It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Judge Allows Challenge to Dominion Voting Machines to Continue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

A long-standing lawsuit over the reliability and security of Georgia’s elections system will go to trial in January.

The case was filed by voters who want hand-marked paper ballots to replace the existing system of machines sold to the state by Dominion Voting Systems, although as noted by the Associated Press, it began three years before the allegations over Dominion’s machines that became part of the contentious aftermath of the 2020 presidential election.

Please note the bolded part.

This is the important part before any discussion can be had.

Amid the 135 pages of her ruling, Totenberg pushed back against labeling the plaintiffs.

“The Court notes that the record evidence does not suggest that the Plaintiffs are conspiracy theorists of any variety. Indeed, some of the nation’s leading cybersecurity experts and computer scientists have provided testimony and affidavits on behalf of Plaintiffs’ case in the long course of this litigation,” she wrote.

Apparently, they could have avoided the case by updating the software and said no.

According to the Associated Press, the state has said it will not install a software update that could address the issues raised by Halderman.

Which is funny because earlier in the article deputy secretary of state says.

“We don’t negotiate with election deniers,” Fuchs said. “If they have an idea that wouldn’t take Georgia back to the days of hanging chads and stuffed ballot boxes, they should offer it.”

Funny thing about his statement, in atlanta there was video of everyone being sent home election night and I think it was 2 people coming back in and pulling out a large case and running it through the counter multiple times. Thanks to the case being in the Cook county of the south, the judge went oh you seem trustworthy nothing to be seen here.

Now my take, when I was getting my graduate degree (IT security management) in my capstone class we had to write a paper on the voting machines, every single person in the class reached the same conclusion from different angles... they are a problem not just dominion but every computer-based voting machine.

Full disclosure I did not vote trump or biden, these things are a giant neon sign in the desert level of risk, I would much prefer hanging chads and hand counting, then with a hard copy of the vote totals then inputting them into a computer. that way if something happens on the computer end we still have a hard copy total and worst case recounting the ballots by hand.

Is it more work yup, more cost yup probably (not sure GA paid a stupid amount for dominion) but when it comes to having an accurate and free election isnt that worth the extra effort?

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

but when it comes to having an accurate and free election isnt that worth the extra effort?

It certainly is.

The big question is……why don’t they want this extra level of accounting?

That by itself is suspicious.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
When hand counting ballots can yield winning results in a day compared to a week or for voting machine results it's hard to see Dominion machines as 'progress' of any kind.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yup, Paper ballots, purple fingers, ID's and recently updated voter rolls.

Hanging chads have nothing to do with Georgia anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So...Georgia did not update the software, admittedly.

And they don't want to update the software?

How is this legal?

It is not!

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I just have one question to ask someone with an IT background.

In what scenario would a voting machine need to output the exact opposite of the input?

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Also being in IT, I'd prefer hanging chads and paper ballots.

Absolutely.

These machines that 'flip votes'.

That's not a glitch, thats an instruction.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

When the commies need to seize power.

That's the only reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ballot transportation outside the polling place needs to end too. Count the ballots on site. Simple and faster. Use security printing like currency and use serial numbers like currency.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There should be no voting machines. They should be outlawed nationwide. Simple pen and paper ballots from now on.

The only countries that use voting machines so extensively are the USA and Venezuela, and I'm sure I don't have to tell everyone what a joke Venezuela's elections are.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

Absolutely.

Also in IT myself and I agree. Sometimes an analog solution provides the most stable and accurate results.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Remember... seeing those machines flip live on TV.

edit on 33113330pm302023Sat, 18 Nov 2023 14:33:36 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Thank goodness ATS has your investigative abilities and intelligence.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Another strange thing is how the Biden cybersecurity department put out an alert about the dominion machines being so unsecure and unsafe nationwide.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Highly improbable an oopsie happens, it would require every line of QA to miss the problem from the company all the way down to the county using it.

It would almost certainly have to be on purpose and people I worked for when they voted in the mid terms had their vote flipped, and they had to raise holy heck to get someone in to fix it, and this was in a red state.

They dont have people that are very tech savvy on site to ensure the set up is done right, or they are hamstrung by the contract and the onsite tech from the company doesnt care about doing a good job.

Obviously just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ohhhhhh thank you.
I am stealing that quote tyvm

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

Absolutely.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Another strange thing is how the Biden cybersecurity department put out an alert about the dominion machines being so unsecure and unsafe nationwide.

Reason this one out.
About 1 month ago Bidens DOJ filed an indictment against Dominion for bribing someone in the Philipine elections.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I forgot to add, in the article it identified the judge and its an obama appointee.

So no not a trumper trying to protect the don.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Reason this one out.
About 1 month ago Bidens DOJ filed an indictment against Dominion for bribing someone in the Philipine elections.

Reading a lot about that case, and prior events involving Dominion and Smartmatic. Should help invalidate the lawsuits these companies have filed against accusers that they are cheaters for big bucks.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
And in case Dominion loses, democrats in Georgia are working on a plan to delay paper ballots until after the 2024 election.
Also in Georgia, the Republicans, having not anticipated this, are doing nothing to attempt to expedite the paper ballots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join