It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the universe start…

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There''s a black hole in the universe though claiming all on its path. It's possible there's nothing we can do about it and our destiny is our disappearance into it. No problem though;

The other side of the universe?

Our side,
inside,
outside
We don't know.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I wasn't the first kid to ask "so who made God?" The question doesn't even matter to me anymore but I do love pondering now and then.

Reminds me of one of my favorite Calvin & Hobbes comic:

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Why did the universe start

Because it wanted to.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wonderding who made God is not understanding God but that I can't tell you. You'll tell me it's some kind of circular logic.

How could I know and why do you don't?

You're not dumb.

But, you'll put me against the wall asking to prove God and I would die and would be with God and maybe you still would end up having no proof. The proof lies in understanding, understanding given by God, but then again, you'll break my leg telling me it's circular logic.

Well, what can I say but make understanding your own !

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unharmed

Sounds good when you want to get rid of anything undesired the brain comes up with.

Do some D M T and get back with me

edit on x31Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:43:43 -0500202481America/ChicagoFri, 22 Mar 2024 16:43:43 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

As mentioned the brain has a very limited perception, essentially everything you'll ever experience as a human will be all in your head.

I was a kid when I convinced myself everything will return to a singularity because I was convinced that's where everything came from. These days I'm not so sure, proper smart people have put in the work and realised that might never be the case since the fabric of the universe is expanding. A going theory is it'll (matter/energy) all spread out so far away from each other it'll have no effect on each other and fizzle out and die. Entropy.

There's Brane cosmology theory too but string theory hurts my head.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

As mentioned the brain has a very limited perception, essentially everything you'll ever experience as a human will be all in your head.

What is it you're trying to say?

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

That without a brain there is no perception.

The brain is the control center of everything you'll ever experience. Assuming you're human of course, you could be something else but I would still assume your senses are controlled from an organ of sorts that sends and receives signals to and from sensory organs or devices if you will. They can all be tricked especially by perspective.

It's all in your head, ain't no real way around that as a singular conscious being... Wasn't meaning to be funny or anything.

Essentially the only thing I know for a fact is I think. The rest can be up for debate including my own physical existence.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

** yea, brains are inside skulls. Keep them there.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Yeah...

Cracking open skulls is a sure way to never see what's on someone's mind.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   

For reasons above G-D we are here! What is G-D to you. Why is G-D here? Are we all G-D?

Why are we here and why did the Universe start is a question of Love!

Why do you love?

What do you love?

How many times have you and I had a past life together?

Why did our souls create love!

You are always one amazing person?

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Eternity is what I always attribute to God. An independent unchanging eternal nature and an alknowing source of wisdom and understanding. Past lives of my own I'm not aware of though I am woven into history (this life). I know many things but from knowledge can come understanding and those are two different things. I'm on a path of learning too.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Eternity is what I always attribute to God. An independent unchanging eternal nature and an alknowing source of wisdom and understanding. Past lives of my own I'm not aware of though I am woven into history (this life). I know many things but from knowledge can come understanding and those are two different things. I'm on a path of learning too.

I don't believe in a God of the Judeo-Christian-Muslim variety. But I definitely believe in a One Infinite Creator.

And I believe that One Infinite Creator came from "Intelligent Infinity" which is eternal and who created the "One Infinite Creator" so that this new being could manufacture all of reality out of pure thought so that it could experience itself and everything else in all of it's forms.

Good, bad, indifferent, matter, energy, light, nothingness, etc.

When I ponder this for a while, it totally reduces me to an insignificant little creature so I don't ponder it too long or too often anymore.

edit on 3/24/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Insignificant but valuable. You even could save someone's life some day.

You were given food daily throughout your life, I assume. You were given a place to live and take care of yourself. You were given clothes to wear, even though everything might have costed money you gained the money to get it. So you probably had to work for it but would you rather sleep all day? Work is nice. You were given a sun and a sea and land to walk around on the legs you got. And there are many sights to see with your eyes. You had a lot of music to listen to. Many things came for free too. The pretty girl who smiled you felt comfortable with. Insignificant, yea, though cared for. It's good to have an impressive God now, not? There are many more things about God.

What is a God of the Judeo-Christian-Muslim variety?

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

You and I know that this journey we are on is what you said! To learn.

Sometimes it takes a while and a life changing event to learn! We cannot help the way others don’t learn!

Thank you for you!

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Embrace imperfection.

When people bother us for the mistakes we have, what is there to learn? We are casted out. But when we are allowed to make mistakes we perfect ourselves.

The days are full of cycles of imperfection. When you make the same mistake enough you will know what is the right thing. With God the way is up. God wants us to learn. A steak isn't ready the moment you put it on a fire, it takes some time to become cooked.

In a way it's like, the ones who want it right are wrong.
edit on 1711282510307amSun, 24 Mar 2024 07:15:10 -050003America/Chicago24 by Unharmed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Why did the universe start

To ease the boredom?

Something to do and all that jazz.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The Universe started so we can ask questions about its existence.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

I don't believe in a God of the Judeo-Christian-Muslim variety. But I definitely believe in a One Infinite Creator.

And I believe that One Infinite Creator came from "Intelligent Infinity" which is eternal and who created the "One Infinite Creator" so that this new being could manufacture all of reality out of pure thought so that it could experience itself and everything else in all of it's forms.

Good, bad, indifferent, matter, energy, light, nothingness, etc.

When I ponder this for a while, it totally reduces me to an insignificant little creature so I don't ponder it too long or too often anymore.

Infinite creator?
Who created the universe?
And who created the creator?

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: som1new

Yeah, but that's kind of hubris on our part is it not?

Given the sheer size, scale, and totality of it all.

I'm apt to ponder a greater purpose than so Humans can spitball reality.

The purpose to such may simply be above humanity's ability to comprehend in any sort of meaningful manner.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join