It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excorcist Priest Warns Stay Away from Occult and Ouija Boards

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Interesting turn you took there.
I am always sceptical when it is about 'superpowers' but very intrigued.

You always deliver some real new thinkers, I love it

Didn't get your PM?

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I like that theory. May well explain some other paranormal stuff as well. Maybe investigators "create" EVPs, for example. Not an outside agent but their expectations. May explain why hearing "get out" is common

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

I like that theory. May well explain some other paranormal stuff as well. Maybe investigators "create" EVPs, for example. Not an outside agent but their expectations. May explain why hearing "get out" is common

Consider layered energy frequencies.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Re-sent. It says it sent. I think it's the way I respond.

It's for sci-fi Halloween fun. But I always considered psychic phenomenon, occult things, ghosts, magic, all the weird stranger things as products of our civilization, of the same unconscious source. Which sorta makes the "supernatural" noosphere. I think...

More banter than too deep metaphysical pondering.
edit on 30-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson
a reply to: Mahogani

Kind of like
The Impotent God

lol

And yes, on the rest of your post: Agreed. I believe complexity gives rise to consciousness. It is not our cells but it is the fact that trillions of them are creating a complex system that gives birth to consciousness. That is why babies are not conscious, humans become conscious at some point, when there is enough complexity in our brain.

I don't know if that consciousness requires life or if it can come from an inanimate system. Just don't know that but I think any complexity can give rise to it. For example, vast mycelial networks that span the globe, creating whole organisms underground, connecting all trees in a forest for example... that is life and it is complex, with trillions of connections. I think it may be conscious. It is possible such a huge underground system may itself be conscious of itself as a whole.

But galaxies and the filaments connecting them are inanimate. Can that complexity also give birth to a consciousness? Can anything sufficiently complex, any system, create conditions for consciousness?

AI farms with thousands of computers and quadrillions of calculations and connections?

edit on 30-10-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What is AI in the context of the noosphere though?
Isn't it still a tool?
An automated information processing device?

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

from an inanimate system.

Feels like it depends on how you approach it. What is the definition of life?
To me things are alive when they propagate change.

From there on the issue you run into is:
1. over a sufficiently long time span an inanimate system decays or transforms = change
2. on the micro level it starts at the scale of electrons also to get iffy = speed and changing position in a system (atom) is also change

so there is either a goldilocks zone, something about scale and frequency of the transformation.
Or my definition is useless.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I was in the same boat as you but unless your experience it firsthand you will blow it off as simply foolish.

I would take everything the exorcists say with the grain of salt.

Thats actually correct as if necessary they will spread the sacred salts around the property line to possibly ward off evil. I had Father Robert Morey of the Catholic Diocese of Charleston at my home in July of 2021 as a result of a huge backstory. Hes a Vatican trained Exorcist.

He didnt spew fire and brimstone as actually he was quite pragmatic and down to earth. He was over to check me out and bless our home. He said that I have been unnder Spiritual Attack since the age of 7. It began as Sleep Paralysis. I basically reduced it by 95% Christmas week 2018 by praying to several deceased relatives and to God. In 2021 he told me what to do to put the res to bed so I did as what he requested to me was reasonable.

My last Sleep Paralysis episode was on January 30, 2022. I returned to church and pray to the rosary weekly. This past Fall of 2023 I did an international podcast from London, England with Dr. Sheila Pryce Brooks of York University and Cyrus Richardson. I mention ATS several times throughout.

I will post the link in another post in response to the author of this thread.

BOO!

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't agree on the widely accepted definition of life. It does not account for things like viruses, and for decades now we can't agree that they are also life. They 'propagate change', as you put it. They multiply and expand, as all life does. It protects itself, it feeds, it evolves and upgrades itself into better versions.

I stumped my professor once, ages ago in college, when he was explaining that viruses are not life. I asked him... if we found viruses on Mars, would we hail it as finding life? He smiled but he didn't answer.

I think we absolutely would call it life.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Many people blow this stuff off as foolish or your mental and on and on and on. I cant blame them as unless you exerience this so called spiritual ~ paranornamal stuff firsthand one would think its all gobblygook. It so aint brother nor can science explain it.

As a result of a huge backstory in my pursuit of finding answers to my spiritual ~ paranornamal baggage my last contact was with Dr. Brooks PhD,of York University who interviewed me from London, England and lauched it as a Podcast internationally. In brief I had Father Robert Morey at my home in July 2021. Hes a Vatican trained Exorcist. Hes the priest that denied Joe Biden communion. I am embarassed by the title but they goosed it for traction. My story.

EX-GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL REVEALS THE TRUTH ABOUT SLEEP PARALYSIS, ETS, HAUNTED HOUSES AND THE LADY IN BLACK

Podcast

Reference: Globbygook; Netflix Episode SpyCraft by CIA Officer H. Keith Melton.

So lets get the Cauldrin party started! BOO!

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Who woulda thunk it eh? What's really kinda odd though is, as far as I can tell, all demonic possessions happen with catholics. Why is that? Is it because of all the pagan and pedo symbolism? Maybe it's the idolatry? Maybe it's putting Mary above Christ? I dunno, but what I do know is that there were a lot more books in the Bible before the catholics got a hold it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: meckanic

or they get attacked more because the guard The Secret Fire

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

all demonic possessions happen with catholics. Why is that?

Its not just Catholics. I know that at the Internatioanl Conference of Exorcists in Rome this month they are discussing that they would provide their Exorcist services to other denominations. They also rely on science to make that call first; IE mental evaluation. They also just do it and dont ask for money nor pester anyone after.

I personally know Exorcist Father Robert Morey. Hes a former US DEC Criminal Presecutor. Decent man

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Why would an organization that has all the appearances of worshiping the "Lord of this World" be handed over something, I suppose is important, like a "secret fire?" I mean seriously, these robed characters have been hunting down kids for years, banging nuns and burying their babies after they kill them. Doesn't seem terribly righteous to me, seems altogether hypocritical apart from the rampant evil they try to cover up.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Know of any non-catholics that required an exorcism? Prominent would be good. It just appears that it's always catholics that are in dire need of an exorcism. My only point is, that as a religion full of hypocrisy, lies, pride, gluttony, murder and lust/sexual abuse, wouldn't that explain why the door is open for possession.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

isn't it all relative though? And a chain made of links has vulnerabilities.

You still have an organisation where the 'work' is done by people dedicating their life to a cause.
Not the 'public relations' stuff.

Behind the veil

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

isn't it all relative though? And a chain made of links has vulnerabilities.

You still have an organisation where the 'work' is done by people dedicating their life to a cause.
Not the 'public relations' stuff.

Behind the veil

Actually no, it's not relative. An escalation in evil is still and escalation of evil. Pretending to be good when you're evil is still hypocrisy and lying. If an organization has an agenda to promote evil, but tells everyone it's promoting good and the employees are too apathetic, mercenary or stupid to do any research, then they are responsible as well. Like doctors/media/politicians and the covid jab, they're all liable, they'll find out soon. When the riots and civil unrest really starts and the cops come in because they are collecting a paycheck, they'll be liable as well.

We see this all the time in politics as well. A politician will levy a new tax and say it's helping people, while it is destroying people and helping the politician. Even when everyone recognizes the politician is lying, they continue to lie. Nothing is new under the sun.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

What is AI in the context of the noosphere though?
Isn't it still a tool?
An automated information processing device?

The spokesperson or PR representative for the noosphere?

Kinda the PR face for the ungodly creation that will eventually rise up and assume control. And if our ideal, belief, and politically altered landscapes are evidence of the noosphere, then we are already there, and it just grows in complexity and subservience to our own creation from here.

Our own emergent hell.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Stay away from the occult, Ouija boards.....................And priests.

Ha

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think one of the issues here is that multiple ideas and concepts are being mixed together or not properly understood. The word demon is a perfect example of this. The original meaning of the word demon was pretty different from today's definition. It's interesting how the meanings of words can change based on human attitudes, values, and projections in the time they are defined in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join