ukraine, and every other global conflict.

We have decided... not to allow shipping activity in our port that contains military equipment, with the sole purpose of protecting any civilian population in any territory," the union wrote. "No cause justifies sacrificing civilians."

Well done to the dockworkers of Barcelona and their representatives who have argued in favour of a ceasefire not only in Israel-Palestine but everywhere there is a conflict at the moment. Their decision not to load or unload military materials onto any ship bound for Israel or any other warzone is a practise that should be followed imo by all other ports everywhere in the world and shouldn't be viewed only as a symbolic act.

Every day that passes we hear about an increasing number of people all over the world who not only support an immediate ceasefire but also argue that US Arms and Arms supplied by other countries must not be used to slaughter civilians in their thousands. Latest example the mass killings of tens of thousands of innocent civilians by the Israeli Army.

The OEPB has criticised the UN for their inaction and have asked them to do what they suppose to be doing in these cases, such as providing humanitarian aid, protecting human rights, and preserving peace and security globally.

Quite right... fu*k war everywhere

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Why not help pull the trigger?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiothermalReactor

Why not put rocket bases is neighborhoods like Hamas?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Why not put rocket bases is neighborhoods like Hamas?

Yes, they must HAVE put rocket bases near every building in the city. Just look at all that rubble. The bombs were precision guided and surgical and humane, and if there weren't a rocket near every building, those buildings would still be standing!

Dock worker fellows probably didn't want this on their conscience for the rest of their lives:

edit on 20-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: spiffification

edit on 20-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: more spiffification

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

Again. The question you will not answer.

9000 plus rockets fired from Gaza into Israel since Oct 7th. Where are Hamas firing rockets in the thousands other than from neighborhoods and public structures they hide in?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: BiothermalReactor

Again. The question you will not answer.

9000 plus rockets fired from Gaza into Israel since Oct 7th. Where are Hamas firing rockets in the thousands other than from neighborhoods and public structures they hide in?

I know you don't have any valid arguments to go about and the whataboutism is more than obvious. You said about 9,000 rockets but you forget the Palestinian death toll is over 10,000.

We know that happens when one side bombs the other one for more than a month and there is no comparison between rockets and bombs guided by F-16s or F-35s.

It's really important the dockworkers in Barcelona and their representatives said no to the slaughtering of innocent civilians.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'm betting hamas is really regretting what they started. I'm betting alot of Palestiniand are regretting voting in hamas. This war may have ceasefires off and on but it's never gonna end until one or the other is gone.

Even if israel was to wipe out all Palestinians it still wouldnt be over. They are surrounded by enemies. Some of wich are supplying hamas. It will never end so long as israel is a country.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adlow75yo

I'm betting hamas is really regretting what they started. I'm betting alot of Palestiniand are regretting voting in hamas. This war may have ceasefires off and on but it's never gonna end until one or the other is gone.

Even if israel was to wipe out all Palestinians it still wouldnt be over. They are surrounded by enemies. Some of wich are supplying hamas. It will never end so long as israel is a country.

Yes I agree 100% that wiping out Gaza, like they probably will, would be very bad for Israel in the future because those people In Gaza have families in every surrounding country and many many many more people will vow for revenge against Israel for what they are doing to Gaza.

The dock workers want no part in this, as I can understand perfectly well, and there will be, without a doubt, violent repercussions against every state that supports Israel.

How is this strategically beneficial for Israel?

No one can answer this question...

edit on 20-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: added "be"

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   

edit on 11/21/2023 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 03:28 AM
link   

those people In Gaza have families

Like Israel has family members that were killed on Oct 7, and in continuing Hamas rocket attacks. Like as in it’s normal for years kids in Israel play in bomb shelter playgrounds. How is it Israel cares enough for its families to evacuate or build bomb shelters to protect each other. But the Palestinian world only seems to fund Hamas turning neighborhoods into rocket bases, Gaza into a terrorist state, gearing everything to terrier attacks, and can’t even build simple bomb shelters for its civilians. Even the Ukrainians knew to evacuate out of the war areas, and seek safety. But not Gaza, keep those kids right in the neighborhoods Hamas uses as shields and instruments of terror attacks.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 03:30 AM
link   

forget the Palestinian death toll is over 10,000.

And how many of those are Hamas terror soldiers. Care to state how many Hamas fighters killed or injured.

Is Hamas lying about the numbers. Or just cowering behind civilians?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 03:30 AM
link   
No I'm not advocating I'm just pointing out the fact that we don't live in pink fluffy la la land and its not going to change anytime soon. I'm surprised your comprehensive ability didn't help you to realise this.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhat
No I'm not advocating I'm just pointing out the fact that we don't live in pink fluffy la la land and its not going to change anytime soon. I'm surprised your comprehensive ability didn't help you to realise this.

Realistically speaking isn't going to change soon. The only thing it can happen in the short term is a ceasefire. In the long term both sides together with the UN and all other countries involved must come up with a peace plan regardless of what the extreme elements within each side say who want the hostilities to continue forever.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhat

Realistically speaking isn't going to change soon. The only thing it can happen in the short term is a ceasefire. In the long term both sides together with the UN and all other countries involved must come up with a peace plan regardless of what the extreme elements within each side say who want the hostilities to continue forever.

How about Hamas just renounce the Oct 7 attack, voluntarily release hostages, and just stop launching rockets into Gaza?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   

forget the Palestinian death toll is over 10,000.

And how many of those are Hamas terror soldiers. Care to state how many Hamas fighters killed or injured.

Is Hamas lying about the numbers. Or just cowering behind civilians?

This is the civilian death toll. The number of Hamas terrorists killed isn't released by either side. So I can't tell you. The Israeli Army doesn't seem to have much success at the moment. If they did they would have made it much more clear or even given an approximate number.

But coming back to the topic of this thread, there must be public awareness on what happens when we arm countries around the globe that kill civilians in their thousands. That should not be allowed to continue and professionals/citizens have every right to make the movement of weapons as difficult as possible.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   

This is the civilian death toll.

Verified by who?

edit on 21-11-2023 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   

And, again. Most societies have the common sense to move women and children off rockets bases during a war. Hamas turns neighborhoods into rocket bases and use schools for weapons dumps. And where does Hamas make their homemade rockets?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   

This is the civilian death toll.

Verified by who?

UN, Amnesty International, Red Cross, etc. We can't know the exact number by now. But it seems there could be many more under the rumble.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Let’s play a little game.

How many people killed at Al-Ahli Arab Hospital on Oct 17 verified by who? By what cause. Where the Hamas-led Gaza Health Ministry couldn’t even recover fragments and shrapnel because it “dissolved”.

Hamas lies and uses human shields. Come to terms with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join