It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakfast Tacos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Happy Saturday morning!

A wise and noble woman once said something about the celebrated diversity of breakfast tacos. Well I've searched high and low in my town and never found anything so delicious as the ones made by my own hands.

The first thing you'll want to do is make some pico de gallo. Very simple and fresh. Diced onions, tomatoes, avocado if you choose, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Give it a good toss.

Scramble some eggs to your liking...assemble with bacon and cheese. I use sharp cheddar.

A little splash of your favorite hot sauce or taco sauce and this beats anything you've ever had from takeout.

edit on 28-10-2023 by 2Narcoleptic2Buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Narcoleptic2Buddha

oh no you've been talking to MEE6 haven't you?

lol sorry bad joke, I had to

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

I'm afraid I don't get the reference. Care to explain to a boomer like me?

edit on 28-10-2023 by 2Narcoleptic2Buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Narcoleptic2Buddha
Happy Saturday morning!

A wise and noble woman once said something about the celebrated diversity of breakfast tacos. Well I've searched high and low in my town and never found anything so delicious as the ones made by my own hands.

The first thing you'll want to do is make some pico de gallo. Very simple and fresh. Diced onions, tomatoes, avocado if you choose, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Give it a good toss.

Scramble some eggs to your liking...assemble with bacon and cheese. I use sharp cheddar.

A little splash of your favorite hot sauce or taco sauce and this beats anything you've ever had from takeout.

For my insides I add:
crumbled Jimmy Dean Hot and Maple sausage
scrambled eggs
bacon
cheddar cheese (block that I shred)
diced potatoes or hashbrown (frozen from a bag is fine if no time to cut up potatoes) - boil them al dente

I then throw it all in the instapot for a couple of hours

I then wrap in tortillas and freeze a bunch - to be thrown in the microwave for later

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

oh no you've been talking to MEE6 haven't you?

lol sorry bad joke, I had to

Funny. MEE6 has a bit of an attitude. haha

originally posted by: 2Narcoleptic2Buddha
a reply to: FurPerson

I'm afraid I don't get the reference. Care to explain to a boomer like me?

MEE6 is the bot in the ATS Discord server

edit on 10 28 23 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was talking to the ATS Discord server MEE6 the other day about tacos, and he said he doesn't eat tacos. I was like "what the heck? What do you have.

Server say "I just have chips, hold the salsa.

edit on 28-10-2023 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I am also partial to breakfast tacos, definitely better than juevos rancheros.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Had breakfast tacos in some local fast food restaurants a few times, wasn't impressed. So we never made them at home. The wife was turned off by them at those fast food joints too, so she doesn't even consider them. Had one fish taco, that was actually good. I do like tacos, but as in my other article, tomatoes are an issues, so we have them maybe once every three weeks. Tuesday is Italian, hispanic, pizza, and other cultural food day usually, we picked tuesday for that because of Taco Tuesday.

I think Homemade ones would probably be a lot better. But I would rather have an omelet or just eggs and toast plus maybe hash browns or American fries. I do know quite a few people who love breakfast buritos.

top topics

join