It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the universe start…

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Here's the weird part something does come from nothing and here is how... A nothingness is perceived to exist and then gets in it realizing it isn't nothing it is mistaken for a self when such a thing really does not exist... It's not only weird it's sad and here's why some beings can live and stay in that nothing knowing it is nothing and those other damned people wont stay out of that persons nothing... mind you that person worked really really really hard to achieve work and maintain that nothing as a constant and it is in essence their self and the only self they have it both does and does not exist at the same time due to what was already previously stated.

Here's another way that nothing exists someone tells a harmless joke and everyone knows its a joke and then the joke leaves and its not taken as a joke and something is then made out of it when it was really nothing... Such was the entire premise of Seinfeld.

My nothing? I worked on it since '92 it became permanent after 30 years of hard work and all I see and hear is how it makes that nothing(the other people) that I would rather all be dead never exist at all ever in how "it"(my nothing) makes them "feel" well those are my feelings on those people and why don't I care? When I finally expire from natural causes all of those attached to my nothing wont have what they perceive as those "feelings" etc.

Feelings come and arise from an individual when someone says that makes me feel good? Delusion, because that perception is false. No one or nothing has your feeling out there somewhere to chase chase chase for more of it.

All my hard work and achieving nothing has done? Is make me hate every man woman and child that has ever existed or ever will exist from the start of any life to the end of it and that sort of dispassion is great it is good it is awesome because it means I will never ever return no matter how much begging pleading etc. work hard for that nothing you people think is "something" your SELF.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

In this case it would be like a single engram in your brain, deciding that it would get out of your brain to explore the reality outside.

Or maybe you can just change your thought pattern?

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

In this case it would be like a single engram in your brain, deciding that it would get out of your brain to explore the reality outside.

Or maybe you can just change your thought pattern?

Sure, you can think anything you want, all that machinery is located at or beyond the SCADA that is your brain. However, thinking something does not materially change this reality construct. I can think, "Nope I am not going to say....," but that sh!t comes out anyway. I believe this happens, because we really don't have control over our character's actions, at least any actions that are presented or materialize within the reality construct. We're here to serve out our time in Hell. Part of what makes it worse is knowing that you change anything, what will be, will be.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Haha, I was watching horse racing and I called you up on that Wed. You were free so we cooked up some whitefish and you decided it was a great day to make the universe. You made it so good that we cloned it and I could run the mirror universe.

Now I am stuck cleaning up dog poop.

Edit to add! I forgot you taught me how to mow the lawn with that fancy machine! Thank me you! Now I will never return! Lol

I forgot that you gave me a multi universal phone to contact you and it freakin fell in the John!☹️
edit on 17-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

One day you were bored after living with nothingness and working for nothing. You called a pay phone on the other universe and asked for me. We talked and you asked if I could go visit Charlie’s gum-ball shop in the third plane of time and make a purchase.

You wanted a blue gum-ball and grey smaller gum-ball with dust covering it. I bought it for you. You called one earth and the other moon.

For your entainment you created wild animals called humans. You watched them fly tin cans over the oceans you made from your crying eyes. You filled this ball with water and they made floats you called boats.

Then they started flying tin cans into space so you made radiation belt that they could not cross.

After years of fighting they nuked the earth lol! You were sad again! ☹️

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   

For a smart guy you do talk one load of nonsense.

edit on 17-11-2023 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Lol!

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

" Why did the universe start…"

Because the Supreme Creator was Bored ?

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Haha! You are most likely correct!

He or she said hey Zanti!, I need your help today because I am bored out of my mind. The rest is history!

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The universe isn't real, it's a simulation, a virtual reality construct. The NET energy/mass of the universe is ZERO, you get that with programming lol.

I actually think thinking the universe is a simulation is a sign of mental illness. When you reached peak detachment or denial of reality.
Because get this the universes is both: 0 and 1

People who say 'everything is mind' are kind of suffering from the same. The disability to acknowledge more than one thing can be true/exist at the same time.

What is chaos is the lack of being able to see all those tiny realities and their agency and reasons to contribute how they do to form reality.
Reality is always a sum of chaos depending on your own computing prowess.

My best guess is a prison, after all this place comes complete with wardens, managers and guards, you can't escape and there are varying levels of suffering and punishment, just like a prison.

... says more about you than you probably want it to, or if you will gives us the reason for your affliction.

that we are all the same person

your disability is showing again

How about you/we are not the centre of existence but the universes is? The universe as a symphony you are 87. violin to the right. You can be there you don't neccessairily have to be, because the song will always emerge as long as there is a sufficient number of 'processors' computing the information.
Information however is not bassed on your feels, be it suffering or joy. What makes you suffer is mostly your attitude because your detachment has gone haywire and is now all over the place instead of you using it to control your emotions.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeXoXeL
Well, according to quantum mechanics and string theory, the universe coming into existence wasn't a one-time anomaly but a cycle repeated over and over. Pardon me for not being an actual scientist, but my understanding of the theory is there is not one universe, but many.

Don't worry, understanding is not a requirement for believing in unsupported myths (the idea of a multiverse is pseudoscience, as is the idea of a cyclical universe as you described; but I won't bother trying to convince you of that when people that the masses are much more impressed and infatuated with, have already told them it's science, or that their speculations and unverified philosophies/ideas can be seen as scientific).

"A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true, for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding." (Isaac Newton)

Besides...

edit on 18-11-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

I don't disagree with you.

Different tongues, different thoughts... Same old window with saliva all over it.

Simulation theory isn't all that different from any other system we've had for understanding existence. What I see is humans dancing around the idea of free will and creationism. We can romanticise that with a touch of pronoia, we can do the opposite but for me it does amount to window licking.

I'm yet to see a person get a taste for windows whilst maintaining indifference. I suppose it can be done but we are naturally emotional creatures. I'm not meaning to offend with this post either and I do fully understand it's an acquired taste.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The only disability I have is physical, my knees and eyes are going bad. I have very good control over my emotions lol, I had to in the business I was in and the amount of death I've been a party to or seen.

Maybe you just don't understand at least what little we think we know about physics and this "reality." Let's say you were hired to make a movie, of course there would be a script and let's say one the conditions of the movie contract was to play every character and adhere completely to the script. So, let's say there are 10 characters you have to play and each character takes one hour. The entire movie might be 10 hours long when completed or it might be 1 hour long, depends on the script. One of the main issues is you to adhere to the script and are compelled to do so, which means you don't have any choices when it comes to playing the part of each character. If they kill, rape, steal, lie, etc., nothing can fall into the category of doing wrong or from a religious vantage, being a "sin" because you have no free will, no ability to make choices.

Now let's say it was possible to create meat puppets that could do all the acting for you, follow the script of this created "movie" exactly going through all the motions, speaking all the parts, within the confines of a physical, but still artificial reality construct. Maybe there is some kind of tethering technology to allow you to interface to the data acquisition section of the SCADA devices in each of the target biological's character, to make it so you can see, hear, smell, taste and feel, maybe to illicit an emotional response(s), but you're locked out of the control section.

Since "time" would be different outside of the artificial reality construct and the "movie" could be played, rewound, have character insertion anywhere, why would it not be possible or not even probable, that a single entity could "see" through the eyes of every character within the virtual reality construct, feel any joy or suffering that their character encounters?

Then you also have to look at the "reality" within our reality, that 98% of ALL people are visited by some level of suffering. Whether that suffering is financial, mental or physical, just about everybody gets some and some, way more than others. When I say gets some, it could losing money, failing a course, being beaten by a husband, raped and murdered, torn apart in your mother's womb by abortion, there is a lot of latitude in the range and volume of suffering within our "reality."

Remember, all things not expressly forbidden, are compulsory (can't remember who said that), which also means all things have a non-zero probability at worst of occurring. Whether we are all the same entity or multiple entities operating with the confines of this reality construct, it still has all the appearances of being a prison, likely the traditional idea of Hell.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon
The only "smart" me is the one during sleep; That finds the covers too hot and throws them off... Then when too cold pulls them back on.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I am the same as you! According to my mom I am a good person when I am asleep!

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Is it possible to be a human on this planet and not suffer from mental illness?

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

A day and a night of Brahma.

The oscillating universe.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

Is it possible to be a human on this planet and not suffer from mental illness?

Jung once thought he'd found the perfect individual. Then he added, a five minute conversation with the man's wife, soon put paid to that idea.

edit on 19-11-2023 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

We're all a bit mental and it's not too difficult to lose footing and slip from the thin path of sanity. Stress and sleep will effectively have anyone hallucinating but the majority simply forget to remember. Since when do the crazy have self realization about their state of mental health anyways? From what I've seen on my short time here is that it's very rare for that to happen.

Remember, all things not expressly forbidden, are compulsory (can't remember who said that)

Reads like something an old man up a mountain would say although his intent was to express the illusion of it all.

Have you ever heard of Pascal's wager? I see the line of thinking that leads to conclusions and unwinnable bets like that, is such reasoning really any different than Roko's basilisk or Plato's cave? All I'm saying is that potentially a million minds have danced around this issue and they got no closer to understanding the prison. I would say that perceiving yourself in a prison will do the mind no favours though. At best it'll have you sitting under a fig tree, pretending you're not hungry.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Did you ever read The Mysterious Island? Jules Verne?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join