It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now you can understand how the Nazis captured Germany.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I tend to not invoke Godwins law often, even though it's getting much easier these days. So I will simply establish the law as the predisposition rather than the sub context.

Many folks loved to virtue signal during the pre, contemporary and post Trump years about how they "saw" how the Nazis captured Germany. Which to the objective mind rang of not only hollowness but a good chuckle as no action backed that silly assertion up. Even still across the Twitsphere and on ATS, occasionally you'll see someone try to tie those two together to ill effect.

Now, we have a contingent of the democrat party that is openly antisemitic but anti white as well. You know...actual racism.

Yet under the guise of some sort of minority or unprivileged class, these positions are heralded from the anonymous poster to the MSM. Which again, in the objective world, would ring hollow. If your position of being a minority (race/sex/class ect) is lauded in every facet of social society...you are not a minority. Even if it is strictly applied to a population size, it does not encompass the colloquial sense of the word.

Now we can see riots, protests, fights, deaths and rhetoric that points to exactly how someone like Hitler and his Nazi regime can come to power. It's with power, force, multi tiers of justice, hypocrisy and of course an utter hate for someone based on immutable characteristics.

We see you.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I like the idea that Godwin's Law has become Godwin's Tool, but he might not be happy with that.

I mean on a global scale if you accuse someone of being a Nazi, or Nazi-like behaviour you no longer have to treat them as humans, more or less.
Like Antifa, where it went up all the way to politics. Up to Russia vs Ukraine.

It feels like there was a shift somewhere inbetween before Trump even and those thoughts of 'stealing our life' also becasme mainstream almost.

Why would either of those two 'memes' stop before the 'other group'?

Is that what we want and to what we should adjust our standards? ie become nazis to fight Nazis?
or has that happened?
and where will it go?

edit on 7-11-2023 by FurPerson because: add

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Does being against what Israel has done in Gaza mean that I'm antisemitic? Am I on the same level as Hitler just because I think the Israeli government is a group of sadistic psychopaths using any excuse they can to ethnically cleanse Gaza?

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I tend to not invoke Godwins law often, even though it's getting much easier these days. So I will simply establish the law as the predisposition rather than the sub context.

Many folks loved to virtue signal during the pre, contemporary and post Trump years about how they "saw" how the Nazis captured Germany. Which to the objective mind rang of not only hollowness but a good chuckle as no action backed that silly assertion up. Even still across the Twitsphere and on ATS, occasionally you'll see someone try to tie those two together to ill effect.

Now, we have a contingent of the democrat party that is openly antisemitic but anti white as well. You know...actual racism.

Yet under the guise of some sort of minority or unprivileged class, these positions are heralded from the anonymous poster to the MSM. Which again, in the objective world, would ring hollow. If your position of being a minority (race/sex/class ect) is lauded in every facet of social society...you are not a minority. Even if it is strictly applied to a population size, it does not encompass the colloquial sense of the word.

Now we can see riots, protests, fights, deaths and rhetoric that points to exactly how someone like Hitler and his Nazi regime can come to power. It's with power, force, multi tiers of justice, hypocrisy and of course an utter hate for someone based on immutable characteristics.

We see you.

Hmm... What's Next , Burning Down the House of Representatives ?

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Why would either of those two 'memes' stop before the 'other group'?

I don't find it a matter on intentionality but rather how apt one may be over another. The actions > words paradigm.
Having been called every -ist -ism and phobe while not taking any action, speech or otherwise, to those ends.

Is that what we want and to what we should adjust our standards? ie become nazis to fight Nazis?

I don't see that as what is happening. What I do see is exactly as you described:

I mean on a global scale if you accuse someone of being a Nazi, or Nazi-like behaviour you no longer have to treat them as humans, more or less.

Using words to "justify" actions no matter how hollow those words are.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 31331Dos
Does being against what Israel has done in Gaza mean that I'm antisemitic? Am I on the same level as Hitler just because I think the Israeli government is a group of sadistic psychopaths using any excuse they can to ethnically cleanse Gaza?

Depends.

Are you
-voting for
-cheering on
-advocating for

the eradication of people based on immutable characteristics? Then likely.

If you are against Israel but not pro hamas and subsequent palestinians, I think that distinction is perfectly fine.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I think we were well on the way without the added division of Israel and Gaza.

Remember, we were racist, sexist and deplorable when we didn't vote for Hillary.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think we were well on the way without the added division of Israel and Gaza.

Remember, we were racist, sexist and deplorable when we didn't vote for Hillary.

Wait , What ? What do I Think !

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think we could, and have, argued all day and night about when it started and what the trajectory would be.

We've arrived at a point that we all knew would eventually come and those that were screaming the loudest that "we would be absolutely against the nazis in 30's Germany!" have actively sided with and participated in protests, riots, assaults and murder of Jewish people.

Not to mention all the other people who were called names to justify their authoritarian intentions.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It's sick to see Americans scream about killing Jews and eliminating Israel.

I guess they skipped that part of history that we are now doomed to repeat.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Which is an important observation.

It's not about any of the feel good intentions that are spouted time and time again. It's about power and control...over you.

Any means to get there is on the table. Lies, hypocrisy, et al.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The cultivation of the double edged sword known was wokeism has made the slope all the more slippery.

((Whites)) are inherently evil are they not?

All the colonization and slavery, disturbing civilizations that would've turned into Wakanda.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It was only a matter of time before the evil in our country would emerge and be open about it.

Since they're getting support from the MSM and social media, they are free to Kristallnacht to their hearts content.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I find it equally as concerning that words seem to far outweigh actions when the "press" is concerned.

There is no simple way out of this trajectory.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Any means to get there is on the table. Lies, hypocrisy, et al.

Indeed!

Adobe is selling fake AI images of the war in Israel-Gaza

[www.crikey.com.au...]

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am against both what Isreal is doing, and what Palestine is doing. The Nazis rose to power because Hitler could do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of his followers. Sound familiar?

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625
I am against both what Isreal is doing, and what Palestine is doing. The Nazis rose to power because Hitler could do absolutely no wrong in the eyes of his followers. Sound familiar?

*cough*Biden*cough*

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

Sure does sound familiar.
While Biden and his Dem goons are destroying this country, the Dem followers are living in bliss without Trump hurting their feelz.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 31331Dos

“Any excuse that they can”

Like invasion, rape, torture, kidnapping and rocket attacks.

Ya what a bunch of drama queens those Israelis are.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
*cough*Biden*cough*

Literally nobody wants Biden to be our president now, and nobody wants him to be the next president. But stuff is headed back in the direction that it needs to go. Be it him, or someone else telling him what to do, right now sucks, but things are getting fixed.

How did we get here? Obama inherited a turd and turned it into a brick of gold. He gave it to Trump. Here we are. Economic policy takes years to effect the populace.

originally posted by: RazorV66
Sure does sound familiar.
While Biden and his Dem goons are destroying this country, the Dem followers are living in bliss without Trump hurting their feelz.

LOLOLOL!

See above. America isn't destroyed yet, but you and your cult will definitely get us there. I sentence you to 20 hail Trumps before you go to bed tonight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join